Toast Robbie Gray announces his retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

Will play his final game against the Crows this weekend.

What a champion for the Port Adelaide footy club.

Such a shame he never got to play in a Grand Final

Definitely one of Port's finest ever players since joining the AFL.

Legend of our club, SANFL or AFL
Genuine match winner. 5 Showdown Medals, the St Kilda "Ryder to Gray" goal, the Carlton "Robbie Gray-t" post siren goal, 4 goals in 3rd qtr final v Freo in Perth.

Was over hyped when younger that he moved like a Gary Ablett jnr, but overcame a horror ACL and cancer to carve out his own place in the game.

Thanks for the memories Robbie.

Last edited:
Great player. Always felt like he kicked a few against my mob…but I have a feeling he did that to everyone.

Now it’s all said and done…better forward or midfielder? 🤔
Good midfielder, but I always felt he was most dangerous in front of the big sticks. Especially when a game was on the line.

Robbie Gray was a gun, always a fun player to watch and really clutch. Great career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, I would not have said Robbie Gray was drafted in 2006 at a guess.

Old school champion player.
Always delivered in big games.
Similar to Pavlich, had he played for a popular Melbournian club, his standing among supporters would be a little higher.

Shame his body broke down on him in later years.

Regularly destroyed the Crows, was a master at drawing infuriating free kicks and played for Port Adelaide of all teams, and yet, I could never hate him -

Wonderful career

Thoroughly enjoyable player to watch, despite lacking the athleticism that is so coveted in modern footballers. Just super talented with a great footy IQ, and agree, it's a shame those skills were never on display in a GF.

Damn good career nonetheless.

For as gun of a player he was, he never really got the respects from the umps in terms of Brownlow votes. There was one year, I think it was 2014 or 16 and everyone thought he was the Brownlow favourite and he finished no where near it. His highest number of votes is 19 and in his 16 year career has only polled double figures FIVE times...that's wild for a player of his caliber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back