Review Dogs scrape home against Oranges 62-57

Remove this Banner Ad

After watching the game again, three things:

No matter where, when or how, beating the Oranges is, and always will be, a thing of beauty. Grubby out, and then winning by a kick, actually makes it all the more enjoyable. For me, anyway.

Keeffe's "shepherd" on Dunks late in the 3rd quarter was every bit as dangerous as Cordy's alleged misdemeanour. Should also be reportable. As if it will be 😕

Westy looks ready for the midfield. He firstly ragdolled Coniglio in a fierce contest then later decked Hopper in a crunching head-on, sending that player off the ground for treatment. If Dunks happens to leave, Rhylee West come on down!
West should be getting CBAs now more then Smith he’s much better inside then him and actually puts on defensive pressure

Rewatching the second half now, my lord Naughts got some harsh treatment on a lot of 50/50’s. Hope they show him the tape and tell him he’s actually had quite a good game.

he got robbed twice of marks inside 50 (he also controlled the one in my view they gave Jamarra), didn't get the Hawkins tax for another and whilst I probably thought his snap did hit the post, the snicko evidence wasn't really conclusive.

Could have easily kicked 3 goals plus had another 2 shots (albeit difficult ones from the boundary).

That was actually ******* unbelievable to read holy s**t - some of those quotes…

“Careless, high and too the body”
Okay?

“The force was excessive for a bump”

Since when is this a *ing rule?!?!? You can’t just make up rules - so now you can’t execute a bump too forceful? What’s the limit of force?

“Cordy had other options he could have corralled with his arms out”

Um at pace? That’s called a free kick for holding the man, and possibly us losing the game.

The fact that the AFL are arguing that he could have chosen other methods, but he chose to execute a perfectly legal bump within the rules is just crazy to me, I can’t believe there’s not more being spoken About this

Could be flat out incompetence but could also be the AFL trying to future-proof themselves from concussion lawsuits. This way at some point, if need be, they can demonstrate that they tried to clamp down on actions that can/did cause concussion, even if it has no chance of actually succeeding in getting the player suspended in the present. My baseless theory at least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be flat out incompetence but could also be the AFL trying to future-proof themselves from concussion lawsuits. This way at some point, if need be, they can demonstrate that they tried to clamp down on actions that can/did cause concussion, even if it has no chance of actually succeeding in getting the player suspended in the present. My baseless theory at least.
Perhaps the game should just be abolished. It’s too dangerous.

Cannot believe that went to the tribunal based on contact to the body. I figured the only chance it was getting looked at was if footage showed some level of contact from Cordy's shoulder/head to Bruhn's head. Instead they're arguing whiplash and him hitting his head on the turf!

If the AFL were successful it would have changed the game as we know it and not in a good direction. Would they really want that?

I understand they are rightly doing what they can to minimise concussion and it will get more strict as time goes on, but Cordy was standing still and bracing for impact when it occurred. Textbook.

Would have loved for us to argue that there was nothing careless about it. The action was intentional as it gets because it was within the ******* rules and perfecty fair
That would be brilliant if the official verdict read that the panel accepted the WB's defence that the act was intentional and therefore dismissed the careless conduct charge.

But actually he was never charged🤔. Maybe Cordy should seek compensation from them for wasting his time.

I mean what if it was Cordy's night to cook for his housemates? Who would feed them?

The AFL could be opening themselves up to litigation by 3rd parties affected by their unreasonable tribunal referrals and hearings.

Last edited:
He (Baz) didn’t use to be that bad did he?

Good question, I guess him getting a lot more of the pill this year means he will have more clangers than previously, but by * I genuinely get concerned at any attempt he has at a genuine pass. Become one of the worst kicks in the team, and that's saying something. I'm happiest when he's just blindly bombing it to a contested pack 50m away. Does the least self-inflicted damage with that kick.

Worse this year than he used to be but I thought his delivery was much improved last Saturday, his goal on the run was a beauty.
I think he's better off having a shot than trying to hit a target inside 50... I'd give him Green light to take a shot from within range (inside 60)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back