EPL Matchday 3 - On Optus Sport

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Assuming by your post (I’m using Tapatalk so can’t see location) you’re in the UK?

Give me a DM if you ever plan to come to Hamburg or Dortmund - I’ll try my best to get a couple tickets. Dortmund is easier than St Pauli due to capacity, but generally I’ll be standing here if I get a ticket to the Millentor (a good 40-50% of the capacity is standing).

Good excuse to watch Irvine and Metcalfe too
fd649d80d09fed684ef6418d3f8d3a07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love it and love standing. Yeah I'm just outside London in Hertfordshire. Will take you up on that offer at some stage mate. Sounds awesome. With standing tickets do you get allocated an area or can you choose where you stand?

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
Love it and love standing. Yeah I'm just outside London in Hertfordshire. Will take you up on that offer at some stage mate. Sounds awesome. With standing tickets do you get allocated an area or can you choose where you stand?

Basically you get given a stand (either south where the ultras are, the Gegengerade wing or the north near the away section) and then are free to move wherever you want. It’s hard to get in as the standing places are all season ticket holders and generally not on the second hand market, so I’ll either buy extra cards through friends or buy in the stadium car park. Usually good to get a ticket before though, it’s nice to get in an hour before kickoff, get your beer, find a good spot and watch the warm up’s.

If you want a seat it’s much easier for low pulling opposition. Only issue is you can only buy a ticket with a fan account (which are free but exhausted this year) and one ticket per account.

So it’s not easy, but definitely do-able.

I was at the game against Magdeburg last week. East German supporters. Was crazy. No alcohol allowed for this game. Magdeburg were down 3-0 fairly quickly but their fans were loud till the end. I love that.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Basically you get given a stand (either south where the ultras are, the Gegengerade wing or the north near the away section) and then are free to move wherever you want. It’s hard to get in as the standing places are all season ticket holders and generally not on the second hand market, so I’ll either buy extra cards through friends or buy in the stadium car park. Usually good to get a ticket before though, it’s nice to get in an hour before kickoff, get your beer, find a good spot and watch the warm up’s.

If you want a seat it’s much easier for low pulling opposition. Only issue is you can only buy a ticket with a fan account (which are free but exhausted this year) and one ticket per account.

So it’s not easy, but definitely do-able.

I was at the game against Magdeburg last week. East German supporters. Was crazy. No alcohol allowed for this game. Magdeburg were down 3-0 fairly quickly but their fans were loud till the end. I love that.

What made you move to Germany? Work I am guessing?

wadistance

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2011
Hamburg, DE
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
BvB, Boston Celtics
What made you move to Germany? Work I am guessing?

German missus since 2012, then our first was born in 2016. We lived in Sydney, but I’m from Perth and she’s from here. So we decided to move over here start of 2018 to be closer to at least one set of grandparents.

Best thing I’ve done tbh. Learnt a new language, great healthcare and social security, lots of benefits for parents. Have been a lifelong Borussia fan (much to her disgust) and her family live 10k from the stadium, so it’s handy for that. Chance to travel all of Europe visa free.

Work was tricky to start with, as my teaching degree wasn’t initially recognised here. But been working at a bilingual German/English school since 2020. Could see myself here for another 5-10 years easily.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Generally there’s 2-3 guys with their backs mostly to the game. The rest are watching/singing. Remember this is the active support, so in a stadium of 81,349 - 30,000 are making lots of noise (including away active support) and the rest are generally sitting/watching/singing a bit after goals.

For me I love this. Standing behind the goals, seeing the game, getting drenched in beer after goals, and not spending more than 30€ inc 3-4 beers.

This video gives a good example. Lyrics translation in English

“And if you win the game,
we'll stand here and sing: Borussia, Borussia BVB!
And if you lose the game, at the bottom, then we stand here and sing: Borussia, Borussia BVB!
Whatever happens, we'll stand by you until death and sing for you, for you Borussia. Borussia BVB!”

Have to admit the BVB fans are some of the loudest in the world.

They love it.

When in reality it's 300 people going to watch their team play.

They probably dont care that they didn't choose a team with a lot of success or long history, it's just their team. No matter what entitled football snobs think.

Big Unit 30

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🐅⏰
May 3, 2015
Playboy Mansion
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Cubs Blackhawks Fulham Ivanhoe FC
Yep. Lokomotiv and Chemie both play in the regional league. There’s some proper good old fashioned bloc teams in there
864da77cf0214ba5b9edf721aa078f59.jpg

Late reply but are you aware there’s a side in the lower levels called Tasmania Berlin that’s actually named after the little island in Oz?!
Bordering on bizarre that connection

Back