Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll offer them four first rounders: Jones, McHenry, McAsey and Milera. Maybe five, throw in Smith as steak knives
Throw in Hamish to sweeten the deal.

There is no way most of those players listed would be untouchable in a trade
Probably a naive view of our untouchables. But I imagine it’ll be bad (team culture, etc) to trade Hinge after signing a 2 year deal. So that’s the logic I was playing with when trying to define an untradeable, 50/50, tradeable list.

If we get JHF/Rankine this trade period, I'm going to be pumped AF!

However, I don't think this and next year's 1st will get it done. We will have to get creative with trading Crouch/Sholl/Himmel/Rowe etc or give up a best 22 player:

Untouchables
  • RUCK/FWD: FOG/McAdam/TT/Walker/Rachelle/Milera
  • MIDS: Berry/Laird/Soliglo
  • DEF: Hinge/Dawson/Smith/Butts
50/50
  • RUCK/FWD: McHenry
  • MID: Jones/Keays/Schoenberg
  • DEF: Doedee/Murray/Parnell

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

Rankine Trade: 2023 Pick 1 + Keays > Rankine + 2022 Rd 2 pick
JHF trade: 2022 Pick 1 + ROB (replaces Goldy) + Murphy > JHF

Will likely miss out on Philippou, but hopefully Reidy can get creative with the Sholl/Crouch/Berg picks.
Some of those untouchables are very touchable ….. Milera, Hinge, Smith for sure, with McAdam at a pinch. All the 50:50s would be on the table should North or GCS want them.

I would be disappointed if Worrell, Taylor and to a lesser extent Cook were in the mix ….. but to get players with the elite potential of JHF & Rankine we may need to give up a couple of similar aged juniors with the potential to be very good.

I’d also be disappointed if we can’t retain the picks/points to get Michalanney and Keeler if he slips below 40, with someone like Verral as a late/rookie selection.

Playstation trade period

Keays + Pick 5 + future Second For JHF

Future first for Rankine + Future second

Use pick 25* and use other later picks from trade deals with Crouch and Sholl to move up to a mud teens pick.
Future first is more than enough for Rankine. I would say it's overs actually unless we finish top 4 next year.

Bit of speculation on the north board he was dropped because he did not want to play in the position he was told to. That is huge red flags if so

Edit..I suppose I would understand if they told him..Be Fogarty's Stepladder this week;)

Was just going to post the same thing. The guy who posted it is well connected.
I guess we could speculate ad infinitum on it but it could be his way of trying to force things if he does really not want to be there. Just throws up some warning signs though as he will cost an arm and a leg if it did come to a trade and if there were problems like that, it might be a case or ruing what was paid

On the flipside, if he really did want out and wanted to be back here in SA and we could get him, he might be totally settled and become a superstar of the comp...

The north board keep mentioning rachelle/ thilthorpe and our first. Man I know they're salty but stop being delusional. You aren't getting either of those players. They wouldn't even wanna go to your dumpster fire of a club.

Bit of speculation on the north board he was dropped because he did not want to play in the position he was told to. That is huge red flags if so
Lowering his price

Good thinking, Jase

However, I don't think this and next year's 1st will get it done. We will have to get creative with trading Crouch/Sholl/Himmel/Rowe etc or give up a best 22 player:

Untouchables
  • RUCK/FWD: FOG/TT/Rachelle
  • DEF: Dawson
50/50
  • Walker

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy
  • RUCK/FWD: McHenry/McAdam/Milera
  • DEF: Doedee/Murray/Parnell/Smith/Butts/Hinge
Fixed it for ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Untouchables
50/50

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

Will likely miss out on Philippou, but hopefully Reidy can get creative with the Sholl/Crouch/Berg picks.

This. If we do happen to land Rankine and JHF then we are on the up and up.

I might be on the wrong track here but has the axing of Crouch sent a message that we are looking to the future? The transfer from the old guard to the new guard is underway.

Fixed it for ya.
Snap. I was just writing this:

The players that I wouldn’t trade to land Rankine and JHF (and assuming that our 2022 and 2023 firsts are part of the deals already, as well as pick 22 gone too):
  • Rachele
  • Berry
  • Thilthorpe
  • Dawson
  • Fogarty
  • Soligo

Everyone else is in the table noting most of the remainder isn’t worth a lot.

Only difference is that I’d put Laird on the table too given his age.

Having said that, I don’t think we want to be pushing players out the door given the culture we’re trying to build again.

Untouchables
50/50

Tradeable
  • ROB / Murphy

What about McAdam?

Could be worth West Coast second, he played unreal and is better in the team, but we need good collateral.

I'd say freo's first but they will be looking at Jackson hard, probably the greater need for McAdam

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

How does more than a handful of players on a 16th placed list get called untouchable.

I'd trade anyone in our midfield for JHF. Which hurts because I love Berry

How does more than a handful of players on a 16th placed list get called untouchable.

I'd trade anyone in our midfield for JHF. Which hurts because I love Berry
You can put any name you want up, but fact is you need to convince the player to go to the Roo's. I recon that is a bigger task than agreeing on any trade. The only one's I can see making the move would be Crouch and Sholl.

You can put any name you want up, but fact is you need to convince the player to go to the Roo's. I recon that is a bigger task than agreeing on any trade. The only one's I can see making the move would be Crouch and Sholl.
I dont think players have as much of a high school mentality as that. North have money, and they're Victorian. No player is an outright no just because it's north.

Back