Preview Round 23, 2022: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Swans

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were mentally done.
Understandably.

Think we’re still suffering from the way the list was topped up for Ross too.
Not now I don’t think but if we had our time again I would hope they did the same thing. Chips all in. We weren’t coming back from those 2 losses however tge list was handled. The players were mentally shot.

Not now I don’t think but if we had our time again I would hope they did the same thing. Chips all in. We weren’t coming back from those 2 losses however tge list was handled. The players were mentally shot.
I get why he did it I think, but it didn’t do our list any favours.
It’s taken a long time to get the demographics and balance right - and I’m not sure we’re there yet.

I get why he did it I think, but it didn’t do our list any favours.
It’s taken a long time to get the demographics and balance right - and I’m not sure we’re there yet.
I’d blame Watters and pelchen for that. Ask rooy bj Lenny chips if you can get a visit dal etc. they said they completely stuffed the club up after the heartbreak of 9 and 10.

I’d blame Watters and pelchen for that. Ask rooy bj Lenny chips if you can get a visit dal etc. they said they completely stuffed the club up after the heartbreak of 9 and 10.
I agree, they were both horrible, but I think Pelchen’s whole plan ( ill advised as it turned out to be) was to try and get 2 for 1 to fill in the hole in the middle age of players we had.

I could well be mistaken, memory could be wrong, but I think he tried drastic measures to replace the age group we were missing because Ross hadn’t gone much to the draft.

I agree, they were both horrible, but I think Pelchen’s whole plan ( ill advised as it turned out to be) was to try and get 2 for 1 to fill in the hole in the middle age of players we had.

I could well be mistaken, memory could be wrong, but I think he tried drastic measures to replace the age group we were missing because Ross hadn’t gone much to the draft.
Certainly was his plan. The problem was losing legends and getting 2 ordinary picks instead of one good pick or better still keep the older stars and build around them. It was such a bad time to draft picks because 2 new sides came into the afl.

Don’t you like finals? I love the finals. The footy just goes up by a huge margin. Umpiring also better. Huge crowds And the grand finals are just something else. Only missed 2 in the last 38 years.
We’re not there so checked out.
Won’t be fervently watching though no.

I know my interest in football dropped by 90% after 2010. Only went to half the home games in 2011 after not missing one for 20 years. I did wonder at the time how the players felt. They must have been affected.

Certainly was his plan. The problem was losing legends and getting 2 ordinary picks instead of one good pick or better still keep the older stars and build around them. It was such a bad time to draft picks because 2 new sides came into the afl.
Yes. A perfect storm.
Those compromised drafts were terrible for the bottom teams and allowed the Hawks and other top teams to stay up there for longer unchallenged.

2023…

FB: Wilkie - Howard - xxxx
HB: xxxx - Battle - Sinclair
C: Ross - Windhager - xxxx
HF: xxxx - xxxx - Owens
FF: Membrey - King - xxxx
Foll: Marshall - Steele - Crouch

Everything else is absolutely open for debate.

Everything.

Mackenzie is a wing if healthy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know my interest in football dropped by 90% after 2010. Only went to half the home games in 2011 after not missing one for 20 years. I did wonder at the time how the players felt. They must have been affected.
They certainly were. Then on top of that we went to Seaford soon after. The guys running the club back then really stuffed up a chance of us becoming a much bigger club. I think that’s why I don’t equate success as a ceo to making finals. They were nearly incompetent but we nearly won 2 grand finals.

Yes. A perfect storm.
Those compromised drafts were terrible for the bottom teams and allowed the Hawks and other top teams to stay up there for longer unchallenged.
But that’s how stupid we were. We weren’t close to a bottom side. We should have kept everyone and stayed up the top of the ladder. It was so obvious. The only thing in their defence was maybe the players were so mentally shot they knew that was impossible. I’m not even sure the players realised how mentally shot they were. Matter of fact I’m certain. It was still a pathetic time though having those 2 clowns in charge.

Fair effort. I can't be arsed most of the time. Too much hassle.
You're dead right. Why do it to yourself? I pay for a month at the beginning of the year over here, which if I time it right gets me five games of Fox footy. After five rounds you have a feel for where the club is at..which makes it usually a one off payment when it comes to the Saints. This year I paid for an extra month after the bye, since we looked good and the competition more difficult. Thought there would be some heart in mouth close games...I was wrong. Very, very wrong...instead of heart in mouth I got splenetic bile.

You're dead right. Why do it to yourself? I pay for a month at the beginning of the year over here, which if I time it right gets me five games of Fox footy. After five rounds you have a feel for where the club is at..which makes it usually a one off payment when it comes to the Saints. This year I paid for an extra month after the bye, since we looked good and the competition more difficult. Thought there would be some heart in mouth close games...I was wrong. Very, very wrong...instead of heart in mouth I got splenetic bile.
What do you have to watch it over there? AFL International pass or something?

I have a Kayo subscription that I only use during the AFL season, and I can just stream for free all the NFL and EPL games on streaming sites (limited amount of NFL on Kayo and no EPL).

I usually just run the Kayo subscription between March-September each year, comes to about $150 total. Entire season for $150 compared to spending $150 every week going to a game. I'll usually go to marquee games or if someone I know wants to go, otherwise I stay home. My membership is just a donation to the club usually, plus I don't want to ruin my consecutive years of membership.

Yeah, I can't get Kayo over here. So the international pass is my only option. There used to be heaps of sites where you either got a slightly delayed stream of reasonable enough quality, or paid around a fiver for a very good quality stream, but they've been either shut down, or made very hard to access. I should get a VPN like everyone else over here, but I'm lazy, and only half understand what it's all about 🤣

List Mgmt. - 2018 St Kilda Trade Thread Part 2
What do you have to watch it over there? AFL International pass or something?

I have a Kayo subscription that I only use during the AFL season, and I can just stream for free all the NFL and EPL games on streaming sites (limited amount of NFL on Kayo and no EPL).

I usually just run the Kayo subscription between March-September each year, comes to about $150 total. Entire season for $150 compared to spending $150 every week going to a game. I'll usually go to marquee games or if someone I know wants to go, otherwise I stay home. My membership is just a donation to the club usually, plus I don't want to ruin my consecutive years of membership.
Good thing is with a Saints international membership, you automatically get the international subscription included so it’s a good deal and you keep your membership running as an overseas person (I also get a social club and reserved seat if the club is going well to support them even if I can’t get to games and in case we make the granny. Probably won’t next year though, a small protest at the performance this year 😉).

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Tom Campbell get a game. I think he's a pretty capable player who was unlucky not to get more of a run this season. His only game was played in horrid conditions that did not suit a ruck/forward at all. If he puts in a good showing then surely he gets another year.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Tom Campbell get a game. I think he's a pretty capable player who was unlucky not to get more of a run this season. His only game was played in horrid conditions that did not suit a ruck/forward at all. If he puts in a good showing then surely he gets another year.
Yep - I've always thought that 11 possessions, 10 hit outs and 3 clearances from 50% game time was enough for him to get another look in when either Marshall or Ryder was unavailable especially given the conditions for that game. Hope he has a good game.

I think Ryder may be done, so I'd sign him up for another year but that will depend a fair bit on whether there's another younger ruck/forward we've got our eyes on.

The tail wagged the dog in best Saints tradition- that's why Watters got the flick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back