Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Dogs v Giants Sat August 13th 1:45pm EST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GWS by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • GWS by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • GWS by a lot

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So? Worsfold and Choco Williams have that to their name too. Sometimes teams fluke it (which the bulldogs clearly did), and sometimes it's moreso the list management than the coaches.

Beveridge is such a garbage coach lol.
Bevo and the bulldogs have had a poor year no doubt.
However he's the most successful coach in the bulldogs history by a country mile. Even without the two grand finals to have a win rate of 57% and make finals more often than not in a minnow team with the disadvantages that come with that is brilliant.
Choco who lead his team to 3 consecutive top of the ladder finishes as well as winning a flag? Not the worst comparison.

The Bulldogs would have to be the least deserving side to ever play finals if they make it.

They are a genuine garbage team. GWS were horrible today, no Toby Greene, and the Dogs barely got it done.

Beveridge has got to be the worst coach in the AFL.
Didn’t your team lose to a 9th placed mob in 2013? Reckon they would’ve been les deserving..

Bevo and the bulldogs have had a poor year no doubt.
However he's the most successful coach in the bulldogs history by a country mile. Even without the two grand finals to have a win rate of 57% and make finals more often than not in a minnow team with the disadvantages that come with that is brilliant.
Choco who lead his team to 3 consecutive top of the ladder finishes as well as winning a flag? Not the worst comparison.
The bolded part is just you coping on his behalf.

The Bulldogs recruiting team brought in one of the strongest cores of players your club has ever had: Macrae, Bontempelli, Treloar, Dunkley, Dale, Naughton, Richards, etc. This is the first and most essential building block of engineering sustained success.

The problem is, you have a genuine clown of a coach, who instead of building upon that great core with the right players, insists on playing his favorite little battlers: Vandermeer, McNeil, Roarke Smith on several occasions, McComb, Anthony Scott, Hannan and more. And remember that time he overruled your club's recruiting manager to pick up Billy Gowers? Just lol.

The bolded part is just you coping on his behalf.

The Bulldogs recruiting team brought in one of the strongest cores of players your club has ever had: Macrae, Bontempelli, Treloar, Dunkley, Dale, Naughton, Richards, etc. This is the first and most essential building block of engineering sustained success.

The problem is, you have a genuine clown of a coach, who instead of building upon that great core with the right players, insists on playing his favorite little battlers: Vandermeer, McNeil, Roarke Smith on several occasions, McComb, Anthony Scott, Hannan and more. And remember that time he overruled your club's recruiting manager to pick up Billy Gowers? Just lol.
There's a reason that his win rate and finals strike rate is leagues clear of any in our history.

He was a part of building the squad so it's not really fair to take that completely away from him. As I said he's had a poor year, but that doesn't suddenly make a two time AFLCA Coach of the year a clown.

Gowers led our goalkicking and missed as many as he kicked, he just fell off hard the next season. Had enough talent just couldn't put it together.

There were two howlers in the final few minutes. One clear GWS mark not paid. And that handball in the forward pocket that was paid deliberate.
How can you call that a rubbish deliberate? Kelly was under pressure but he ran straight to the boundary without passing go or collecting $200 after taking possession, clear as day under the new current interpretation

How can you call that a rubbish deliberate? Kelly was under pressure but he ran straight to the boundary without passing go or collecting $200 after taking possession, clear as day under the new current interpretation
Come on man, that was the worst decision I've seen in years.

That was a dead set howler.

So was the JUH mark that was paid, the Dunkley non-deliberate (given the Kelly one) and the usual dodgy Too High to Liberatore.

All in the final couple of minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So was the JUH mark that was paid, the Dunkley non-deliberate (given the Kelly one) and the usual dodgy Too High to Liberatore.

Lol. Saints. Max king.

Lol.

He literally had to sprint 10 metres to get to the boundary when he had a few seconds to kick it down the line, gave the umpire no choice but to pay the free kick.

There were two howlers in the final few minutes. One clear GWS mark not paid. And that handball in the forward pocket that was paid deliberate.
Yeah that deliberate was a shocking call..and yet the dogs players just waited to get tackled and stepped over the line. Meanwhile english takes the ball out of the ruck gets tackles spins around and drops the ball cold..play on calls the ump

You know he's a left footer right?
So based on the current interpretation he chose to sprint 10 metres toward the boundary to try to get a good left foot angle rather than using his opposite, switching inboard, handballing etc. And keeping the ball in play? What do you expect the umpire to do?

So based on the current interpretation he chose to sprint 10 metres toward the boundary to try to get a good left foot angle rather than using his opposite, switching inboard, handballing etc. And keeping the ball in play? What do you expect the umpire to do?
I expect the umpire to call it for what it was. A player trying to get clear to kick, being forced toward the boundary because he's incredibly one sided, then making an error with the handball to keep it in play.

It was the closest thing to a blatantly incorrect decision as I've ever seen in my entire life.

I expect the umpire to call it for what it was. A player trying to get clear to kick, being forced toward the boundary because he's incredibly one sided, then making an error with the handball to keep it in play.

It was the closest thing to a blatantly incorrect decision as I've ever seen in my entire life.
Josh Kelly was drafted as a two sided player and has talked up his ability to kick with both feet himself. Also expecting the umpire to know whether he doesn't want to kick on the right is utterly ridiculous. The way he made a beeline to the boundary really made it look like he didn't care about keeping the ball in play, hence the insufficient intent.

Josh Kelly was drafted as a two sided player and has talked up his ability to kick with both feet himself. Also expecting the umpire to know whether he doesn't want to kick on the right is utterly ridiculous. The way he made a beeline to the boundary really made it look like he didn't care about keeping the ball in play, hence the insufficient intent.
So why did the Bulldogs have a clear strategy to corral him to his right?

Yeah that deliberate was a shocking call..and yet the dogs players just waited to get tackled and stepped over the line. Meanwhile english takes the ball out of the ruck gets tackles spins around and drops the ball cold..play on calls the ump

Vested interest in a Dogs loss, no emphasis placed on your comments.

Back