Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't be interested in Grundy personally.
Great player, incredibly talented, but the capital required to get the deal done isn't worth it given where we are in our rebuild.
Let the Wobbles suffer with their high priced contracts and focus on building our next generation of rucks.
Ramsden seems to be developing rapidly and showing a lot, Lynch is a serviceable enough ruckman and Reeves is our centrepiece for the next 7-10 years.
This is what I mean by the salary dump never working for us. It only helps Collingwood we get a injury prone 28 year old and they get breathing space for the next generation of players

Based on what I heard doesn’t seem like it, from a footy sense, but maybe his checked out with the injury..

It would make sense why he has seemed heavier to some across this season tho

He was on radio recently mentioning that he put on size in the gym on purpose because he thought it would make him a stronger inside midfielder.

He also said he knows he played too heavy as a result and he'll be starting pre-season early and look to strip off some of that size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

has he been injured? I thought it was a bee sting and a couple of concussions.
Paddy McCartin missed effectively 3 seasons of footy and was delisted due to 8 repeat concussions.

Both Reeves and Lynch have missed more games through injury / concussion than they’ve played in their fledgling careers.

Our ruck stocks are extremely thin

I heard this morning that Essendon are looking for another quick hbf nick hind downhill skier type. What would they part with for bramble?

I heard this morning that Essendon are looking for another quick hbf nick hind downhill skier type. What would they part with for bramble?

He can't defend, but if they are after someone who can run and use it well then he's their man.

Reckon he's worth a third rounder.

Get Taranto !
How can Richmond or collingwood get him when we have a better draft pick? Not sure why we aren’t
Don’t think he fits with the kind of player we want, plus he most likely won’t come cheap at the trade table.

I would love everybody's thoughts on Toby McLean. I think he is the perfect fit for us. He's an Unrestricted Free Agent as well which makes it even sweeter. He is 26 so really fits our age profile, I think he's a real need for us. The Bulldogs have just resigned so many players and he remains unsigned. I really feel we need to make a hard play for him. Can play Fwd and can also play Mid exactly the player we should be looking at.

I would love everybody's thoughts on Toby McLean. I think he is the perfect fit for us. He's an Unrestricted Free Agent as well which makes it even sweeter. He is 26 so really fits our age profile, I think he's a real need for us. The Bulldogs have just resigned so many players and he remains unsigned. I really feel we need to make a hard play for him. Can play Fwd and can also play Mid exactly the player we should be looking at.
Reported we'd been interested before. I've never much liked the way he goes about it, but he's still a good player - only concern is that he's now officially 4 years and a few serious injuries past his peak seasons of footy. I wouldn't be against it but would need some time to warm to the idea of cheering for him.

He can't defend, but if they are after someone who can run and use it well then he's their man.

Reckon he's worth a third rounder.
not much point dishing him for a third imo

would rather try and recapture his late 2021 form. Had a rough year but a good ball user with run and carry sounds like exactly something our gameplan will benefit from.

not much point dishing him for a third imo

would rather try and recapture his late 2021 form. Had a rough year but a good ball user with run and carry sounds like exactly something our gameplan will benefit from.

Agree.

But we do have several players vying for a similar role, and with Morris looking like a good defender he now has another competitor.

It will be interesting to see whether he can get back into the side and displace someone like Morrison.

Grundy seems like a ripper of a guy but don’t think he makes sense for our list

Our forth ruck next season should be a 23-28 year old meat axe we can get on the cheap. Someone that’s not promised senior footy but the carrot at the end of the stick is there if they play well/we have injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back