When a player snubs the coach on national TV....

Remove this Banner Ad

The media vulture-parasites are at work... Rutten & Essendon are easy prey for them right now.

The clip is edited. Cornes & co are pushing their narrative, sensationalising, making that particular moment with Nick Hind look worse than it really was. Hind was pissed off and he obviously didn't want to talk to the coach. That happens. We've seen that sort of thing before from plenty of other players. They're not robots. His adrenalin levels are up. He is steamed up. He is also knackered and out of breath.

Then he calmed down and he probably did listen to Rutten, but the media snipped that bit out because it doesn't fit the narrative.

F**k the media

F**k Kane "troll" Cornes. I can't stand his brand of football infotainment.
I suspect you are on the money.
But I am surprised more at Rutten appearing to just take it from a player.

I remember when I was a kid, Shane Zantuck of Melbourne had to be pulled away from coach Ron Barassi.
He was pissed off with the coach, probably because Ron gave one of his famous sprays at Shane's expense and Shane in that moment was not accepting it. But unlike Rutten , Barassi did not back down. I think he kept walking towards Zantuck.

The majority of picky customers that I have dealt with in hospitality are middle-aged (35+). Most young people will just order an extra shot, or if they have dairy issues, lactose free milk. The “not too hot, almond milk, quarter strength” BS usually comes from middle-aged women (ie, The Karen). Young people are usually more polite on the whole, too. You get the odd person who won’t get off their phone when taking an order, but that isn’t just a young person thing.
Yeah but young Nick got a participation award once and society has been in a death spiral ever since. :drunk:

First job was at a cafe and agreed, was always the middle aged types who gave me the most grief. Learnt to put up with those who got a million variations just for the sake of it, but one thing I could never get over was the "3 quarter" latte order.

It's not on the menu and you know we'll charge you the same as a full one. People were actively willing to get less for their money just to be difficult (half the time they ordered another as it wasn't enough). The number of times I dreamed of walking over with a regular one and tipping 1/4 in their lap and saying "there you go, 3 qtr latte"
No wonder you had issues with customers if that was your attitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what happens when you fill this generations heads with only positive feedback. Teachers are not even allowed to tell them they have failed anything. They do not know how to take any sort of criticism.
So basically, your generation were s**t parents? That's the way you raised them

Just another media beat up, Hind has played in the next 2 games since that happened so Rutten and Essendon didn't seem to think this was a big deal.

If Essendon weren't flogged by Port with the media getting the knives out for Rutten then this incident with Hind wouldn't have even got a mention.
Concur and related, a genuine question out of left field.

Is it really someone's actual job/task to scroll through an entire match broadcast from all camera's, including change rooms etc. after every game to find something that could be 'newsworthy' and/or does this only occur when an editor/producer/journo/presenter is looking for related footage in support of a specific 'narrative'..?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back