Universal Love The Jason Taylor Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think Gold coast had 3 and 7 and we had 10 and we traded them 10 a future first as well as a bunch of late picks. Northern clubs were keen to get better picks in future drafts while hoarding late picks to make up the points. I'm pretty sure they changed it so you could only go to the draft with as many picks as you had list positions to close the loophole.
Yep. This is the bit that stopped what we were able to do with the Oliver/Weid pics

It's not one thing mate, it was Paul Roos building a culture, Peter Jackson stabilizing the off field, Nathan Jones an Daniel Cross setting training standards, JT drafting guns with high picks, the players pact, Josh Mahoney trading in some guns, Goodwin ******* off Hogan and Watts etc etc.
This is so true. It's so tempting to want to point at a silver bullet, or one person who is responsible, but in reality it takes 50-100 people all working in unison at a high standard for a sustained period.

I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember a comment about Neal-Bullen from 2-3 years ago saying that he was as responsible for driving high standards amongst the playing group as anyone. If enough people in all facets of the club take this approach then that leads to success

To further my scepticism on his brilliance.
Swans backline on the weekend

Tom McCartin - Pick 33
Patty McCartin - Rookie
Jake Lloyd - Rookie
Dane Rampe - Rookie
Robbie Fox - Rookie
Nick Blakey - Pick 10

Our backline

Steven May - Pick 5
Jake Lever - 2x First round
Harrison Petty - Pick 37
Christian Salem - Pick 9
Jayden Hunt - Rookie
Trent Rivers - Pick 32

Chad Warner - Pick 39
Tom Papley - Rookie
Will Hayward - Pick 21
Errol Gulden - Pick 32

Those 4 players are better kicks and can all kick goals that Spargo/Sparrow and ANB can't. Huge difference between their HFFs and ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back