Review Dogs scrape home against Oranges 62-57

Did we play a handball happy second half?

Did this result in lots of turnovers?

Did we do anything at all to counter GWS's first half of keepings off?

How'd the tandem ruck work in the second half?

Did the midfield lift their rating in the second half?

Should I watch the 2nd half now?

Do we look like a side that is about to get on a 2016esque roll?

Last edited:

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Confused Thinking GIF by G2 Esports

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Either we're foxing and playing like busteds before doing a 2016 in the finals or we're just really s*, coached poorly, our tactics are up the wazoo. Gee, I wonder 🤔 I look back to the Prelim last year and cry. Attractive footy v absolute horse s*

Last edited:
VDM and Martin played today. Exactly how does Bevo put together the bullshit to explain that? Both were non entities on the park, 15 disposals between the both of them, 4 HO to Martin.

The Buck

All Australian
Sep 23, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ed Richards and big Sam shining lights on a dismal day.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s just sad though, this team always made mistakes but we had an identity about us - we never lost contested ball, we were hard at the man hard at the ball.

What on earth are we trying to do rn, it’s just beyond belief - this team is nothing, there was nothing positive about the way we played today, genuinely sickening

Naughton got absolutely * all from the umpires out there, they just refused to pay any 50-50 mark or when it spilled out when he hit the ground.
He also looks very tired. As do a lot of our good players because they have to double their workload due to some of these other blokes.

Reakon Dunks is gone. No acknowledgement to supporters going up the race after the game like others.

On SM-A505YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 4, 2004
Essendon
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
MAN U/BROOKLYN NETS
It’s just sad though, this team always made mistakes but we had an identity about us - we never lost contested ball, we were hard at the man hard at the ball.

What on earth are we trying to do rn, it’s just beyond belief - this team is nothing, there was nothing positive about the way we played today, genuinely sickening

Positives we didn’t lose to the garbage club

Richards

And JUH showed the only thing that will hold him back is our dysfunctional forward line and lack of cohesion

4Seasons

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You’ve got no idea my man 😂
Lol..check the score.
Sport is a contest where one team wins via a scoring system, and using the same system one losers.

People who think they win by saying the same things over and over and over again, then claiming “consensus” may have a greater idea than me, but they never seem to put their great minds to use,

Talk will always be talk, action will always be action. I can’t believe someone is actually unhappy a supporter is celebrating a win,
Funny times we are living in I guess.

Jan 18, 2011
North Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really showed where we are at this year. Of course I want us to win and play finals but we barely beat a team that with injuries is bottom four and we never looked like a team playing like it was desperate to win.

Bont lifted and was the difference. Cordy lifted in the last quarter. Ed BOG, Bailey Dale also played really well. Jamarra looked really good and should have had four. Dunkley silent assassin-don’t know how well he played till you see the stats.

Keath is a better player but Gardner did a decent job on Hogan.

Interesting Bont giving Smith a spray after a goal to us.

Playing Martin, McNeil and VDM above Bruce/Schache, Duryea, García, McLean , JJ and Khamis is a mystery????

I get that McNeil and VDM show gut running and courage - and I think both could end up being good players for us - I just believe that you play your best players:

- Bruce is way better than Martin and if Injured you can’t carry a player so you play Schache. English hardly played forward so not sure the strategy made any sense.

- Duryea going back means you get a genuine defender and also move Daniel to the wing where he would be much better.

- JJ, McLean are both proven top 22 players that are a bit out of form/injury - they will lift in a finals like atmosphere and I can not believe they would not add something.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Another good game from Darcy.
15 disposals, 7 marks (1 huge contested mark), 7 intercept possessions.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He’ll be very good. If he stays in defence it’ll be a steep learning curve, likely with some set backs, but that agility and marking ability is great to see.

Back