Toast How can this Melbourne side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last two games are going to be very interesting. Think Carlton have a team that can match up well against us with dangerous tall forwards in Curnow and McKay which will be a good test for our backline as well as a midfield led by Cripps and Walsh. Even though we beat Brisbane easily last time, they're still a dangerous side and they will be tougher to beat at the Gabba. I reckon that game will probably decide the last spot in the top 4. I'm nervous going into these last two games, we've put ourselves in a vulnerable position to miss the top 4 altogether. Costly losses when we've given up 4-5 goal leads to Fremantle, Collingwood, Western Bulldogs and Sydney have really hurt us.

Fair enough. We saw two different things.

I actually thought Collingwood kicked very well and made the most of their opportunities in front of goal compared with Melbourne.

They had 18 inside 50s in the first half and kicked 8.2. Phenomenal conversion rate.

Did Langdon really say the other day that the Pies were a "one trick pony" and "all duck, no dinner"?

If that's the case, you can add one other way this Melbourne side can be stopped...sheer arrogance.

Surely he didn't say that??

The sheer arrogance of Langdon and the MFC to not only label the Pies as "one trick ponies" but to then outwardly call them out.

Pretentious prats!

So... what time tomorrow will you be posting the exact same opinion?

So... what time tomorrow will you be posting the exact same opinion?

It is what it is. If you don't like it, speak to the pretentious s**t of a wingman. It's most likely spoken about at club level though. Something like that would have been spoken about at a group level and he probably simply feckd up by repeating it in an interview.

Last year once we got 4 goals up we weren’t losing games. Last night when we were getting all those inside 50s I thought flood gates would open or we’ll let the pies back in. Can’t give the pies a sniff. They are hungry and will run games out.
We dominated the clearances, contested possession and inside 50s. I read a stat that type of dominance has occurred 46 times in 21 years. Pies the 3rd team to win whilst on the receiving end of it.

Last edited:
Last year once we got 4 goals up we weren’t losing games. Last night when we were getting all those inside 50s I thought flood gates would open or we’ll let the pies back in. Can’t give the pies a sniff. They are hungry and will run games out.
We dominated the clearances, contested possession and inside 50s. I read a stat that type of dominance has occurred 46 times in 21 years. Pies the 3rd team to win whilst on the receiving end of it.
So true that it was a very good win for Collingwood. Also true it doesn't necessarily bode well for them if they get the Demons again in a 2v3 final.

Regardless, the game last night was what Friday night footy should be about.

Over 70k in the crowd, and both teams put on a great spectacle.

Fast, tough footy which flowed with scoring and settled in the last minute of the game.

AFL and footy fans couldn’t ask for much more than that.
👍🏻👍🏻

Melbourne had way more of the footy & dominated in the midfield.

Just shows you that stats & numbers that the Dees players rack up don't win you games of footy.
The kids are bulls but their disposal efficiency is attrocious and often they are too slow to spread from the contest if they can't get a kick away.

Oliver's performance was a classic, 42 disposals at 69%. Sounds alright yeh?

But he had 28 handballs - 28! 10 turnovers, 7 clangers and only 412 m gained.

That is just tying up a spot in the midfield with junk stats. They need finesse in their midfield and they can't afford to lose Brayshaw off the hbf. He looks unfit too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kids are bulls but their disposal efficiency is attrocious and often they are too slow to spread from the contest if they can't get a kick away.

Oliver's performance was a classic, 42 disposals at 69%. Sounds alright yeh?

But he had 28 handballs - 28! 10 turnovers, 7 clangers and only 412 m gained.

That is just tying up a spot in the midfield with junk stats. They need finesse in their midfield and they can't afford to lose Brayshaw off the hbf. He looks unfit too.
Lol what a shocking take.

42 possessions, 24 of those contested and 14 clearances. I'd hazard a guess that less than 10 players in the history of the AFL have had a stat line like that.

He wasn't as damaging with his possessions as usual (and he hasn't been since he broke his thumb a couple weeks back), but to call them junk stats purely because he's scraping at the bottom of packs and feeding out handballs is absolutely dumb AF.

Langdon is a flog ...rubbed the wrong way when he started talking about freo earlier in the year,like just stfu

Ah who cares. Let players banter and call out other teams like the good old days. Players are too well media trained now, its boring. Nothing like a bit of spice to get it going.

Lol what a shocking take.

42 possessions, 24 of those contested and 14 clearances. I'd hazard a guess that less than 10 players in the history of the AFL have had a stat line like that.

He wasn't as damaging with his possessions as usual (and he hasn't been since he broke his thumb a couple weeks back), but to call them junk stats purely because he's scraping at the bottom of packs and feeding out handballs is absolutely dumb AF.
It's not that shocking. Was all everybody in the media talked about.

Junk, low value stats.

Each of those dinky handballs wastes time and a lot put the receiver under pressure. No one needs to explain to you that Melbourne midfield desperately needs outside class, right?

Each of those dinky handballs wastes time and a lot put the receiver under pressure. No one needs to explain to you that Melbourne midfield desperately needs outside class, right?
I bet you are one of the idiots who yells out 'just kick it' every time a player gets the ball

Don't need to. I follow a team that does. Seems to be working without stats paddlers in the middle.
cool, hopefully you can win a final this year

It's not that shocking. Was all everybody in the media talked about.

Junk, low value stats.

You realise the handball is just as valuable if not more than a kick sometimes. For example. Kicking it long and only getting it to 50-60m from goal, instead handballing forward and getting a chain going and getting a better look, a deeper look and in the end an easier kick.

You realise the handball is just as valuable if not more than a kick sometimes. For example. Kicking it long and only getting it to 50-60m from goal, instead handballing forward and getting a chain going and getting a better look, a deeper look and in the end an easier kick.
Nah mate, just blindly bomb it long to an intercept marker. That's how you rack up those valuable meters gained

Remove this Banner Ad

Back