Rumour Kevin Sheedy - The Essendon Puppet Master

Remove this Banner Ad

Just an update on this:

There is talk from those in the know that James Hird could return as an assistant coach in a beefed up Dons Football Department in 2023.

It has certainly been floated by a prominent Dons Board Member.

The board member thinks this is the best chance of Hird returning to the head coaching gig at the Dons if Rutten under-performs in 2023, opening up the caretaker role by stealth and eventually staying on beyond 2023.

This scenario is something they're thinking about.
I’m of the belief they’re trying to get Gary O’Donnell back involved at the club. What role it is I’m not sure?

Unless there is bad blood that I’m not aware of, if I was Essendon I would be going all out for Hardwick. You wouldn’t bet against him turning the joint around.

This is my smokey also.
I think i remember Hardwick saying earlier this year words to the affect …
When this Richmond teams window finishes … so does mine.
With that in mind and the possibility of :
Dusty heading to Sydney
Cotchin/Riewoldt/Edwards etc etc on the cusp of retirement
Hardwick and the Tigers could shake hands and move on.
The dons love nothing better than an efc old boy and with Hardwick being a former premiership player and now triple premiership coach, it might prove irresistible to old Kevin and the coteries …

Dimma would be a grand catch. Essendon may need to adapt to him though. A genius triple prem coach resurecting a near basket case into a powerhouse, knows what he wants and what he needs. Coming from a wellrun club, he would have certain requitements I would think.

Hardwick went for the Bombers job after Sheedy finished up.

The line doing the rounds at the time around the traps (and on Bigfooty) was that the reason he did not get the role was that he stuffed up the PowerPoint presentation.

However the real reason he didn’t get the job was that he was a little too blunt and honest about the state of Essendon’s list, saying it needed to be gutted and a long rebuild was required.

The board didn’t take his feedback well as they thought their list was good.

Matthew Knights told the board could get them playing finals in the short term and in fairness to him, he did deliver that.

Would be interesting to see if Hardwick went for the job the second time around.

This is my smokey also.
I think i remember Hardwick saying earlier this year words to the affect …
When this Richmond teams window finishes … so does mine.
With that in mind and the possibility of :
Dusty heading to Sydney
Cotchin/Riewoldt/Edwards etc etc on the cusp of retirement
Hardwick and the Tigers could shake hands and move on.
The dons love nothing better than an efc old boy and with Hardwick being a former premiership player and now triple premiership coach, it might prove irresistible to old Kevin and the coteries …
Agree with everything you have just said…

Other than Dusty to the Swans, he looks utterly shot and should retire. Ill spew up Terry Wallace style if we sign him.

The line doing the rounds at the time around the traps (and on Bigfooty) was that the reason he did not get the role was that he stuffed up the PowerPoint presentation.

However the real reason he didn’t get the job was that he was a little too blunt and honest about the state of Essendon’s list, saying it needed to be gutted and a long rebuild was required.

Matthew Knights told the board could get them playing finals in the short term and in fairness to him, he did deliver that.

Would be interesting to see if Hardwick went for the job the second time around.

Apparently Voss and the Blues had danced previous to the current appointment.
Anything is possible i guess.
Hardwick, being an efc old boy, ticks the only box that would give an incoming dons coach any feeling of job security.
Time will tell but just have the feeling that old Kevin and the coteries are warming up the trigger finger … and Rutten knows it …

Both those reasons went around the traps and on here.

It's no secret Knights rated the list higher and said as much to the board.

Richmond's success was really built off getting the off field management right first. The club accepted they had to change if they were going to be successful.

Essendon seem to think the problem is the coaching department and changing that around will eventually give them success. Their ego is getting in the way of them making the right changes, and it starts at the top.

Well that’s Noble done and dusted.
GWS and North would be right into Clarkson.
Wonder how the puppet masters review is coming along.
If he wants Clarko, things just got more interesting and Rutten knocking off Sydney, St.Kilda and Brisbane recently might make it harder to lower the boom.
Then there’s efc “old boy” Hardwick.
Who knows where the end of this season leaves the Richmond/Dimma relationship …
The timing of good old Kevin’s latest internal review will be very interesting indeed …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If true i think i'm going to throw up..

He was 100% on the money..

Unless there is bad blood that I’m not aware of, if I was Essendon I would be going all out for Hardwick. You wouldn’t bet against him turning the joint around.
They've already poached a couple of assistant coaches with no success in importing a winning culture and game plan.
Richmond's success was really built off getting the off field management right first. The club accepted they had to change if they were going to be successful.

Essendon seem to think the problem is the coaching department and changing that around will eventually give them success. Their ego is getting in the way of them making the right changes, and it starts at the top.
I think that's the problem, but when you've got Sheedy and Dodoro steering the ship, self awareness like that would only create unacceptable cognitive dissonance. So there is no chance significant changes to off field management will happen.
Changes in coaching staff is what we can expect.

:p

vwMin.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back