Carlton: Home/Navy v Collingwood: Clash/White
St Kilda: Home/Black v Sydney: V/Red

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
If Freo don't wear the purple jumper/white shorts combo against GWS, then they never will. Giants wore their orange clash earlier in the year when they played away to Freo though, so that doesn't bode well. Hawks the only other team I could see Freo wearing that combo against, but its really not much different to GWS so it should be both or neither.

Sydney should be in the V this week, but I do also tend to think that we may possibly see them in white shorts for this one.

If Freo don't wear the purple jumper/white shorts combo against GWS, then they never will. Giants wore their orange clash earlier in the year when they played away to Freo though, so that doesn't bode well. Hawks the only other team I could see Freo wearing that combo against, but its really not much different to GWS so it should be both or neither.

Sydney should be in the V this week, but I do also tend to think that we may possibly see them in white shorts for this one.

It won’t matter if swans wear white or red shorts, because the same amount of red and white is on the saints jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
It won’t matter if swans wear white or red shorts, because the same amount of red and white is on the saints jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think about it in terms of comparing it to Essendon. In that game, Swans in white/red was fine, but they only shared the one mutual colour. This time around, there will be two mutual colours, so I think trying to get the Swans in an overall dominant single colour would be the better way to go. I really don't have any precedent to go on with this, its just kind of a hunch.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were in red shorts. I could honestly see it going either way, and red shorts would probably still be ok. But all white would provide the greater contrast, and the Swans seem to be pretty good at doing that.

CollarJazzKnee

All Australian
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers

Reckon the only time they’ll wear home/white combo is away to north and hawthorn and that’s it

CollarJazzKnee

All Australian
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Tonight is going to be so messy. Brisbane in white shorts would provide most contrast?

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Until a few rounds ago. Game against Adelaide was when you guys were put back in Blue shorts
Sure but I don’t think that’s an us being “stubborn” issue. We had no problem with white shorts at home for the first 3 quarters of the year.

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would be the club otherwise Geelong would be in Blue shorts as well.
Would have thought AFL gets the final say. The club is well within their rights to ask for blue shorts at home.

Geelong have been content with white at home for a long time now (other than 2019).

Back