Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan deserves a bit of a break mate, he’s 19 and that free kick was there, the initial arm was high.

Nope. It wasn’t. Clearly initial arm was across his upper arm. When contact was made ginnivan was already lifting his wing to accentuate… shortly after he dipped the legs. Not a free.

392ADAA3-188E-4528-A709-D7CB51D2776C.jpeg
6AC95276-2544-4601-A1DF-9BA02F5BEDD3.jpeg

What do those photos prove inspector gadget? The blokes just picked the ball up off the deck.
It proves mcCartins initial contact wasn’t high and Ginnivan caused the high contact by raising his arm and dropping his legs.
The fact he has just picked the ball up is immaterial. He was contacted legally lifted his arms and milked a free. It’s a blight on the game.

You don’t have to like facts but the evidence is absolutely clear.

It proves mcCartins initial contact wasn’t high and Ginnivan caused the high contact by raising his arm and dropping his legs.
The fact he has just picked the ball up is immaterial. He was contacted legally lifted his arms and milked a free. It’s a blight on the game.

Looking at both those photos the arm is above the shoulder. Free kick.

Just wondering why you think a still frame of a single incident in a game that goes for 2 hours is a "win"?

Pretty sure that if you really looked into it, you could find free kicks in pretty much all calls by use of still frames.
Also you could also find another 50 frees via still frames.....

You guys were awesome. Really IMO the only threat to cats.

So why focus on a single issue?
seems strange after such a good win.

There’s no excuse for todays game, Sydney were far the superior side and deserved the 4 points.

But if I do know BigFooty I’d be very careful potting Collingwood supporters after a loss today mate as we may just very well have the loudest laugh of all next week and you will cop it for posting this sort of stuff.
I'm not potting you for a loss! I was making a point to the poster I replied to that commenting on any part of the game does not mean it is an excuse for the loss - something they accused me of last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering why you think a still frame of a single incident in a game that goes for 2 hours is a "win"?

Pretty sure that if you really looked into it, you could find free kicks in pretty much all calls by use of still frames.
Also you could also find another 50 frees via still frames.....

You guys were awesome. Really IMO the only threat to cats.

So why focus on a single issue?
seems strange after such a good win.

Because as a code we need to always get better.
That and the fact many in here were quick to make a call based on BT’s biased commentary before actually checking the facts.

Because as a code we need to always get better.
That and the fact many in here were quick to make a call based on BT’s biased commentary before actually checking the facts.

Whilst your sentiment is fantastic (i completely agree with getting better).

Why choose that incident over about 10 others i can name....?
Is it because of who it was?
And to then call out "eddie as a racist" in a separate post...you're having a shocker mate!

Why not call out the ludicrous deliberate behind call?
or why not the consistency of the deliberate call between sidey in the third the the swans player in the last?
or how about go and still frame the high call to rowebottom in the last when he lowered his body in the tackle?
Or the HTB out on the far wing?

...like i said previously, another 50 frees at still frame could (should?) have been paid.

I simply am asking as to why to choose that one incident to go and look at and not the 50 others that can suffer the same scrutiny and come up short....?
our game is super flawed...the rules are impossible to get right.

So maybe just move on?
enjoy the win and don't lower yourself to rats and mice!

Never in the game.

Two players out that may return for finals hardly a injury list to worry about.
Yes having now had an hour to digest it, we definitely fell short in intensity, decision-making and skills under pressure, and didn't adjust our set-up to the ground's dimensions

De Goey and Adams would not have affected the result

Back