Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - Twomey reporting 1yr extension - Roo until end '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes you just need an opportunity. He is taking his with both hands and adjusting to the pace. How many AFL pre seasons has he had?
A few under his belt then yeh, he could play at other clubs.
As I said he has been ok.

I’m just not sure if he makes it long term.

Has the tools and some weapons. So maybe he will be better with a preaseason under the belt.

My comment was more around that I think he would most likely not be on any other list than ours.

Happy with how he's coming along considering literally no AFL grade pre-season. Has slotted in nicely.
I agree, I think he has shown improvement every game. He does look a little light compared to his opponents, 5/6 kilos and a preseason in the gym will help him a lot.

He’s ok.

But we are kidding ourselves if we think he would get a game at any other club.

Maybe so, but you can only work with what you have available. He was the best KPD option in the MSD and as soon as a new draftee earns their spot and goes past him then Dawson won’t be playing - simple.

Until then, he seems to be growing in confidence and not really much you could fault him on considering the quick transition to full time athlete from a sparky?

He isn’t necessarily taking the spot of a kid that is dominating in the VFL and who knows what he could turn into after a full preseason and time in an elite program.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has some wheels and likes to use them. Defended well for the day floated in and took some grabs. Big tick so far, shown improvement in areas of weakness in every game he’s played.

Listed at 78-80kg, can wrestle abit better with another 5kg-8kg on him after a professional pre season and with his speed will be quite the power runner/athlete.

If this is his floor, we’ve done well here

Loved his game. Strong marking, provided plenty of run and (despite being his biggest reported fault) already hits targets under pressure better than half our list.

Excited to what a full preseason could bring.
100% agree . I’m a fan .
That powerful run through his opponent breaking the tackle in the centre & hitting a target with his kick was gold .😊👍💪

Remove this Banner Ad

Back