Review Dees v the Carlton Tribunal Busters - the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

We did set up with at least one extra in the corridor at that boundary throw in -- think it was Salem. But I reckon Lever's kick was a miskick.
It was a miskick in that he didn't get all of it, but part of me wonders if we wanted it to go there. We had 2 extras in the corridor if you watch the replay

We look seriously flawed and no idea how we turn it around to challenge for another flag
We need to free ourselves up a fraction, to let our game flow a little. We were over the top defensively-minded, and we were getting in one anothers way, early on in the game.

First Qtr, fritta was competing in the air against Brown, who had 2 or 3 defenders spoiling him, and he was deliberately pancaking the ball with flat hands to the front of the packs, and we had no one able to rove the ball.
Fritta has to stay down and let the big guys contest the air in packs.

Not impressed with May flopping around looking for frees
Not impressed with Oliver conceding 2x 50m penalties .
Fritsch invisible most of the night
Brown and his one handed attempts
etc ,
and we still won .
Good .... Carlton and their ( Hearts beat Blue ) crap should be "Face is blue" after shoving it up them ..

200.gif

We don't speak of that game.
I speak about that game all of the time, it's one of my fondest football memories ever. In fact I'm going to speak about it right now.

I went to the bar on the way to my super expensive seats then my face split open and started gushing blood everywhere and I didn't notice until I saw a pool of blood on the ground, girl next to me was so horrified she couldn't even talk she just looked at me and slowly walked backwards like that homer simpson gif. First aid tried to fix me during the first quarter but by the third I was at box hill hospital. I finally got stitched up, then my wife drove the car she borrowed to get me home into a cement bollard in the car park.

Most expensive trip to the footy ever and I didn't even see my seat, didn't taste the pint I bought, and had to repair the rear bumper of someone else's car. On the bright side, I missed the game. Will have to watch the replay someday.

Great win guys. made my night.

to see Carlton still grappling for a place creates a Collingwood Carlton game that I will actually watch.

All of us were angry that Cripps was out there and one of their best players.

I wonder if the May-Melksham dust up was just a foil so some team would underestimate Melkshams ability to win a game. Fake Amber Heard bruises perhaps,

Looks like Carlton fell for it.

It's gonna be so great when all the work we've been doing on our forward 50 connection starts to pay off and we thrash the competition in finals again, I can't wait. I bet we been doing leading patterns and other things in secret and not trying them in games because we don't want the opposition to work it out yet. Really smart stuff from Goody.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: we won with only +10 inside 50s, Melksham, didn't give up.

Bad: At least 7 of Carlton's 10 goals were directly due to Melbourne * ups. Carlton with 2 days less break playing interstate last two weeks nearly got up.

Ugly: our gameplan, conditioning, forward line and ball use. Possibly our last win for the year unless Goodwin fixes this s**t up.
Brisbane next week, no top 4 for us.

Just got home. Can't believe we won it. How? Played like pus for a fair chunk of the night but credit to Carlton, they tackled and pressured incredibly well. I gotta say that the atmosphere at the end was possibly the best I've experienced at a Dees game..saw a few leaving after the Curnow goal. Geez Gus played well. And welcome back 2018 Melksham. Bloody hell..Gonna have to play better than that to do any damage in September but thank you Kozzy for giving my 2 boys an experience they'll never forget!!

Only Tulip would think kicking to a 3-1 Brown is a good kick 😂
Hunt was the only one running at the end. His fitness was a huge thing. Viney’s kick that sailed over Nib’s head was way worse.

Hunt was the only one running at the end. His fitness was a huge thing. Viney’s kick that sailed over Nib’s head was way worse.
Doesn't make it not a horrible kick still mate. You can give him credit all you like but him Gawn and Viney were all super lucky playing dumb football. I'd expect you to be better than " well we won so it was good"

Great win guys. made my night.

to see Carlton still grappling for a place creates a Collingwood Carlton game that I will actually watch.

All of us were angry that Cripps was out there and one of their best players.

I wonder if the May-Melksham dust up was just a foil so some team would underestimate Melkshams ability to win a game. Fake Amber Heard bruises perhaps,

Looks like Carlton fell for it.
Damn, he's onto us
melk_may.gif

Only Tulip would think kicking to a 3-1 Brown is a good kick 😂

Speaking of good kicks, how was Lever spotting the 3 on 1 in the middle and just hacking it over there under pressure. Cant beat game smarts. Lever's hack kick won us the game.

Speaking of good kicks, how was Lever spotting the 3 on 1 in the middle and just hacking it over there under pressure. Cant beat game smarts. Lever's hack kick won us the game.
Looked like a set play to me to load the corridor. Carlton were waiting down the line for us and Lever and tricked em good

It was a miskick in that he didn't get all of it, but part of me wonders if we wanted it to go there. We had 2 extras in the corridor if you watch the replay

He was absolutely meaning to go there, you can see it on the replay. He kicked an intentional snap, it didn't come of the side of his boot.

He was absolutely meaning to go there, you can see it on the replay. He kicked an intentional snap, it didn't come of the side of his boot.
Completely agree, but according to Tulip Hunt was the hero for his horrible horrible kick 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back