The Association Football AFL Thread 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely yes.

I'd be amazed if they didn't think they were in with a good chance though. Why else would you go all in?
that's what will make it so funny if it doesn't happen

So a shocking call in your mind?

Would you have given him the flick? If so, would you have waited a bit longer?

Pardon my ignorance but club rivalries aren't as big in AFL right?

Eg Poch would never coach Arsenal or Barca etc

Malthouse coached Carlton after the Pies and that's arguably the biggest rivalry in the comp so no I wouldn't say so.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Speaking of Malthouse.

Remember when he said Essendon could be Premiers this year? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

As good a call as the time he said Carlton won’t lose a game in 2015. We lost 18 of them and Malthouse was sacked after Round 8.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
i know it's a meme at this point but how does dodoro survive review after review, meeting after meeting about where the club is at? does he have pics of sheedy kicking a baby or something. essendon for years have had a middling list at best usually supplemented by 2-3 guys who are top level players who can drag them over the line a handful of times. their player development is poor, they have had some shocking trades over the years yet the coach keeps getting the arse and he stays for another draft? it's so strange the career this guy has been afforded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ginnivan was booed by the Sydney supporters when he was shown on the screen sitting on the bench after he got injured.

The first time he was shown I'm pretty sure people didn't know he was injured, the second time I think people jeered because he was sitting there chuckling away while his side was getting dismantled. Neither of which was about his injury (at least from where I was sitting).

Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The first time he was shown I'm pretty sure people didn't know he was injured, the second time I think people jeered because he was sitting there chuckling away while his side was getting dismantled. Neither of which was about his injury (at least from where I was sitting).

Agree that it wasn't about the injury. They're booing him because of the free kick he won earlier.

That being said I do like that senior players are being protective of Ginnivan as the way he's being portrayed as a villain in the media is ridiculous for someone who has played so few games. There's an element of him bringing attention on him self for sure, but a lot of it is also coming from commentators and media desperately latching on to one of the few players who shows a bit of character.

Agree that it wasn't about the injury. They're booing him because of the free kick he won earlier.

That being said I do like that senior players are being protective of Ginnivan as the way he's being portrayed as a villain in the media is ridiculous for someone who has played so few games. There's an element of him bringing attention on him self for sure, but a lot of it is also coming from commentators and media desperately latching on to one of the few players who shows a bit of character.

To be honest I don't get the abuse, he's a great pantomime. Like when we play against Greene I love to hate him but I don't abuse him because I'm not a campaigner.

Don't you dare sit there and lie to us, SM.

I mean I said I enjoy hating on him, but in the same way that I'm sure opposition fans hate on Papley and probably a few others at the Swans. I don't get abusing any player (unless they've committed a thug act maybe).

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
To be honest I don't get the abuse, he's a great pantomime. Like when we play against Greene I love to hate him but I don't abuse him because I'm not a campaigner.

Weightman is another one. I agree, those kind of players are actually great for the game, especially in this over sanitised era. Ginnivan has been the best thing about footy this year in my opinion.

I think the booing is all part of it as well, it shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Weightman is another one. I agree, those kind of players are actually great for the game, especially in this over sanitised era. Ginnivan has been the best thing about footy this year in my opinion.

I think the booing is all part of it as well, it shouldn’t be taken too seriously.
I know Port have been disappointing but that a very big call haha

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Brady Bunch K GIF

;) :tearsofjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back