Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 21st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

46855E84-C9EE-4F43-88E6-612746D25ADB.png
8TH V 5TH

AFL 2022 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 23
CARLTON V COLLINGWOOD
SUNDAY AUGUST 21ST 3:20PM EST (MCG)

CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE 2022 BIGFOOTY OFFICIAL TIPPING COMP!

C4C09479-AA41-4EFA-A0A9-D0A4F59D5D60.png
TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place
Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

BLUES

B: Marchbank, Young, Docherty
HB: Saad, Weitering, McGovern
C: Silvagni, Cripps, Cottrell
HF: Martin, McKay, Owies
F: Durdin, C.Curnow, Fisher
FOLL: Pittonet, Cerrra, Walsh

I/C (from): Williams, Hewett, De Koning, Setterfield, Stocker, Motlop, O'Brien, Newnes
IN: Cerra, Williams, Hewett, De Koning
OUT: Dow (sub)

MAGPIES
B: Noble, Moore, Howe
HB: Maynard, Quaynor, Lipinski
C: Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Hoskin-Elliott
HF: Elliott, Cameron, Ginnivan
F: De Goey, Mihocek, J.Daicos
FOLL: Cox, N.Daicos, Crisp

I/C (from): Bianco, Henry, Brown, Macrae, Murphy, McCreery, Johnson, Carmichael
IN: De Goey, Henry, Macrae
OUT: Nil

Richard Pratt Cup
Carlton and Collingwood will play for the 13th Richard Pratt Cup this Sunday at the MCG. Each year the sides unite to raise awareness for prostate cancer in Australia. Following the game, the Richard Pratt Cup and Medal will be awarded to the winning team and player deemed Best on Ground.

Peter Mac Foundation

Carlton and Collingwood are raising awareness and funds for the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre this week. Peter Mac is a world leading cancer research, education and treatment centre and Australia’s only public health service solely dedicated to caring for people affected by cancer. To donate, click here.

MCG double header

Carlton and Collingwood’s AFL and VFL sides will play each other at the same ground, on the same day this Sunday. The VFL Round 22 game against Collingwood will kick off at 11.45am AEST followed by the AFL Round 23 game at 3.20pm.

⬇️ Links to the Club Board tipping comps ⬇️

Last edited by a moderator:

Blues by 1. Should be a cracking game provided Dogs gets the job done.

Not confident at all but we are chance if we play like we did against the Dees but who knows how we bounce back after a game like that.

Pies are a good outfit and it won’t be easy. They could very easily smash us out the park with JDG coming back in.

Would love a Cerra / Kennedy and Hewitt to be available but it won’t happen. Zac Williams may come back in but he will be underdone after a couple of months out.

Don’t even know if I will be able to stomach watching it after last Saturday night.

Given what both clubs have at stake, think it will be close for most of the game
This is what worries me.

Pies will beat us in a close contest. We need to be up early and not give them a sniff.

Not confident at all but we are chance if we play like we did against the Dees but who knows how we bounce back after a game like that.

Pies are a good outfit and it won’t be easy. They could very easily smash us out the park with JDG coming back in.

Would love a Cerra / Kennedy and Hewitt to be available but it won’t happen. Zac Williams may come back in but he will be underdone after a couple of months out.

Don’t even know if I will be able to stomach watching it after last Saturday night.
Come on Chism don’t pull out the injury excuses early 😜

I’m sure the Pies would also love 3 of their starting centre bounce players in Grundy, Adams and JDG starting too!

Just playin’ but very hard to tip this one. Realistically, Pies should get the job done being the superior unit who’ve proven it all season long, but Pies Blues games are always 50/50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on Chism don’t pull out the injury excuses early 😜

I’m sure the Pies would also love 3 of their starting centre bounce players in Grundy, Adams and JDG starting too!

Just playin’ but very hard to tip this one. Realistically, Pies should get the job done being the superior unit who’ve proven it all season long, but Pies Blues games are always 50/50.
You guys have not had Grundy all season nearly and been doing well. Cameron has been immense for you.

Our outs are a bit harder to fill and when we were in flying form around the bye week at 8-2 Kennedy / Hewitt and Cerra were pivotal to us out the guts while Crippa and Walsh were allowed some freedom.

Next minute they start to drop like flies and we don’t have the midfield depth to cover them. You can replace 1 or 2 all over the place but 3 quality players all on the same line is hard not to mention Pitto only playing a couple of senior games in the last 10 weeks or so.

It is what it is though and no one can control these factors and hope we get a good game.

You guys have not had Grundy all season nearly and been doing well. Cameron has been immense for you.

Our outs are a bit harder to fill and when we were in flying form around the bye week at 8-2 Kennedy / Hewitt and Cerra were pivotal to us out the guts while Crippa and Walsh were allowed some freedom.

Next minute they start to drop like flies and we don’t have the midfield depth to cover them. You can replace 1 or 2 all over the place but 3 quality players all on the same line is hard not to mention Pitto only playing a couple of senior games in the last 10 weeks or so.

It is what it is though and no one can control these factors and hope we get a good game.
Goal for the Blues will be for their starting mids to be better and get in the positive for centre clearances so as to give Curnow and McKay first dibs one out against their defenders. Moore is our only quality KPD at the moment and Howe/Murphy will struggle one out against McKay.

Cottrell on the wing, Docherty (midfield again?) and Saad across HB will need to counter Collingwood’s rebounding run the other way and hurt the Pies the other way.

Will be a fascinating game. Hopefully the two sides don’t let us down and put on a clinic. Absolute criminal this is Sunday arvo and not prime time. AFL going to be making plenty off it regardless.

Goal for the Blues will be for their starting mids to be better and get in the positive for centre clearances so as to give Curnow and McKay first dibs one out against their defenders. Moore is our only quality KPD at the moment and Howe/Murphy will struggle one out against McKay.

Cottrell on the wing, Docherty (midfield again?) and Saad across HB will need to counter Collingwood’s rebounding run the other way and hurt the Pies the other way.

Will be a fascinating game. Hopefully the two sides don’t let us down and put on a clinic. Absolute criminal this is Sunday arvo and not prime time. AFL going to be making plenty off it regardless.
If we are smart the tag or negating player needs to go straight to Nick Daicos. Swans showed how effective this can be as McCrae loves using him all over the place and you can’t allow him to be running around unmarked.

Doch in the middle is good but it is robbing Peter to pay Paul effect as we need his footy smarts off half back.

Going to be an intriguing game which I won’t see much of as I have a family turn on which maybe a good thing honestly as I couldn’t bare another game like last week. 😏

Doch in the middle is good but it is robbing Peter to pay Paul effect as we need his footy smarts off half back.
It's funny you say that because a lot of our own keep on saying he's struggling back there, at least his rebounding kicking skills. So it'd be more like robbing Peter to pay Peter.

My heart and gut cannot handle yet another season on the line clash. Every game has been consequential for the Pies throughout our winning run yet we drop one and fall out of the four and now have to win the next one to get back in. It's emotionally exhausting.

Should be a ripper.
Don’t think Pies will risk Adams, Ginnivan or JDG as finals are assured and week off means you give these guys more time to play roles in September.
So that gives Blues a big chance. Sure they are missing Hewett, Kennedy and I doubt Cerra or Williams play.
But Blues have greater mid depth to cover this and the two big forwards.
Blues by a little.

Back