Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Sam McLure said last month that Rankine was staying at the Suns, so Robbo’s statement doesn’t mean much.
theres a massive difference between a contracted player and an uncontracted one though..

Robbo might have been told straight from North that no matter what happens there is absolutely no way in hell they will even consider trading him this year.

Sam McLure said last month that Rankine was staying at the Suns, so Robbo’s statement doesn’t mean much.
Lol, Manure kiss of death yet again.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
The north board keep mentioning rachelle/ thilthorpe and our first. Man I know they're salty but stop being delusional. You aren't getting either of those players. They wouldn't even wanna go to your dumpster fire of a club.
At this stage JHF is worth a top 10 pick and this will only worsen if he keeps being dropped.

Last edited:
Dawson chose us

We had attracted Rahilly, Burns and (had all but signed) Burgess by that point.

Whilst we weren't winning, there is more evidence we were getting our s**t sorted off field then not. North on the otherhand... yeah, not much there at the moment.

“It’s always difficult to know what is right and what is beaten up – particularly when a player has told a club he is not coming – so it’s all hard to know but all I can say is Izak Rankine is going to stay at the Gold Coast Suns"

Sam McClure 6 July 2022

It does, because North have final say, and they really can't afford to trade JHF in most scenarios. After all, it makes a season from hell much worse.

robboaustralia

Premiership Player
Jul 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool, San Antonio Spurs
Ok crazy trade time.....

Sholl, Gollant and 2022 first rounder for Horne Francis and third rounder

Both Sholl and Gollant are mates from early days and have family connections with North Melbourne. Both are also Vic Metro.

Both have been left in the two's for a while now

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Don't know about you but "failing to complete his proper ice bath recovery in front of his coach and senior teammates" is some weird arse wording.

You normally do that in front of your coach and teammates???
Apparently he put in some bubble bath and made himself a beard and hat

Was telling team mates to address him as "Captain Bubblebeard"

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The relationship between JHF and North has to be fractured if ''leaking'' stories about not taking ice baths is how North want to approach this

The problem is understanding what is being conflated to be bigger than it is - or does it show underlying issues with JHF and is this workable?

Truck25

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
I heard ;), JHF met with Ken and was so impressed that he said that if Ken is still coaching Powa in 2024 he will definitely go to the powa ;);)

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Whilst the media circus and speculation surrounds JHF, I'd be making some serious enquiries about Tarryn Thomas.

I'd love to get JHF, but dont think it will actually happen this year. I'm the mean time I think Thomas is someone we've admired and is definitely a need and could be gettable given the focus of the club is the coaching situation and JHF.

Back