Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All I saw was a bunch of ferals booing a teenage boy who was subbed out and obviously injured on the eve of finals, very low rent behaviour

Goodes was just as big a cheat too btw
You sound like Andrew Bolt claiming Goodes being a bully for calling out where he heard racist abuse emanating from.

They were booing a cheat for being a cheat.

Also, I think you are the first person call the swans crowd feral (I’ll take that as a complement as our crowds are too meek usually) - I’m pretty sure you are projecting.

It’s actually dangerous that people post this s**t and actually believe it.
McCarton's tackle was below the shoulder.

As per his standard move, once the initial contact is felt (as pictured and not above the shoulders), he drops his knees and leans in. Drawing the contact to his neck himself.

It is literally what the AFL said was not going to be paid. Literally.

Screenshot_2022-08-14-21-37-52-14_28a02158dad256416fc65d57e5a4e46a.jpg

Ginnivan is almost lying down sideways in order to ensure McCartin's right arm ends up around his neck!!

Screenshot_2022-08-14-21-53-57-81_28a02158dad256416fc65d57e5a4e46a.jpg

Last edited:
You sound like Andrew Bolt claiming Goodes being a bully for calling out where he heard racist abuse emanating from.

They were booing a cheat for being a cheat.

Also, I think you are the first person call the swans crowd feral (I’ll take that as a complement as our crowds are too meek usually) - I’m pretty sure you are projecting.
Andrew Bolt? Gagf, read the rest of my posts on Goodes before you say stuff like that

I meant "you" plural as in Carlton fans. "You" can be singular or plural

I'm not sure why anyone would boo an injured player, he's out of the way and no longer a threat, it's feral behaviour

They can be mutually exclusive items. The fact he is injured is not the event itself leading to the booing. It’s the spotlight / camera on him - whether it is a goal, an injury, a hit, a tackle, a free, a mark, the supporters are literally acting like - See Ginnivan, Boo Ginnivan.

Doubt you’d see booing of any other collingwood player in the same circumstances as Ginnivan. It’s purely a culmination of events leading up to today.

He had been subbed out so was obviously injured as that's the only way you can be subbed out
He was boo'd as he left the ground too though after his goal.

The secondary boo'ing after half time was just the mob seeing him on screen and piling on.

I'm not here to defend Sydney fans, as I think almost all footy fans are complete losers, especially those that are grown men and women and rock up to a game and boo young guys - but I didn't take it as them boo'ing him because he was hurt.

They can be mutually exclusive items. The fact he is injured is not the event itself leading to the booing. It’s the spotlight / camera on him - whether it is a goal, an injury, a hit, a tackle, a free, a mark, the supporters are literally acting like - See Ginnivan, Boo Ginnivan.

Doubt you’d see booing of any other collingwood player in the same circumstances as Ginnivan. It’s purely a culmination of events leading up to today.
Good point, the crowd was provoked, still average behaviour though and won't be forgotten quickly

If he's up and about and not injured, boo away! He does invite it

He was boo'd as he left the ground too though after his goal.

The secondary boo'ing after half time was just the mob seeing him on screen and piling on.

I'm not here to defend Sydney fans, as I think almost all footy fans are complete losers, especially those that are grown men and women and rock up to a game and boo young guys - but I didn't take it as them boo'ing him because he was hurt.
He wasn't obviously injured as he left the ground and was fair game, no arguments there

But sitting back subbed out with the black jacket, well... it was poor IMO

He wasn't obviously injured as he left the ground and was fair game, no arguments there

But sitting back subbed out with the black jacket, well... it was poor IMO
Look, only a loser would do it, I agree. But then again, IMO only a loser would go to the footy and cheer too.

I'm always puzzled when people are surprised by footy fans acting like fu**wits.

I mean, these are adults wearing footy jumpers and screaming their heads off at complete strangers over something they have absolutely zero control over, and has zero impact on their lives.

Why do we suddenly expect them to act reasonably??

But a Collingwood player was within 10 metres of the goal, he's allowed to do that.
The correct answer is to keep Collingwood in the game the umpire cheated.
Which poster of you two are Adam H or is one of you danster168 with Collingwood hate posts every week in the pies game day thread ? mods PieLebo87

Last edited:
Look, only a loser would do it, I agree. But then again, IMO only a loser would go to the footy and cheer too.

I'm always puzzled when people are surprised by footy fans acting like fu**wits.

I mean, these are adults wearing footy jumpers and screaming their heads off at complete strangers over something they have absolutely zero control over, and has zero impact on their lives.

Why do we suddenly expect them to act reasonably??
Good point

I prefer to sit at home and chuck cans at the telly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor Adams

The Goodes thing was appalling and disgusting, he was one of my very favourite players, but that was a long time ago now

I don't mind the abuse Ginnivan gets normally, he invites it, but there are no excuses for booing an injured teenager

Langdon was asking for it just like Ginnivan
In fairness, the majority of the crowd probably wouldnt have even realised he was injured. I've attended games live and not realised an opposition player missing (and sometimes even our own for long stretches). Poor form for anyone who did know and still chose to do it though.

Just on side note...

My worst experience ever at the footy was at a Swans game about 15 years ago.

I got there early so I could get a good standing room possie at the G, up the front with the railing to lean on.

Then about 2 minutes before the game starts, a bunch of about 5 or 6 Swans fans rocked up, pissed. They'd clearly been at the pub. One of them had his young son with him, and guilted me into letting his son have my spot on the rail. Cause he's a kid and all. Should have factored that in whilst you were pissing on at the bar, I thought to myself.

Anyway, about halfway through the first quarter, they began with the foulest racial abuse I'd heard at the footy since the late 80s when I was a kid

It was putrid. And it was unrelenting, all the way through until I left the area in the 3rd quarter. Bizarrely, they were yelling this stuff at the opposition, but cheering O'Loughlin and Goodes. Just senseless.

Upon reflection, that was probably when I realised that going to the footy wasn't really my thing anymore.

I reckon I've only been to about 4 or 5 random games since.

So if it makes you feel better, since that day I've always felt that Swans fans are up there with the most feral

Last edited:
In fairness, the majority of the crowd probably wouldnt have even realised he was injured. I've attended games live and not realised an opposition player missing (and sometimes even our own for long stretches). Poor form for anyone who did know and still chose to do it though.

No one around me had any idea he’d been injured

Which poster of you two are Adam H or is one of you danster168 with Collingwood hate posts every week in the pies game day thread ? mods PieLebo87
What the * are you talking about? I was asking why it was a free kick because I didn't understand and their might of been someone who had the answer.
Richmond guys always accusing me of being Adam H, I don't know who that dude is. I would appreciate the accusation to stop or I will go to the mods.

Just on side note...

My worst experience ever at the footy was at a Swans game about 15 years ago.

I got there early so I could get a good standing room possie at the G, up the front with the railing to lean on.

Then about 2 minutes before the game starts, a bunch of about 5 or 6 Swans fans rocked up, pissed. They'd clearly been at the pub. One of them has his young son with him, and guilted me into letting his son have my spot on the rail. Cause he's a kid and all. Should have factored that in whilst you were pissing on at the bar, I thought to myself.

Anyway, about halfway through the first quarter, they began with the foulest racial abuse I'd heard at the footy since the late 80s when I was a kid

It was putrid. And it was unrelenting, all the way through until I left the area in the 3rd quarter.

Upon reflection, that was probably when I realised that going to the footy wasn't really my thing anymore.

I reckon I've only been to about 4 or 5 random games since.
Sorry to hear that. I’m angry they did that and disappointed the swans fans around them didn’t call that out - 15 years ago is not too long.

I’m glad that behaviour would not be tolerated today (at least I hope).

McCarton's tackle was below the shoulder.

As per his standard move, once the initial contact is felt (as pictured and not above the shoulders), he drops his knees and leans in. Drawing the contact to his neck himself.

It is literally what the AFL said was not going to be paid. Literally.

View attachment 1477508

Ginnivan is almost lying down sideways in order to ensure McCartin's right arm ends up around his neck!!

View attachment 1477537
Got to love how in depth these obsessed, Ginni seethers go. Stay mad.
View attachment 1621253256844.webm

Back