Who has had a better career? Hawkins v Kennedy v Riewoldt

Who has had a better career?

• Total voters
Kennedy and Riewoldt didn't push guys in the back to kick their goals. Hawkins 3rd for me.
Agreed - this still burns me...
Cost Soldo 18 months of footy too.

giphy.gif

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Incredible how evenly matched their respective careers are and yet they're quite different in their playing styles. Hawkins big power forward, Kennedy classic lead out fwd, Jack floating fwd.

JR Goals:739 - Assists:235
TH Goals:701 - Assists:260
JK Goals:704 - Assists:149

Marks, tackles disposals all relatively close as well

Kennedy has played about 30 games less than the other 2.

Loz89

Draftee
Mar 10, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
In their prime Kennedy. A full forwards 1st priority is to kick goals and he averages more goals per game than the other 2. His highest goal scoring season is better than the other 2, so that’s gotta get the win if you’re objective. I think that Riewoldt has had the best career and Hawkins the most durable and sustained level of excellence and Kennedy the best goal kicker. If goals are not the most important factor than why is buddy better than all 3?

Last edited:

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
1. Riewoldt
2. JK
3. TH

Riewoldt gets the nod because of the 3 flags, and the fact that he always showed up in finals

Even in the 2013/14/15 elimination finals he was outstanding .

Also the first player in 60 yrs to outscore the oppo in a Grannie with his 5 goals in 2019.

1. Riewoldt
2. JK
3. TH

Riewoldt gets the nod because I'm a Richmond supporter

Also the first player in 60 yrs to outscore the oppo in a Grannie with his 5 goals in 2019.
FTFY

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Goals contributed per game

Riewoldt 3.07
Hawkins 3.06
Kennedy 2.96

I think Hawkins is the best player of the 3, but I have him and Jack above Kennedy for sure. Kennedy was a spearhead full forward, and a great one. Hawkins and Jack both have been more than that for a long time

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
1. Riewoldt
2. JK
3. TH

Riewoldt gets the nod because of the 3 flags, and the fact that he always showed up in finals

Riewoldt has only been marginally better than Hawkins in finals and that is not good.
Did nothing in 2013.
Pretty mediocre in 2017 averaging 4 marks & 1.3 goals per game.
Did he even play in the 2015 QF?
And probably played his worst finals series in 2020 where he averaged less than 2 marks & 1.2 goals a game.

Kennedy has been pretty damn consistent in September. His marks, disposals and goals did not drop away like the other two did.

Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Riewoldt has only been marginally better than Hawkins in finals and that is not good.
Did nothing in 2013.
Pretty mediocre in 2017 averaging 4 marks & 1.3 goals per game.
Did he even play in the 2015 QF?
And probably played his worst finals series in 2020 where he averaged less than 2 marks & 1.2 goals a game.

Kennedy has been pretty damn consistent in September. His marks, disposals and goals did not drop away like the other two did.

In the 2015 EF, 4 goals in an otherwise sombre performance by the club

Kicked 5 in that fateful 2018 prelim too

Loz89

Draftee
Mar 10, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
1. Riewoldt
2. JK
3. TH

JK or Hawk kicks seven on Phil Davis in the condition he was in on that day. Definitely not a good reference point for Riewoldts ability

Loz89

Draftee
Mar 10, 2022
AFL Club
West Coast
Goals contributed per game

Riewoldt 3.07
Hawkins 3.06
Kennedy 2.96

I think Hawkins is the best player of the 3, but I have him and Jack above Kennedy for sure. Kennedy was a spearhead full forward, and a great one. Hawkins and Jack both have been more than that for a long time
Surely as full forwards you factor in their actual goals per game average? Selective stats

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
Surely as full forwards you factor in their actual goals per game average? Selective stats

Riewoldt and Hawkins have shown an ability to influence games in other ways and create. Josh Kennedy has always been a goal square lead-mark Full forward. Which he is very good at. I just think Hawkins and Riewoldt are more complete players.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If Hawkins is such a great player, how come he never kicked more than 7 goals is a game and he played FF in the greatest home and away team of the last decade ?
If Dustin Martin is such a great player how come he's never had more then 38 disposals in a game playing with no defensive role in the best team of the last decade? See how it's a shite argument

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
If Dustin Martin is such a great player how come he's never had more then 38 disposals in a game playing with no defensive role in the best team of the last decade? See how it's a shite argument

Not really

Its a dumb argument.

Hawkins doesn't have any other job other than kicking goals.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Are you OK?
I'm Okay Blaisee just pointing out him not ever kicking over 7 goals isn't really an issue when you take into account score involvements and the fact he is only 30 goals behind Riewoldt who he will pass next year anyway

Back