Autopsy Ran outta soldiers v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez your a sourpuss. We literally were 3 blokes down the entire last quarter

Yeah some of us want to win, people like you always look for excuses but fact is we would have lost anyway. (proven in prior games)

You're the type who'd still want Noble as coach as "trying hard" is good enough - it isn't and luckily we have smarter people in charge who aren't making excuses and like me want the team to get better.

When Cunners sets the midfield we look much better.
Could have won that game, misses some easy shots in the second qtr.
Eventually ran out of players and petrol.

Was an OK team effort, with maybe 3-4 not bringing enough.

We don’t cop those injuries- we win
Great to see cunners back out there
LDU- Wowee was he on skates , he looked like he was going two to everyone’s one out there
Jy was good early
Inside 50s were pathetic
Laz any chance you can stop fumbling and stay upright
Hall you play like you haven’t got a care in the world - occasionally play the percentages
McKay good again
Scott never stopped running and linking
Corr any chance you can man up - from what I see he lets his man jog up field and zones back. He’s an idea don’t zone off in the ducking 50 idiot.
Curtis is going to be a gun - will match Rachelle over his career.
Arch and Dawson did well
That second quarter was an eye into the future
Good times are coming under clarko

Overall I was pleased with the effort and energy of the team. A few brain fades, injuries and our underlying fitness problems meant the Crows got a win by a flattering margin. Good signs in my view. LDU is a gun. Welcome back Cunners!

Obviously having basically no rotation options in the last quarter didn't help matters, but the scoreline after half-time was 8.6 to 2.5, can't put all that on injuries and late-game fatigue only. We failed to fully capitalise on our clearance dominance, got off to a poor start and were loose defensively, and then lacked the tools to find alternative approaches once our single source of dominance in the middle dried up and was neutralised. So, as encouraging as it was to see just how good a clearance team we can be when LDU puts together an insane first half like that, and as nice as it is to be actually competitive on the scoreboard and not lose 100-50 week-in week-out, I don't think today's game gives any real new grounds for encouragement going forward: we've done okay in the clearances all year, certainly compared to every other facet of our game, and the same issues - lack of forward line coherence, too easily burnt on transition, having to work much harder than our opponents for the same scoreboard reward - were still very much in force today too.

Great simply seeing Cunnington back out there for us, though.

Looked great before we ran out of petrol, and we didn't have the following guys who will be massive contributors to this clubs success moving forward:

JHF, TT, Comben, Phillips

I love what both Goater and Perez will bring in due time too, and McGuinness has shown plenty this year too.

Chuck in another high-end 1st round pick at this year's draft and the future is extremely bright with Clarko at the helm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is CCJ the slowest player that has ever put on our beautiful royal blue and white guernsey?

He literally moves like a statue - not writing him off, but gee whiz he is the complete opposite of the modern day footballer.

Going by the stats we put in today it’s the turnover issue that hurts us
That’s been one of our issues this year but didn’t make the top 3 today.We had as many turnovers as Adelaide.

We waste the ball going into 50, don’t do much with it when it’s in there, and can’t run out a game.

Yeah some of us want to win, people like you always look for excuses but fact is we would have lost anyway. (proven in prior games)

You're the type who'd still want Noble as coach as "trying hard" is good enough - it isn't and luckily we have smarter people in charge who aren't making excuses and like me want the team to get better.
Fair. I went the man first. I didn’t realise I was commenting on someone ‘special’ apologies.

Great to see Ben Cunnington back and how good is LDU? all the best for next week and 2023

Banged up in the end. Better effort all round though
In: Tarryn, JHF, Charlie's
I thought the effort was okay, and Luke Davies-Uniacke is going to be a champion. But he's never going to realise his potential until we alter the s**t he has around him. Also, I'm still struggling to work out the system. Adelaide actually aren't that good. We've got to get some decent ball users, and some players with confidence otherwise we're just pissing in the wind.

Is CCJ the slowest player that has ever put on our beautiful royal blue and white guernsey?

He literally moves like a statue - not writing him off, but gee whiz he is the complete opposite of the modern day footballer.
Still reckon he is a ruckman with small stints forward. We certainly miss having a mobile chf it hurts us big time

Looked great before we ran out of petrol, and we didn't have the following guys who will be massive contributors to this clubs success moving forward:

JHF, TT, Comben, Phillips

I love what both Goater and Perez will bring in due time too, and McGuinness has shown plenty this year too.

Chuck in another high-end 1st round pick at this year's draft and the future is extremely bright with Clarko at the helm.
Spot on as always mate. Some added fitness, strength and forward systems with Clarko and the effort can finally be rewarded.

We were dominating up until we started to lose players

Dominating and what was our highest margin?

No I think this is a pattern of results that we get extremely little "reward for effort" compared to tiher teams.

We dominate for periods and kick a goal, the opposition dominate for the same period and kick 5 goals.

It really is a pattern and it needs to stop asap.

Enough is enough on us being the better team for periods and then getting blown away in 5 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back