Preview Round 23, 2022: St.Kilda v Sydney - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 21st August, 4:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Swans

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tail wagged the dog in best Saints tradition- that's why Watters got the flick
He got the flick because he lost the players. That’s on him. Nothing to do with the players. You cannot have a coach the players won’t play for because of ridiculous mixed messaging. I’m not sure we have many examples of the players get rid of the coaches at all. I think people just use these same sort of words without thinking when it’s actually happened. It’s like some saying play your best side tomorrow so we at least competitive but then not telling us who should play and who shouldn’t. The way I see the side tomorrow is our best 22 are playing. Our 23rd man certainly isn’t in our best side but I hardly think that will may much of a difference. Matter of fact with us having nothing to play for and Sydney having a home final to play for emotion may be our only weapon. We will still get smashed either way

Yep - I've always thought that 11 possessions, 10 hit outs and 3 clearances from 50% game time was enough for him to get another look in when either Marshall or Ryder was unavailable especially given the conditions for that game. Hope he has a good game.

I think Ryder may be done, so I'd sign him up for another year but that will depend a fair bit on whether there's another younger ruck/forward we've got our eyes on.
I know you disagree on this but Marshall plays his best football as the sole ruck so Campbell has to play mainly forward. Like Marshall he is an ordinary forward. I agree paddy is probably done and they may keep Campbell but the perfect type we would like is a forward ruck like a lobb. That’s why I’d stay clear of Grundy. Again not the type we need. And unfortunately lobb looks bound for the dogs which isn’t good for Brucey.

What do you have to watch it over there? AFL International pass or something?

I have a Kayo subscription that I only use during the AFL season, and I can just stream for free all the NFL and EPL games on streaming sites (limited amount of NFL on Kayo and no EPL).

I usually just run the Kayo subscription between March-September each year, comes to about $150 total. Entire season for $150 compared to spending $150 every week going to a game. I'll usually go to marquee games or if someone I know wants to go, otherwise I stay home. My membership is just a donation to the club usually, plus I don't want to ruin my consecutive years of membership.
I wish I was that smart. I have full Foxtel at $140 a month and another 2 boxes in 2 other rooms which are $15 a month each and I live on my own. I want to get rid of most of my Foxtel package but you get Foxtel go which I have 5 family and friends using and they would kill me if I had a limited package. Still can’t work out why I have 2 other boxes. They haven’t been used for many years and I’m to lazy to cancel or think one day I may need them. I should just have kayo as I go to most games every year and if I’m not going I have local footy on anyway or it’s interstate. My mate and I have have a rule that we must attend 2 or 3 interstate games every year baring a pandemic of course. Kept to it for the last 21 years. My record is 5 so those that do every game are my hero’s. The cost is massive on 2 or 3. Maybe they aren’t drinking as much as we do on our holiday.

I know you disagree on this but Marshall plays his best football as the sole ruck so Campbell has to play mainly forward. Like Marshall he is an ordinary forward. I agree paddy is probably done and they may keep Campbell but the perfect type we would like is a forward ruck like a lobb. That’s why I’d stay clear of Grundy. Again not the type we need. And unfortunately lobb looks bound for the dogs which isn’t good for Brucey.
I think you'll find that that's what I've been saying all along.

They should have played Campbell more this year and even if he is an "ordinary" forward, he has played that role many many many times, and having another big body forward has always made life easier for King.

Agree - I wouldn't be chasing Grundy - too similar to Marshall.

As for Lobb - well he'll go where the money is. If we have enough, he'll be interested so that may depend on what happens with De Goey.

He got the flick because he lost the players. That’s on him. Nothing to do with the players. You cannot have a coach the players won’t play for because of ridiculous mixed messaging. I’m not sure we have many examples of the players get rid of the coaches at all. I think people just use these same sort of words without thinking when it’s actually happened. It’s like some saying play your best side tomorrow so we at least competitive but then not telling us who should play and who shouldn’t. The way I see the side tomorrow is our best 22 are playing. Our 23rd man certainly isn’t in our best side but I hardly think that will may much of a difference. Matter of fact with us having nothing to play for and Sydney having a home final to play for emotion may be our only weapon. We will still get smashed either way
A couple of the young guys down there at the time told me was good and the younger brigade liked him, and it was a handful of the older players who wanted things done their way, kept cracking the sads and were peed-off that they got beaten in the final and Lyon left- all the clap trap about mixed messaging was a smoke screen. Mind you I'm not saying he was any kind of coach, but never really got a good crack at putting his systems into place, and suggesting a rebuild was the last straw for those above him. Time to move on.

A couple of the young guys down there at the time told me was good and the younger brigade liked him, and it was a handful of the older players who wanted things done their way, kept cracking the sads and were peed-off that they got beaten in the final and Lyon left- all the clap trap about mixed messaging was a smoke screen. Mind you I'm not saying he was any kind of coach, but never really got a good crack at putting his systems into place, and suggesting a rebuild was the last straw for those above him. Time to move on.
Well I’ve heard from both young and older guys down there and I couldn’t disagree more. As you say it’s in the past. Pelchen was really the problem anyway.

I wish I was that smart. I have full Foxtel at $140 a month and another 2 boxes in 2 other rooms which are $15 a month each and I live on my own. I want to get rid of most of my Foxtel package but you get Foxtel go which I have 5 family and friends using and they would kill me if I had a limited package. Still can’t work out why I have 2 other boxes. They haven’t been used for many years and I’m to lazy to cancel or think one day I may need them. I should just have kayo as I go to most games every year and if I’m not going I have local footy on anyway or it’s interstate. My mate and I have have a rule that we must attend 2 or 3 interstate games every year baring a pandemic of course. Kept to it for the last 21 years. My record is 5 so those that do every game are my hero’s. The cost is massive on 2 or 3. Maybe they aren’t drinking as much as we do on our holiday.
I pay for kayo during the season and a kodi box for everything else.
Cancelled foxtel, prime, Netflix.

I just waste money. Got Stan which I hardly ever watch and also Netflix which I do watch. I need to save some money.
A good strategy people do is rotate through them all one at a time. Watch what you want from one for a month or two, cancel and move on to the next one.

I should really follow my own advice but of course the missus has shows she NEEDS to watch on 5 services at the same time.

A good strategy people do is rotate through them all one at a time. Watch what you want from one for a month or two, cancel and move on to the next one.

I should really follow my own advice but of course the missus has shows she NEEDS to watch on 5 services at the same time.
The best way would be to get Stan or Netflix and probably the others as well and share with 3 or 4 people but that would actually save money and be far to sensible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best way would be to get Stan or Netflix and probably the others as well and share with 3 or 4 people but that would actually save money and be far to sensible.

True but apparently Netflix are trying to crack down on that. If they succeed you can bet the others will follow

The elephant in the room is Foxtel if you want to save money.

Android TV, Kodi app. Watch Fox footy. Cost per month zero. Combine it with a VPN like Nord, Cyberhost or Express around $60 per year and get U.S and U.K Netflix catalogue instead of our limited one.

So they tell me. Of course I don't do it. 😉

Foxtel prices are a disgrace but as I mentioned earlier I have family and friends who watch my Foxtel on Foxtel go and they would kill me if I lowered the package or even worse got rid of it.
You have two options - give Foxtel the flick and get Kayo and BINGE to replace it. Cost about $40 pcm. (Best Option)
Option 2 is when your Foxtel contract is up - call them and tell them it's costing you too much and you are thinking of getting
rid of it. They will offer you a lower priced deal. Tell them, no, I have to think about it, that's still too much. Then they will
offer you another cheaper deal for 12 months. You can take that and save some bucks. If your not using those other boxes
obviously get rid of them.

Not now I don’t think but if we had our time again I would hope they did the same thing. Chips all in. We weren’t coming back from those 2 losses however tge list was handled. The players were mentally shot.
Add I losses in 2004 and 2005 prelims, it does take its toll mentally on the players.

(2008 we had no chance, I dare say more easy to recover from)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back