Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 22 - Swans v Pies Sun August 14th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I
YesAnd no

hegot away with far too much from the umps, because he’s indigenous he gets away with it? everyone one is entitled to the same level of respect and umpiring decisions that includes Ginnie.
and if we go tit for tat, when will it end.
bigdifference for booing Ginnie or goodes for staging, compared to booing any injured player
Think the only people on the field who should be booed is the umpires. I really enjoy that and both teams can do it.

Ginnivan deserves a bit of a break mate, he’s 19 and that free kick was there, the initial arm was high.
I agree the free was there but he doesn’t deserve a break. He carried on like a big head with his “light work” video, tooling around on social media etc. this is what you get in Australia, it’s how we’ve always been and it’s how we will always be, if you want to carry on and not deliver which now he can’t win as many frees, the public won’t let you forget it ever.

Look, only a loser would do it, I agree. But then again, IMO only a loser would go to the footy and cheer too.

I'm always puzzled when people are surprised by footy fans acting like fu**wits.

I mean, these are adults wearing footy jumpers and screaming their heads off at complete strangers over something they have absolutely zero control over, and has zero impact on their lives.

Why do we suddenly expect them to act reasonably??
Would that make someone on a footy forum a loser? Not accusing anyone of anything just seeking clarification. I mean why waste time discussing something that has zero impact on your life?

I guess there are still people who think Eddie isn’t racist so meh.
Just because someone has a slip of the tongue or makes a poor comment doesn’t mean they are racist.
If you think in your heart of hearts Eddie is a racist person thats pretty miserable and very judgmental.
The man has done plenty for indigenous people and a few bad comments don’t define him.
I don’t particularly like him but it’s not ok to just label people racist willy nilly, the word racist has lost its meaning because of its very loose application in recent years.

Ginnivan is the new Toby Greene. He does enough wrong but even when he doesn't just seeing his face on my TV makes me angry. He's just irritating to watch. He's the villain persona and he'll be best off embracing it and making it part of his brand for the next decade.

Is this serious? A better style ? Collingwood have just won a finals like tug of war with the reigning premier. Their 11th win in a row. To take them to 2nd on the ladder. And they are rank outsiders against the swans ??? Jeeeeesus
Like I said, is this serious? Yeah, we have been playing a better style of footy. That holds up on high pressure games. Today was comfortable from about the 11th minute of the first quarter. Collingwood tried everything. Our defence was a brick wall. Go back to the drawing board Pies. Bit of work to do to beat Sydney.

Ginnivan is the new Toby Greene. He does enough wrong but even when he doesn't just seeing his face on my TV makes me angry. He's just irritating to watch. He's the villain persona and he'll be best off embracing it and making it part of his brand for the next decade.
I despise staging, and conning umpires for Free Kicks

Couldn't stand it when Scott West used to do it, and Paul Chapman.

Grimes, Jack Higgins, the ugly Brisbane guy, Weightman and Ginnivan all repulse me with their actions.

However I don't understand the Ginnivan hate. I must have missed something, but I don't find him particularly dislikable.

The cheating part of his game annoys me, sure. But I don't find him to be especially jerkish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL, once again, are facilitating this stuff.

Ginnivan did his usual thing, and was rewarded for it. Dropped his knees and leant into McCartin's tackle.

The exact thing that people dislike about his football, and the exact thing that the AFL literally said you were no longer allowed to get away with.

Yet the umpire paid it.

Appalling officiating.

I assumed that's what the booing was about. I doubt anyone at the game would have known he was hurt, and certainly wouldn't have known the extent of it.
McCartin caught Ginnivan high, yes...cos he's taller, that happens a lot, and it's just bad luck...but it was clear Ginnivan clearly positions himself in a way to make it more obvious. Did he do that even before the tackle? Honestly, I felt he did when I saw it. But whatever, thankfully no bearing on the result. Hope the AFL is serious about cracking down on this permanently.

Reading every Pies game day thread this year has turned into a ginnivan cheating ducking trolling s**t show by petty sad non Collingwood supporters who sound childish with hate. mods I hope reading the finals threads aren’t going to be like this. Reading pies game day threads has been the worse this year compared to the non pies game day threads. This is insane like every week You guys need to give the ginnivan stuff a rest for the finals or find a non game day thread to talk about him. Wosh Anzacday

Last edited:
Good call. Paddy took the mark so had time and space with no pressure. Because he stupidly played on and created the pressure on himself he got what he deservef
Except Johnson didn't man the mark. Instead he ran over it and directly at paddy before the ump even called play on. Paddy said he didn't hear the whistle, clearly Johnson didn't either. The mark should've been at the tip of the goalsquare but Johnson never went back on it. The deliberate itself was there but it should've been a 50 for encroaching, or at the least the whistle shouldve been blown to put him back on the mark.

Well heck 3 of our best 5, happy? Grundy, De Goey and Adams. 3 of our 4 best players

Would no longer have Pendles in that bracket. But anyway, keep going, we will see how the ladder pans out after Rd 23 😉
Grundy hasn't played all year and should not feature in any discussion on impact. He hasn't played in any of your wins either.

Grundy hasn't played all year and should not feature in any discussion on impact. He hasn't played in any of your wins either.

Read the original post I was responding to before you comment.

I was responding to the claim of us having no players on the injury list, just merely stated for todays game those 3 players. Who I believe are 3 of our 4 best players, all definitely in our top 5 in regards to what they offer. Our Number 1 ruck and best clearance player, our heart and soul in and under player/second best clearance player and our match winner.

My answer was in regards to our injury list, so yes Grundy was in the discussion.

And I haven’t made an excuse all thread either, we were beaten by the better team on the day, my previous posts are consistent with this.

Last edited:
I agree the free was there but he doesn’t deserve a break. He carried on like a big head with his “light work” video, tooling around on social media etc. this is what you get in Australia, it’s how we’ve always been and it’s how we will always be, if you want to carry on and not deliver which now he can’t win as many frees, the public won’t let you forget it ever.
Are you referencing Round 1?

Is that you Kane Cornes? I suppose we over celebrate our wins too?

You do realise that the camera was handed to him by our media department and that the video is then posted on Collingwoods social media page, Not Sydney’s and not St Kildas, the team we played on the night.

A video like that is to give the young kids an insight into the boys after a win. You might not like how this younger generation behave but get used to it because it’s 2022 and not 1985 anymore.

And yes the kid does deserve a bit of a break as he has mentioned it is and has effected he’s mental health but according to you that’s play on, real classy.

Are you referencing Round 1?

Is that you Kane Cornes? I suppose we over celebrate our wins too?

You do realise that the camera was handed to him by our media department and that the video is then posted on Collingwoods social media page, Not Sydney’s and not St Kildas, the team we played on the night.

A video like that is to give the young kids an insight into the boys after a win. You might not like how this younger generation behave but get used to it because it’s 2022 and not 1985 anymore.

And yes the kid does deserve a bit of a break as he has mentioned it is and has effected he’s mental health but according to you that’s play on, real classy.
Funny how he’s the only one to given a camera in the entire AFL and carried on like a goose, funny how he’s the only one being picked on, the majority of the AFL community think he’s a tool for good reason. No one else cops crap like him cus they don’t behave like idiots like him.
And as for mental health claim. That was disgusting. Using the mental health card to excuse his attention seeking behaviour is reprehensible. He brought pressure on himself and he’s feeling that pressure. That’s not mental health concerns.
His career is going to be short and controversial now that his one wood in playing for free kicks has been taken away. He’s got nothing of substance to fall back on rendering him a liability.
I for one will enjoy watching this attention seeking idiot float away into obscurity. If you don’t like what I’ve got to say I couldn’t care less. 👋 ✌️

Funny how he’s the only one to given a camera in the entire AFL and carried on like a goose, funny how he’s the only one being picked on, the majority of the AFL community think he’s a tool for good reason. No one else cops crap like him cus they don’t behave like idiots like him.
And as for mental health claim. That was disgusting. Using the mental health card to excuse his attention seeking behaviour is reprehensible. He brought pressure on himself and he’s feeling that pressure. That’s not mental health concerns.
His career is going to be short and controversial now that his one wood in playing for free kicks has been taken away. He’s got nothing of substance to fall back on rendering him a liability.
I for one will enjoy watching this attention seeking idiot float away into obscurity. If you don’t like what I’ve got to say I couldn’t care less. 👋 ✌️
Yeah of course the whole football landscape on he’s case wouldn’t effect he’s mental health, he played a mental health card, are you serious? he’s 19 years old and obviously suffered from it as he said due to all the attention he received.

Whether you like it or not Anxiety and depression is a massive problem in our society and particularly in young men. The best way to deal with these conditions is to talk about it and let people know not bottle it up.

Your response just shows that you a flog of the highest order and have no regard for peoples welfare and are that far out of touch of the real world.

It’s just a game Ace just remember that!

Yeah of course the whole football landscape on he’s case wouldn’t effect he’s mental health, he played a mental health card, are you serious? he’s 19 years old and obviously suffered from it as he said due to all the attention he received.

Whether you like it or not Anxiety and depression is a massive problem in our society and particularly in young men. The best way to deal with these conditions is to talk about it and let people know not bottle it up.

Your response just shows that you a flog of the highest order and have no regard for peoples welfare and are that far out of touch of the real world.

It’s just a game Ace just remember that!
Im well aware of what mental health is, you clearly don’t. Remember you nver
Know who you’re talking to online chief. someone with legitimate mental health issues doesn’t go out and become the biggest attention seeker imaginable. Youre clueless, you’re a sore loser and clearly you’re just one of those morons who just repeats media talking points on mental health and thinks they are an advocate.
Fact is he got in over his head, he’s a moron and went to the mental health well to cover his idiotic behaviour. Same as degoey.

Im well aware of what mental health is, you clearly don’t. Remember you nver
Know who you’re talking to online chief. someone with legitimate mental health issues doesn’t go out and become the biggest attention seeker imaginable. Youre clueless, you’re a sore loser and clearly you’re just one of those morons who just repeats media talking points on mental health and thinks they are an advocate.
Fact is he got in over his head, he’s a moron and went to the mental health well to cover his idiotic behaviour. Same as degoey.
Are you serious? You don’t have the slightest clue!! You are delusional. People like yourself are the reason why people suffering bottle it up because as soon as they open there mouths you shoot them down in flames, get off your high horse champ. The best way is to let people know.

And if you are a sufferer of mental health or work in that field as a profession there is NO WAY you’d be speaking like this, so yeah I’ve got a fair idea who I’m talking too, an absolute flog.

Last edited:
Back