Toast Cripps (VC), Saad, Charlie named in the 2022 AA side!

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
The 5 ...

Cripps
Curnow
Saad
Walsh
Weitering

No Doc :huh:

Five Carlton players have been named in the All-Australian squad, ahead of Wednesday’s final team announcement.

Expanded from a squad of 40 to one of 44 this year, the handful of Carlton players named have been included for their standout roles played over the course of the season

44 man squad ...

FavyjISaIAADVMc

Cool! We did have some very strong individual performers this year. Which makes it all the more confounding that as a group we couldn't perform better.

I thought Weiters was definitely there before he got hurt, but hasn't been up to the same level at all since returning. Doc possibly stiff.

Great to see some Blues being recognised!

It really does highlight the steep drop off on our list from top 5-8 to the bottom 6.
We basically have 8-10 AA calibre players and then a bottom 12 each week. Those bottom 12 are prone to have droppable games, not bad games but droppable games. Gap between best and worst is easy to wide (and their best isn't that good)

Need 5-6 to step up to becoming good and consistent AFL players

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoroughly deserved. Doc unlucky.

Interested to see how many make the final side. Guessing 3 of them, Curnow the only one I'm willing to put money on.
Yeah Curnow is a certainty, Saad and Cripps a decent chance, Walsh a little chance and weitering no chance imo

Will Cripps first 2 months be so dominate he gets picked, form after then was a bit up and down, last few weeks may save him

Saad was consistent and went to another level the 2nd half of the year, overtook doc and probably came down to either of them for a spot in the squad

Walsh got a lot of the ball but impact was down. More an accumulator this year, will his numbers seduce the selectors?

I'm surprised weitering was in the squad but it has been an average year for key backmen

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weitering was only included because they robbed him of two all australian jackets already, so he got a pitty squad invitation but won't make the final team due to games missed through injury and a dropoff late in the season.

Docherty very stiff to miss, I'd have him in ahead of Weitering and Walsh.

1661154340096.png

Yes I know stats aren't everything but Docherty does all the hard/team stuff too and still can't get in the 40 man squad yet Wilkie,Cox,Fritsch,Weitering(maybe a nod after being forgotten when he actually deserved AA last 2 years) get in the squad and no Nick Daicos too his first season has been unbelievable.
OGC.063a9bccce3c83bd273756c4c627258a

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Callum Mills even that good? (Bring on the LOL emojis).

Taylor Walker. Spew

View attachment 1487420

Yes I know stats aren't everything but Docherty does all the hard/team stuff too and still can't get in the 40 man squad yet Wilkie,Cox,Fritsch,Weitering(maybe a nod after being forgotten when he actually deserved AA last 2 years) get in the squad and no Nick Daicos too his first season has been unbelievable.
OGC.063a9bccce3c83bd273756c4c627258a

What comparison site are you using mate?

Curnow full forward
Cripps bench
How weitering made it is beyond me , must have been from previous years

There are some definite participation awards going on in that 44 squad. How Daicos or even Docherty don’t get in ahead of some of that lot is absolutely mind boggling. Daicos would be on a lot of people’s first 22.

There are some definite participation awards going on in that 44 squad. How Daicos or even Docherty don’t get in ahead of some of that lot is absolutely mind boggling. Daicos would be on a lot of people’s first 22.
Phenomenal debut season, not AA worthy. Had a six week stretch where he was brilliant (averaging 32 disposals). Outside of that, very solid but not AA calibre.

Just shows the talent we have. That list doesn’t include the likes of Hewett Cerra Doc and McKay.

We will get there eventually as the talent is undeniable

Just shows the talent we have. That list doesn’t include the likes of Hewett Cerra Doc and McKay.

We will get there eventually as the talent is undeniable
My team

Maynard Barass May
Sinclair Taylor Stewart
Warner Miller Angus Brayshaw
Petraccca J Cameron Bolton
Stengel Curnow Heeney
Gawn Oliver Neale
Blicavs Cripps Bontompelli Rozee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back