Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomer puts out a pretty top notch interview, and of course the AFL latch onto the "won't be held to ransom" line and make it sound like Jason's tried to hold a knife to Patch's throat :tearsofjoy: This industry. Seriously.

Apr 24, 2011
Greek Islands
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Slowly running out of excuses. There is a noticeable pattern developing with JHF. Even at current day North there is a pecking order and you still need to earn your stripes and build respect. He's going the wrong way about it. Hopefully Clarko can sort him and TT out. You're not messing with him that's for sure.

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm not sure why a kid getting dropped in his first year is so newsworthy or why it invokes such strong reactions on this Board, most of them negative.

It's clearly a Monday to Friday issue. If it was pure form, there'd be a few others tumbling out with him.

I cannot recall a first year player at this Club placed under more scrutiny and yet in terms of impact within games he's miles ahead of most young players I've seen at the Club.

So to say his year has been very disappointing is bordering on hysterical tbh.

If he's petulant or strong willed - so what. He ain't a robot and in the end it's a good test for player and Club.

Bring it on

Saved me the effort, thanks MA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apr 3, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
For those new to BF, those that are thinking the sky is falling are the same posters that at end of LDU’s first season, said we got that wrong too.

And for those that don’t realise JHF is a talent and worth putting some effort into coaching and developing, go to footywire and compare his stats to any other North player in their debut year.

His stats are double what LDU was getting

Show a little faith guys, going to the draft takes time and patience.

Roos explain No. 1 pick’s shock axing as Port circles​

Jon Ralph

North Melbourne admits there is a “risk” in dropping No. 1 pick Jason Horne-Francis given the go-home factor and strong Port Adelaide interest in the former South Australian.

The Roos have demoted Horne-Francis to the VFL with development coach Brent Harvey saying on Friday he needed to get his Monday-to-Friday routine to a higher standard.

He said the decision to drop him was a combination of factors including his form, his adherence to structures on game-day and the heightened professionalism demanded by caretaker Leigh Adams.

Harvey told RSN Radio Horne-Francis was a competitive “beast” on field who was still developing elite habits, with the Roos aware of the speculation around dropping him.

“The risk is there, we know the risk, everyone knows the risk,” Harvey said.

“If you draft and they are from Adelaide or Perth the go-home factor will always be there. “But you can’t get held to ransom for these little things. You have to make sure your culture is No. 1 and that is what our coach is doing and I absolutely love it.”

Horne-Francis is contracted for next year after the Roos knocked back significant draft offers to secure him including Adelaide’s pick 4 and two future first-rounders for pick 1 and a future second-round pick.

Port Adelaide has made regular inquiries to Horne-Francis’ management about his future but at this stage he is keen to honour his 2023 contract.

They have received no inclination that position will change ahead of the trade period, despite the obvious link with his stepfather Fabian Francis a former Port Adelaide player.

The Roos are hopeful Alastair Clarkson might accept their offer of coaching the club as early as next week, and he would surely knock back any offer for the No. 1 draft pick.

But Horne-Francis, who put contract talks on hold earlier this year, has not settled as much as the club might have hoped amid a turbulent first season.
Harvey said the club had to be faithful to selection integrity as it taught Horne-Francis elite habits.

“There is some stuff we call Monday to Friday. It’s preparation stuff where you need to tick the boxes. This is not just about Jason, this is about everyone at a football club

Leigh Adams has very good standards and I have to be a little careful but we have got players not in our team and I will name one in Kayne Turner who would run through brick walls for every single one of his teammates and supporters and he does everything right.

“You would want to be doing everything right to make sure you‘re holding up your end of the bargain. We call that Monday to Friday. And if you haven’t got your Monday to Friday in order, that’s not good enough right now.

“Was it good enough in rounds 3-5. Maybe, but with Leigh Adams in charge the standards have gone to another level and players have to play their part. So Monday to Friday is just as important as performing on game day for us.”

What another whack for Noble! Patch has higher standards?

I tell ya, don’t * with Patch. I think I’ve mentioned before that my wife worked with one of his part time assistants at Coburg. He doesn’t take any s**t.
I admire Patch for wanting to set standards. I remember posting about this back in 2010-11, I was filling up fuel at the Shell on Smithfield Road in Kensington around 4:30 in the afternoon and it was a few days before we were due to play West Coast. Who else did I see except for our current coach walk out of the servo with a Kit Kat in one hand and biting into a vanilla drumstick. Guess standards apply now but Patch was once where JHF was. Interesting.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
For those new to BF, those that are thinking the sky is falling are the same posters that at end of LDU’s first season, said we got that wrong too.

And for those that don’t realise JHF is a talent and worth putting some effort into coaching and developing, go to footywire and compare his stats to any other North player in their debut year.

Can add Cunners to that list too Diceman.

SnowyontheTram

Senior List
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I admire Patch for wanting to set standards. I remember posting about this back in 2010-11, I was filling up fuel at the Shell on Smithfield Road in Kensington around 4:30 in the afternoon and it was a few days before we were due to play West Coast. Who else did I see except for our current coach walk out of the servo with a Kit Kat in one hand and

Had Patch skipped his recovery prior to purchasing said confectionary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nylex

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

You talk sense… please keep posting

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
so the hornet never took his bath,

1 week suspension stright out of the coaching textbook chapter 5

1660343285287.jpeg

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I admire Patch for wanting to set standards. I remember posting about this back in 2010-11, I was filling up fuel at the Shell on Smithfield Road in Kensington around 4:30 in the afternoon and it was a few days before we were due to play West Coast. Who else did I see except for our current coach walk out of the servo with a Kit Kat in one hand and biting into a vanilla drumstick. Guess standards apply now but Patch was once where JHF was. Interesting.
i heard he once ordered a pizza with double cheese as well.

HYPOCRITE!

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
In 1995 you likely would have seen Clarkson staggering out of The Tunnel on a Sunday morning.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In 1995 you likely would have seen Clarkson staggering out of The Tunnel on a Sunday morning.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
i would have however i occasionally departed from said venue via that little doorway into the uniacke ct at the bottom of the upstair staircase, bless those friendly doorman that would assist me in the process.

:sternlook

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s easier to say he was dropped for missing ice baths etc than saying he was dropped because he looks like he doesn’t give a s**t
And you can * right off.

Mods, do we need these ******* outsiders coming on here and bagging our players and saying they don't give a s**t about our club? That's our job.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And you can * right off.

Mods, do we need these ******* outsiders coming on here and bagging our players and saying they don't give a s**t about our club? That's our job.
Hey buddy chill I’m a north supporter my daughter signed me up years ago when we lived on the Gold Coast to be honest don’t know how to change it I’ve barracked for north all my life settle down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back