Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm saying super makes people less worried about what is happening to
Pensioners, because they either think it won't happen to them or that people on a pension deserve it like people on the dole.

Lot of demonizing of welfare for the past 40 years
I was brought up to expect that by the time I was 65 that the aged pension would be goneski.

I was brought up to expect that by the time I was 65 that the aged pension would be goneski.

My parents instilled in me that Superannuation is something that you have absolutely no gurantee you will recieve, so make sure that you're not relying on that for anyhting.

Exactly the plan.
Don't rely on us, use your forced savings, sorry if you didn't earn enough to live.

Fully neoliberal economic policy.

End state capitalism, if you didn't make enough while working to survive until you die that's your problem. Oh and most of the value goes to rich people because * you

Hence my issue with super

they take a % of your income and other people profit off it for years and you get taxed on what is left at the end

it impacts wages, it impacts what you can afford now

its s**t neoliberal policy that helps siphon millions every year into the pockets of companies and people that leech from that system

it impacts our housing affordability and so many other things

the whole well if people were allowed to control their own money they'd just spend it argument ignores the fact that its their right to spend their own money
So you basically want people to be dependent on the government teet for the rest of their lives. Lol

Superannuation typically has strong returns over any long period of time so you're making returns for yourself rather than letting others profit off it.

Social welfare is an entitlement not a right. It's a safety net for those who need it, not an excuse to spend your money on big screen tvs and holidays, and run through your funds so the taxpayer can prop you up for 20 plus years after retirement.

Forced investing is a good thing for people who are s**t with their money. Unfortunately those of us who know how to save and invest have to play the game along with them, but I think its worth it. Most SRP posters were happy to go along with restrictions during covid because "people can't be trusted". Clearly people can't be trusted with their own money either, so this forces them to be wise with a small portion of it.

Why is it that many on the left seem to think there's an endless supply of government funds to pay for their every want?

Just gave Matthew Guy a smackdown on FB over his BS about Labor cutting $2 billion from the health budget, when Labor's own budget papers show all the cuts to funding are from Covid-related expenditure, and that Labor are actually increasing funding for everything else in the 2022/23 Financial year....

View attachment 1473402

It was a standard Labor applied to the previous government in relation to funding fire services (a one time injection of funding mid-term that didn't continue). Federal Labor applied an even more ridiculous yardstick - proposed funding in future years post the year of that particular budget that wasn't continued by a new government called a "cut".

It was a standard Labor applied to the previous government in relation to funding fire services (a one time injection of funding mid-term that didn't continue). Federal Labor applied an even more ridiculous yardstick - proposed funding in future years post the year of that particular budget that wasn't continued by a new government called a "cut".
Stupid then doesn't excuse stupid now. Just like corrupt then doesn't excuse corrupt now.

Jesus dude grow up. It is not 'the left' which is salivating at the idea of rolling back compulsory super.

On SM-G955U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is however a very left wing poster here who is taking an anti super position- appears to be based in reasonable concern about how much sticks to those who “manage” super

As opposed to the right wing freedumbers who demand the right to “control their own money” then rock up seeking government pensions. Libertarians- always about what they get given not what they should contribute. Parasites.

now grales! u were the 1 who claimed labor was anti union.

who was it that ensured the ambos got their pay rise? which state is near top of the pops 4 teacher pay? which gov’t as 1 of the 1st acts defunded that union bashing outfit led by that union basher mcburney?

labor is for unionised labor, neoliberals are not.

labor is opposed to power and wealth being concentrated within transnational corporations and elite groups and is doing something about it, neoliberals are not.

labor does not believe in unfettered individual entrepreneurial freedom and an unfettered free market, neoliberals do.

labor does not believe in the role of the state being eliminated, neoliberals do.

labor does not believe in there being no necessity for intervention in markets. for neoliberals, intervention is a word not in their lexicon.

labor does not believe in laissez-faire economics, and the ultimate abolishment of all government, neoliberals do.

labor does not believe in trickle-down economics or radical deregulation, privatisation, and radical tax cuts, neoliberals do.

labor does not believe in a form of economic natural selection whereby the strong survive and the others can please themselves, neoliberals do.

i do get u r a 'green' and only 2 ready 2 swallow the brandt hardline shoutyness designed 2 get column inches. and i say that as someone who supports much of what they r about just not holus-bolus.
Labor have been neoliberal since Keating, if not late Hawke. Go and take a good, hard look at the states and tell me that the Labor party hasn't instituted neoliberal policies, or at least post-neoliberal policies.

Lot of demonizing of welfare for the past 40 years

Yes, and it's a disgrace. Not everyone on welware, in fact the vast majority I would say, are "dole bludgers".

Have some ******* compassion FFS (not aimed at you :) ) people.

i said they broke union power, which they did, with the help of the people running the unions
i also said they were anti worker, which they are
union membership has never recovered from what Hawke and Keating did
The union power within the ALP are unions like the Shoppies who most certainly aren't there for the benefit of their members

you get that all ALP branches are part of the system yeah? They're all capitalists and we're in late stage capitalism where neoliberalism is the name of the game

our health systems are seriously underfunded including pay for staff, same with our education sector, in Vic Labor has been in power for 19 out of the past 23 years

haha no
haven't seen any Labor solidarity with striking workers this year, have you?

no?

In fact Albo said they shouldn't be striking in NSW

Just because the ALP get funding from Unions doesn't mean they aren't neoliberals, you think most of the Unions in Australia haven't been compromised?

the main difference between the ALP and the Coalition is who gets to accumulate the wealth, there is a lot of overlap but some differences, but that doesn't mean Labor aren't neoliberals, again a nothing argument

funny how they consistently vote with the coalition on these sorts of things then isn't it

no neoliberals believe the state is a great tool for furthering their agenda which is why so many of them end up in government or donate to all major parties

again, neoliberals intervene all the time, they lobby government to intervene all the time, what we have seen over the last few decades is how well they lobby governments

haha again no

really, because Keating started privatization nationally, Andrews loves it in Vic, ALP voted for and are continuing with the stage 3 tax cuts

again no they don't neoliberals say let the market regulate, let the market decide, but only after they've fixed the game, and if the game turns they get Governments to change the rules

Brandt can get *ed, he's a capitalist sell out as well, he's just more interested in rolling back to a more sustainable version of capitalism than what we have now, he doesn't want to break the cycle
ah grales, you're 1 mixed up dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Labor have been neoliberal since Keating, if not late Hawke. Go and take a good, hard look at the states and tell me that the Labor party hasn't instituted neoliberal policies, or at least post-neoliberal policies.
perhaps it's just you don't grasp the extreme tenets of neoliberalism.

perhaps it's just you don't grasp the extreme tenets of neoliberalism.

Now, you're being rude.

Go through my posting history on this board and take a good, hard look before you want to attempt what you think you're doing here.

Super and people's attitudes towards those who don't have it give them the excuse

Given the choice between living off my super or the aged pension I know which I’d choose.

With an ageing population it is right that the taxpayer burden should be reduced.

Exactly the plan.
Don't rely on us, use your forced savings, sorry if you didn't earn enough to live.

Fully neoliberal economic policy.

End state capitalism, if you didn't make enough while working to survive until you die that's your problem. Oh and most of the value goes to rich people because * you

Hence my issue with super

You do realise there can be a middle ground here?

I’m absolutely in favour of social welfare. For those who need it.

Super does and should reduce that burden though and of course it should be compulsory for those in gainful employment. Your argument that it stifles wage growth is a lazy one. Compulsory super has been around for over 30 years now and Australia remains one of the highest paid countries in the world.

You do realise there can be a middle ground here?

I’m absolutely in favour of social welfare. For those who need it.

Super does and should reduce that burden though and of course it should be compulsory for those in gainful employment. Your argument that it stifles wage growth is a lazy one. Compulsory super has been around for over 30 years now and Australia remains one of the highest paid countries in the world.
No it's an accurate one, the instars in compulsory super have all gone at the expense of wages

No it's an accurate one, the instars in compulsory super have all gone at the expense of wages

That is blatantly incorrect mate.

Up until the last few years we had astonishing wage growth in this country, almost at record levels. And well after super was implemented.

That is blatantly incorrect mate.

Up until the last few years we had astonishing wage growth in this country, almost at record levels. And well after super was implemented.
Lol no.
When super came in they said it would impact wage growth. They pretend it doesn't now but it always has.

It's a percentage of your salary, they have to include the increase in super contributions when increasing wages, they have to allow for super rate increases as well.

If you think companies who do everything to maximise profits and minimise costs are going to ignore Super when calculating wages you're kidding yourself.

Given the choice between living off my super or the aged pension I know which I’d choose.

With an ageing population it is right that the taxpayer burden should be reduced.
I'm amazed at how many people think that the pension is some retirement fund instead of a safety net.

Personally I'm happy having money in super because CBUS' performance is good but I'd be fine looking after it myself instead. Problem is a massive % of the population are incapable of putting anything away and managing it for the future.

Lol no.
When super came in they said it would impact wage growth. They pretend it doesn't now but it always has.

It's a percentage of your salary, they have to include the increase in super contributions when increasing wages, they have to allow for super rate increases as well.

If you think companies who do everything to maximise profits and minimise costs are going to ignore Super when calculating wages you're kidding yourself.
This is true. And it was deliberate to control inflationary pressures at the time.

For all the negative of compulsory savings I think the positives far outweigh them.

My only concern if this legislation is still controversial heaven help us getting through any other reforms we desperately need.

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back