Review Good/Bad vs North Melbourne, R22 2022

Who played well against North Melbourne?

• Sam Berry

• Jordan Dawson

• Ben Davis (sub)

• Jordon Butts

• Tom Doedee

• Darcy Fogarty

• Mitch Hinge

• Chayce Jones

• Ben Keays

• Rory Laird

• Shane McAdam

• Ned McHenry

• Lachlan Murphy

• Nick Murray

• Reilly O'Brien

• Patrick Parnell

• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

• Josh Worrell

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Schoenberg now the player who has a disappointing game in general, and an atrocious one "when it counts". But he scores a spectacular goal near the end so all is forgiven?
+
Yep. Developing player who's struggling a bit but ends up helping us win
Reminds me of the golf I used to play in my 20s.
I'd hack and zig-zag my way around the course for 17 holes, then par the last and walk off feeling good.

Anyone with a second effort, spin and goal on the run like that deserves persevering with.

Murphy and Ned have both had their best patch of form together the last 2 weeks. Murphy with 14 touches, 9 score involvements, 1 goal assist and a goal; Ned with 16 touches at 100%DE, 5 score involvements, 2 goal assists and a goal from about 45m out! They have both just looked clean at ground level recently, especially around the 50 metre arc.

Is Schoenberg now the player who has a disappointing game in general, and an atrocious one "when it counts". But he scores a spectacular goal near the end so all is forgiven?
I actually reckon Harry might be following a similar trajectory to Fog. Came out of the blocks strong, hit a sustained patch of indifferent form where he seemed to lack confidence and was starting to play angry. But the last few weeks he's shown signs of working through that - seems a little more settled and focused.

Anyone else notice a bit of a split in the team today? A few players just seemed off / grumpy when dealing with other players ... exemplified by Tex's weird snip at McHenry after he kicked his goal that was supplied by Ned.

A bit if a hangover from the week that was? Some of the older players really struggled to have an influence today. Tex, Smith, Keays, ROB.

Either way, really effin good:

7e70cb5d4fc66fe7ba84608659a72331.gif

Anyone else notice a bit of a split in the team today? A few players just seemed off / grumpy when dealing with other players ... exemplified by Tex's weird snip at McHenry after he kicked his goal that was supplied by Ned.

A bit if a hangover from the week that was? Some of the older players really struggled to have an influence today. Tex, Smith, Keays, ROB.
Ned had a what the moment when Tex walk past and said something

Not many players average more than 2 contested marks a game, that’s a good game from a key forward. His ruck work was off today, but his around the ground work and marking was back to his best. For a 2nd year key forward he’s showing more than enough to think he could be an elite player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many players average more than 2 contested marks a game, that’s a good game from a key forward. His ruck work was off today, but his around the ground work and marking was back to his best. For a 2nd year key forward he’s showing more than enough to think he could be an elite player.
His best, then I am expecting too much

I think he also won the hard ball at half back and initially moved the ball and then follow up to this amazing goal? Also noticed he was a lot more tough in his tackling after this goal.
Definitely. Gave him a big confidence boost. He went on a tackling rampage after that.

Huh? A 2nd year tall forward has 11 touches, 6 score involvements, 3 inside 50s, a goal, a goal assist, 4 tackles and 6 marks (2 contested) and you’re thinking he doesn’t do enough?
Tilthorpe offered more than enough today, he's going to take time but he's not a one dimensional player eg must take mark and kick goal to get involved. The work in close to get a ball to the outside or forward himself has been elite all season.

Let's not forget he'd had a stop, start year with injury so hasn't been able to get a clear run at it.

Very content with how he's tracking.

Yep. Developing player who's struggling a bit but ends up helping us win
To be fair, he's had a terrible year and a shocking first half but did some of his best work of the year in the second half.

Why does everyone hate Doedee so much? Is it because he transitioned from youth to experienced?

Had a down year and should have pulled himself out earlier on, but at his best he's a gun.

Thought he was decent today without having to do much aerially.
Fumbles, slips over, doesn't negate his opposition, provides minimal rebound. Overrated af.

Ugly: North's list

Absolute s**t. How on earth did we win the spoon over them in 2020?
There's some real talent on the list, but it's really shallow and falls off the cliff after the first dozen or so.

Back