Review Dogs scrape home against Oranges 62-57

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to sack our entire ******* coaching staff, they clearly can't motivate the players and the three tactics that we use (5 metres out, defending space instead of the man, corralling the ball carrier instead of putting body pressure) are clearly not ******* working.

I mean, this x 1000. It’s ludicrous we had to hang on, any half decent team would’ve put 100+ on that GWS team for a ten goal win without breaking sweat.

I have no idea what this team practises at training, because it sure as hell isn’t tackling, kicking or decision making under pressure. Probably two hours of handball chains.

Now percentage is a live concern too, even if we scrape home against the hawks. * this team for making me cheer for Melbourne to win handsomely tonight!

I know the eighth placed team is often cannon-fodder, but this year the fifth placed team will be licking their lips at the prospect - whether it’s us Bradburying in or Carlton falling over the line.

At least Darcy looks like a gun. I’d probably give him coaches votes for that, not sure who else you’d give them to.

JUH looks more dangerous than Naughton at the moment.

I liked the fact Cordy cleaned some campaigner up. But I enjoyed Westy on Hopper even more.

Westy’s hands were superb.

Does anyone else reckon that because the commentators thought that Naughton’s goal hit the post that the AFL then decided to look at a replay that was not conclusive and overuled it purely on the commentators opinion, so 2022 - f**k you Gil.

Naughton got absolutely * all from the umpires out there, they just refused to pay any 50-50 mark or when it spilled out when he hit the ground.

Such an unconvincing win. Our defensive tactics are a genuine disaster. Our attacking tactics are also lackluster, too many times we look to do something cute instead of doing the basics.

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

Caleb Daniel has had a major regression. Dale has gone past him and our best back 6 has Duryea in for Daniel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another tactically inept game which started with the mind boggling decision to play Martin who has no right being anywhere near an afl field this year and the absolute refusal to adjust the retreating defence whenever the opposition gains possession in their defensive 50. My best guess is the sides setting up to stop a team handball if their way through but sides in the second half of the year have realised if you kick the ball option will always open up due to the bulldogs doing nothing guarding grass.

Richards was great again, he along with Smith were the only players who had some urgency with the ball even though Smith still can’t kick inside 50.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very ugly win.

Could have slept through the first 2 and a half quarters there was no energy, skills were terrible and it was just a flat game.

Not much to take out of it really most notable things would be:

Martin is cooked and offers nothing

Daniel continues to try to execute the best kick the AFL has seen under pressure and stuffs it up.

Darcy keeps showing some brilliant signs this early in his career.

VDM and McNeil should never have kept their spots over Garcia.

Richards continues to have a brilliant year

Would I be safe in saying that was Stef Martin's last game? Pretty invisible.

I thought the same after the last time he played and was just awful

The Martin selection was a pisstake. Play's well as a ruck in VFL level but then playing AFL as back up/utility. Genuinely had no idea what role he had out there.

His role was to make Bruce’s last three weeks look serviceable

What time is the replay on Fox? Can't wait to rewatch this classic
Perhaps I'll watch a repeat for penance during Lent next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back