Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Demons v Blues Sat August 13th 7:25pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Carlton by a goal or less

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Carlton by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Carlton by a lot

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carlton_99

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal & NY Knicks
You responded to a comment about what the Dees should he concerned about.

And you basically said should be concerned about Viney dropping the ball after taking the tackler on.

Your interpretation of the rules shouldn’t concern the Dees
I was being sarcastic. Clearly didn't make it clear enough. My bad

I'm not sure how many posts about Viney i've made. He is my favourite non-lions player and I hate seeing him in this form. Needs to lift over the next few weeks.
Fitting given that he played probably his career best game in R15 against the Lions

After watching Weitering get destroyed by a cooked Melksham I never want to see his name in the same sentence as Steven May ever again. FMD imagine getting dominated by JAKE MELKSHAM
Alex Rance set the precedent

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
No. He's an uncontested marking forward only. We have known this for almost 10 years.
Brown did take two contested marks on the night and averages 1.3 a game on the season.

But the problem is with the amount of ball directed at him those numbers are still low.

Then what’s worse is when Brown doesn’t take the mark he is often comprehensively beaten so Melbourne’s crumbing forwards are then left out of position.

Add to that Brown is rarely taking uncontested marks on the lead, and his range seems to have dropped to 45 metres.

It is a major problem but I’m not sure if Melbourne are brave enough to try an alternative this late in the year.

Lampers

Premiership Player
May 27, 2004
Eastside
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Why the 10+ posts specifically about Viney over the last few months?
There are a couple of clearly anti-Melbourne Lions posters that inhabit the game day threads. Weird.

It used to be a little tribe of Weagles but they’ve mostly disappeared, much in the same way a cheesecake left alone with NicNat would disappear.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
View attachment 1476222

This is the moment the ball is coming in before Pickett kicks the winner. Carlton are man on man with no spare players back to help defend.
Horrendous coaching and on-field leadership to not not have some numbers behind the ball then.

Dees also have more mids pushing forward with no opponent to be seen.

Tristan34

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
This is how teams are beating up. Evident last week when you guys stepped up your pressure and tackling in the second half. I agree with Carlton being done but they’ll be up there for a while after this season.

I think Catlton should go after Gawn and move TDK in defence... Structurally that is where they are breaking down...

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
After watching Weitering get destroyed by a cooked Melksham I never want to see his name in the same sentence as Steven May ever again. FMD imagine getting dominated by JAKE MELKSHAM
See not even Melbourne supporters understand Melksham. It’s like his game was specifically for Essendon supporters. He knows what we like. 😍

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
no chance.

I went as a neutral. that first half was utter trash. dont let the finish cloud your judgement. it was also riddled with mistakes.
I won’t.
Pressure on from the first bounce, both desperate to win, never going to be pretty and it wasn’t. Brilliant game.

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Carlton players need to attend Collingwood training on how to finish the last 2 minutes of the game

Fantastic game in which we just fell short against the reigning premiers at full strength.

Lots of positives for us as our pressure was off the charts but we just butchered the ball by foot to much but that can be brought upon by the Demons fantastic pressure.

If we play like that next week we are a massive chance of beating the Pies and one of Kennedy / Hewitt / Cerra and / Williams would be a massive inclusion.

Good win Demons in the end though but i saw enough signs to be happy for next season finals or not this year.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Hewett isn't an A-Grader. Has had a good year, but is not an A-Grader.
He ended up on your list because he isn't an A-Grader. He was expendable.
You are entitled to be wrong, George has elevated his game this year being played in different role he isn't the 20 touch defensive tagger you had he is now a 30 touch 4 centre clearance beast who has been every bit as good as Cripps.

I can't quite remember, but who missed the short pass to an open Saad(?) when the Blues had possession and were bleeding down the clock?
That was where Carlton folded.

He hits the target and Saad runs down another 15 seconds

Back