• Hugh Davies (Claremont) - 196cm Key Defender
  • Tyrell Dewar (Subiaco) - 185cm Forward
  • Sam Gilbey (Claremont) - 188cm Rebounding Defender
  • Reuben Ginbey (East Perth) - 189cm Midfielder / Defender
  • Steely Green (South Fremantle) - 178cm Midfielder
  • Jed Hagan (East Fremantle) - 175cm Defender / Forward
  • Elijah Hewett (Swan Districts) - 185cm Midfielder
  • Darcy Jones (Swan Districts) - 175cm Wingman

They can add more later, but at this stage those are the ones with an invite. It is reasonable to expect that 95% of the WA draftees for the National Draft will come from this list. Jackson Broadbent, who many would have expected at the start of the year to be one of the certainties to have their name called up for this kind of thing has missed off at this stage, but he has had a very average year (maybe under injury). Also no Kane Bevan or Jack Cleaver as well, and no Freo NGAs (Williams or Scaife).

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

WA draft national combine invitees​

• Jed Adams (Peel Thunder) - 194cm Intercepting Defender
  • Edward Allan (Claremont) - 195cm Midfielder
  • Jedd Busslinger (East Perth) - 197cm Key Defender
  • Harry Cole (Claremont) - 186cm Medium Forward
  • Hugh Davies (Claremont) - 196cm Key Defender
  • Tyrell Dewar (Subiaco) - 185cm Forward
  • Sam Gilbey (Claremont) - 188cm Rebounding Defender
  • Reuben Ginbey (East Perth) - 189cm Midfielder / Defender
  • Steely Green (South Fremantle) - 178cm Midfielder
  • Jed Hagan (East Fremantle) - 175cm Defender / Forward
  • Elijah Hewett (Swan Districts) - 185cm Midfielder
  • Darcy Jones (Swan Districts) - 175cm Wingman

They can add more later, but at this stage those are the ones with an invite. It is reasonable to expect that 95% of the WA draftees for the National Draft will come from this list. Jackson Broadbent, who many would have expected at the start of the year to be one of the certainties to have their name called up for this kind of thing has missed off at this stage, but he has had a very average year (maybe under injury). Also no Kane Bevan or Jack Cleaver as well, and no Freo NGAs (Williams or Scaife).

I don't know anything about them but I'd love Dewar & Cole.

maccamk

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chase Bourne was one of the best underages last year in WA. I think we will take a punt. Would love to know why his form has dropped off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Chase Bourne was one of the best underages last year in WA. I think we will take a punt. Would love to know why his form has dropped off.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I know at the beginning of the year Walls was into him but he has been very inconsistent. We will probably take a punt on him as a rookie pick as you say.

wakojako

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 15, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Where does he play is he the small forward?
He's a small forward that floats up the field. He was the one who kicked a goal after the siren to win the game earlier in the year against South. If anything he would be a project player/late bloomer.

Dayts

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Does anyone know how that Denver Granger Barras is going?
I remember he was highly sort after local talent haven’t heard much about him since he’s been drafted

rank and file

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2013
michael mitchell country
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
bell park
So he's living in metro area tho right which means we get fkd anyway
Not sure how that all works.
Sent him down Perth for school this year,he came up to play GF on the weekend.
Pretty much been told if wants to get amongst it he's got to be in Perth.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
He's a small forward that floats up the field. He was the one who kicked a goal after the siren to win the game earlier in the year against South. If anything he would be a project player/late bloomer.

We should really only consider him right now if we are delisting Western and Crowden (Remembering that we will still have Colyer next year probably at Peel as well); "project" (ie. their form is really patchy) small forward types for mine are an inefficient use of list space. I would rather see the space used on a project medium sized forward like Dewar or a general defender like Jed Adams or get a small forward that has actually put some runs on the board like Darcy Jones - they will all most likely go later half to rookie positions. If Bourne increases his output next year then we can consider then.
Does anyone know how that Denver Granger Barras is going?
I remember he was highly sort after local talent haven’t heard much about him since he’s been drafted

Progressing fine I would say; played 16 games for this season (up from 5 last season, remembering he had a knee injury last year), makes a good number of marks in defence and has a high kick to handball ratio, which is good from the rebounding perspective. Signed on at the start of the year for an additional two years; it will take a while before he is a complete product, but all promising signs in bottom half team.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we're going to go for a small forward, we need to get quality otherwise don't bother - we've got heaps of average ones already.
Could say that about tall forwards except we have Treacy and Amiss who have potential to be guns - even more reason to not draft one imo. Yet plenty of people on here would happily have us draft another two tall forwards.

It's the same as Scaife. As a Category B, I don't see the harm but I fail to see the point of adding key forwards with 3rd and 4th round picks.

Back