Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : Jai “Duke” Newcombe - 2022 AFLCA Best Young Player, extends to 2026!

Hodgey09

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Who votes for the rising star and the results V the results of the coaches paid to lead these teams and analyse the leagues players says it all.

* yeah Jai.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1661335733232.png

Ling just glad he doesn't have to play on someone like Jai and bitter that Hawthorn have been able to land him for bugger all capital.

Anyone else ever played around with AI generated articles?

View attachment 1488129
Looking forward to season 2026 when Daicos is finally ready to make his long awaited move into the midfield and then this article can be brought to life with Daicos in place of Tippa.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Only voter to not give three to Jai was that moron Ling.
Having him on the panel shows how the Rising Star should be viewed. lmao
Still remember the Essendon mafia pumping up McGrath in the news in the weeks leading up to voting.
It was even worst when Darcy and Richo were on Rising Star selection committee a couple of years ago.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, pies fans are a different bunch. Made a comment on Facebook and they lynched, had one dm me after I deleted it (wasn't worth the continual comments).

Wow, just wow...
Facebook comment sections are the dregs of society.

Wow, pies fans are a different bunch. Made a comment on Facebook and they lynched, had one dm me after I deleted it (wasn't worth the continual comments).

Wow, just wow...

Deactivating Facebook was one of the best mental health decisions I ever made. Highly recommend anyone does it.

Oh, it makes me laugh, but the first time I've had people attack me

My mate is well meaning but quite often gets into intense arguments about cricket on there and people just unleash on him. It's just bizarre. I gave up on footy pages on the socials well before I gave up on Facebook entirely. I used to cop so much vitriol for having the gall to not want the Raiders to be s**t in the NRL.

AFLCA award means so much more than the Media Flog award. Great work Nuke - what an absolute champion we have got.
Absolutely. Massive credit to the lad.

Hmm let me think who are the better judges...media personalities, past players or AFL officials or the coaches...

The people who vote on the Rising Star don't even watch every game. It is ridiculous and that is why it is so highly influenced by the media.

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hmm let me think who are the better judges...media personalities, past players or AFL officials or the coaches...

The people who vote on the Rising Star don't even watch every game. It is ridiculous and that is why it is so highly influenced by the media.
Yeah many of them come Sunday arvo are at a winery somewhere checking to see what the score is!

Back