Prediction Changes v Hawks in Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

In JJ if right, or Garcia if he’s not, Bruce, dureya, Keith.
Out Cordy, Martin, McNeil, vandermeer

• Martin is up there with the worst selections of the year and has to be out. Schache (preferably) or Sweet to come in, don’t see the thought behind bringing Bruce back but it’s probably going to happen.
  • Not sure how Vandermeer got back in front of Garcia in the pecking order but hopefully that is reversed.
  • As bad as Keath has been this season, we are not getting more out of playing Cordy, and we just have to hope Keath miraculously returns to the 2021 version of himself.

B: Darcy, Keath, Duryea
HB: Dale, Gardner, Richards

R: English, Liberatore, Bontempelli
C: Williams, Macrae, Hunter

HF: Treloar, Ugle-Hagan, Garcia
F: West, Naughton, Weightman

I: Daniel, Dunkley, Smith, Schache
S: McNeil

Out: Cordy
In: Keath, Duryea, Garcia, Schache
Out: Cordy, R.Smith, Vandermeer, Martin

out: Hunter (was expecting him to really add somehting when he came back after his absence, very dissapoiting for a supposed leader), Martin, VDM, mud guts
in: JJ Duryea McLean Bruce

Schache should come in, I think Jamarra has now stepped into the key forward role and is playing as a genuine target alongside Naughty and is crashing packs, which means a Schache type is actually more suitable than a Bruce type for us. Someone who can drag defenders away from Jamarra/Naughty.

I think Schache is a must in against the hawks with only one ruck.

Ins Schache, Doc, JJ, Keath
Outs Martin, McNeill, VDM or West, Cordy suspended

IN Bruce, Keath, Duryea, Johannisen, McLean/Garcia (as sub)
OUT Martin, Cordy, McNeil, Vandermeer, R Smith

FB Keath, Gardner, Duryea
HB Dale, Darcy, Richards
C Macrae, Bontempelli, B Smith
HF West, Naughton, Johannisen
FF Weightman, Bruce, Ugle-Hagan
INT Daniel, Treloar, Williams, Hunter
SUB McLean/Garcia

Duryea for McNeil
Schache or Sweet for Martin
JJ for VDM if he's healthy t

They also said on tv that bruhn got concussed so that's probably Cordy out for Keath
Ah Chee got concussed too....Cripps got to play. Will be bullshit if Cordy goes after that shambolic tribunal but we all know the AFL will right the wrongs of last week by giving Cordy 2 weeks, we will appeal and it will get extended to 3

Ah Chee got concussed too....Cripps got to play. Will be bullshit if Cordy goes after that shambolic tribunal but we all know the AFL will right the wrongs of last week by giving Cordy 2 weeks, we will appeal and it will get extended to 3
Fingers crossed he gets 2 and can’t be picked for next week or a final

FB: Duryea Gardner Keath

HB: Richards Darcy Dale

C: B.Smith Macrae Trloar

HF: West JUH Dunkley

FF: Bruce Naughton Weightman

R: English Bontempelli Libba

INT: Garcia Cleary Williams Daniel

IN: Duryea Keath Bruce Garcia Cleary
OUT: McNeil Vandermeer Martin Hunter Cordy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vandermeer out!
Worse game sense than Lin Jong.

Vandermeer out!
Worse game sense than Lin Jong.
Had a few good moments but I am shifting from my previously held, steadfast view that he’s going to be a very good player with us. Needs to get some continuity in his game if we are ever to see his best. Ironically, much like Jongy not too long ago.

This is one of the most consistent in/out boards we have had and I agree so I won’t for over the same thing.

A couple of differences:

- McNeil and VDM will make good players just not yet. Also think VDM is a natural small defender in part - fast, aggressive, attacks the ball but his hands are poor - especially on the air. A run in defence would help. But I also reckon that is Roarke’s best position but we have been short of wings and so have been giving everyone a go there - I am afraid to all past Whitten Oval in case they throw me there.

- Not playing Duryea on this or the Freo game must have been injury related either his or the match committee- the lack of organisation on defence is mind blowing

- Williams is lucky - they are trying to move him closer to the ball and he seems to have no closing speed for defence. Tricky off season for someone who was a very good back pocket - strong in air, big long kick. If Dunkley goes he might get a fresh life on the ball if not he may end up looking for a fresh start. Just doesn’t look happy.

- understand the desire to play two rucks but as we have all said - carrying a player is worse. We looked gassed. Bont even said it. For all Schache’s weaknesses, he runs and presents and commonly kicks 1-2. Even if he has one off one on - he has one on! And when he is off we can use him on other roles. Persist with him as a ruck forward and he will be very handy for us and keep maturing and as he hits 27/28 he could go back. Also allows us to swap him for Darcy if the young fella is having a bad game. With team defence and forward I understand that swinging backwards and forwards is challenging but when the wheels fall off rather than waiting for unicorns and pigs to fly in and save us we can be bold

- Bruce, McLean and Keath are all top 22 if in form and fit but they aren’t either - would play McLean because he will play out of his skin. Bruce was better in the second half (after a stinker that would make a skunks eyes water in the first half). They will likely play three talls because that has caused us problems in the past - will need to play Keath - so we have him, Gardner and Little Darce. We have to win so they have to play.

- Hawks were terrible today but will bounce back and play well in Tassie. McEvoy’s last game so if we come out like we have the past few weeks they will roll us. Time to put West and García in the guts and say ‘show us what you got!’

As dogwatch has already pointed out we are 1-4 at York Park with our only win in 2008. We've struggled to score in the Bevo era...

View attachment 1477400
I just noticed that the first four times we played them at York Park were all in Hawthorn premiership years.

No excuses for last year though. And definitely none for next week.

MRO UPDATE: Zaine Cordy has been referred directly to the Tribunal following an incident with Tanner Bruhn. The incident is ungraded and Cordy is unable to accept an early plea.

Bailey Dale can accept a $2000 fine with an early plea for striking (first offence).

Joke. Not even close to what Cripps did ffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back