Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pies were crazy to offer Grundy such a long contract in the first place - Grundy is not Buddy - and Geelong would be well advised to think twice about taking on what remains of it. The law of entropy says things break down over time. It's hard to know when Conway will be AFL-ready, but It's not fanciful to think he could blooded next year.

Meanwhile Hopper or another good mid-fielder is patently our most pressing need.

Bruhn is a hard one. but I've just watched the Classic Cast of 94 Dogs/Cats final with Libber and Billy saying they never thought Brad Johnson (playing game 8) and various others would achieve what they eventually did achieve. The lesson is: you can't dismiss players too early. I write this as one who has made this mistake several times eg. when I first saw Barry Stoneham play I said to a mate he'll never make it!
Agree Hopper is the type we need but might want to be sure on the injury. He hasn't exactly come back in ripping form

I reckon we’ve got the most perfect second ruck the game has seen…and it ain’t Stanley.
It's debatable who the primary ruck really is. Last time they played together Blitz was in more ruck contests than Stanley

It's debatable who the primary ruck really is. Last time they played together Blitz was in more ruck contests than Stanley
That wouldn’t be the the norm though. Possibly the most underrated player in my time watching Geelong Blicavs.

Agree Hopper is the type we need but might want to be sure on the injury. He hasn't exactly come back in ripping form
Hopper and Grundy both.
And we would need to exercise ultra scepticism when it comes to anything Grundy says to us, given his record as an "unreliable interviewee".

Tom de Koning dropped by Carlton this week….

The Pies were crazy to offer Grundy such a long contract in the first place - Grundy is not Buddy - and Geelong would be well advised to think twice about taking on what remains of it. The law of entropy says things break down over time. It's hard to know when Conway will be AFL-ready, but It's not fanciful to think he could blooded next year.

Meanwhile Hopper or another good mid-fielder is patently our most pressing need.

Bruhn is a hard one. but I've just watched the Classic Cast of 94 Dogs/Cats final with Libber and Billy saying they never thought Brad Johnson (playing game 8) and various others would achieve what they eventually did achieve. The lesson is: you can't dismiss players too early. I write this as one who has made this mistake several times eg. when I first saw Barry Stoneham play I said to a mate he'll never make it!
Conway may make his debut next season but the kid is 3/4 years away from being a solid AFL player
Grundy is perfect IMO

Because they are 2nd on the ladder without an injured/massively overpaid Grundy (also with 5 years on that bogus contract).

Putting the bulk of the $$$ to upgrade a spot on their list that is needed or to keep players they prefer would be their thinking.

Grundy has proven to not be required.
They are getting slaughtered in clearances every week , may be winning right now but not convinced its sustainable.

Tom de Koning dropped by Carlton this week….
Embeth Davidtz Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's almost becoming a running joke. The 'He would've been great 4 years ago' Geelong recruit.

Having said that, I'm a fan at the right price but he shouldn't be our priority. We need to replenish our midfield and if we can do that (Bruhn, JDG, Hopper) and STILL get Grundy then that would be the ideal, albeit unlikely scenario.

You want as many good players as you can get at your football club, but I wouldn't have him at the top of the list of requirements atm.

On the McIntosh Injury Baggage scale of 1 to 10 (1 = Hamish) where do you rate Grundy?
Grundys yearly games
First 6 games this season

His injury baggage is non excistent, so a 11
If he struggles next year I’d be worried, but his body for a ruckman has been extremely durable, which is rare

Grundy has met with Geelong. It's not a media beat up.

The 666 and stand rule have returned the power of the ruckman. Its probable that you almost need two rucks, as being beaten in the CB..for 5 minutes might be the difference.

Stanley has had his best year and Ceglar is the green guy with question marks in the batmen tv show.... sort of like the back up villain to the Joker. Both have shown a history injury.... both have shown they can play... although different types.

I can only assume , that they just do not want to make the same mistake that I feel we made for years... probably since Ottens, go intoa season hoping w can make do , hoping there are no injuries.

I guess id ask...is this better than what we have... and is it worth the cost. and that depends on the cost i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back