The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Robertson substitution was interesting. Seemed like a bit of a punishment/learning thing for allowing himself to get frustrated.

Beating Liverpool 101: Defend in numbers, fake injuries, take forever to play the ball, delay, niggle, zero possession, get under Liverpool's skin so they become impatient... score on the counter vs high line.

Klopp fully aware of this and I'm sure would have made it a focus not to get sucked in like we have in the past.

I've been on the fence with Nunez the entire time but I'm starting to lean heavily towards flop territory. He doesnt possess a first touch at all, petulant and gets sent off to put us further in trouble. Doesnt pass it too well, he just seems the type for a mid table team who counter better teams and getting him to run in behind and try to score. He doesnt look the goods when he has to be part of the build up against teams that sit.

Miss Mane massively.

I've been on the fence with Nunez the entire time but I'm starting to lean heavily towards flop territory. He doesnt possess a first touch at all, petulant and gets sent off to put us further in trouble. Doesnt pass it too well, he just seems the type for a mid table team who counter better teams and getting him to run in behind and try to score. He doesnt look the goods when he has to be part of the build up against teams that sit.

Miss Mane massively.
Hysterical post.

Miss Mane massively.
He has a long way to go. His technique isn't great at all.

I'm looking at Nunez the same way a woman looks at her wife beating husband/boyfriend when he hits her for the first time. WTF was that? One of the hallmarks of Klopp's teams has been discipline and and he goes and does that.

This is going to be a long season. We needed investment instead we sold half the *en team to buy this wife beater. This is on the owners.

Get the midfield sorted out ffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Miss Mane massively.

Apart from the send off, he wasn't the only problem today, both him and Mo missed some huge chances

We couldn't really build from midfield and just hoofed a lot of long balls and slammed crosses, which made it hard for a front 3

Teams know they'll get a chance to score against us every game, it sucks. When you're missing chances up front and conceding from your first shot almost every game, surprise surprise you don't win matches

Man utd have been total but this time next week could be above us.

Draws to wins is the clubs biggest weakness the last 10 years

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not sure ManU have the discipline to sit deep and defend like that all game.

Nunez is not the problem. Midfield is. Liverpool have barely got by in previous years with a vanilla midfield and this year is a step too far.

Missing Mane massively - the ball is simply not popping around between the forwards.

But, Elliot - Fab - Milner, can we really be surprised there is no creativity from midfield.

You know Palace are going to sit deep. Liverpool have refused to address this issue.

We had Nat Phillips at RCB in a high line,
We had Arnold at RB who is an attacking full back,
And in front of them was Elliott, who doesn't cover the space behind like Henderson does.

Just not enough protection on that right side.

Klopp says Matip will miss 2 weeks with a groin strain, both Henderson and Gomez had minor concerns so they couldn't play the full game.

Thatll be 4 weeks at least for Matip. His recoveries from soft tissue injuries are always slow.

Gomez always has an issue.

Man utd have been total but this time next week could be above us.

Draws to wins is the clubs biggest weakness the last 10 years

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep. agreed. and/or dropping points to lowly sides.

Klopp says Matip will miss 2 weeks with a groin strain, both Henderson and Gomez had minor concerns so they couldn't play the full game.

bloody hell we're cursed.

It's going to be a fun season watching City win by 20+ points with a +150 GD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back