Prediction Predicted top 5's for the Kevin Sheedy medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the best year results wise, but still some strong individual performances.
1. Steven Cognilio- very consistent season who will poll well in most games. Won the board big footy BnF in a canter
2. Josh Kelly - always polls well , does what the coaches want which gets votes
3. Sam Taylor -. Brilliant, could easily win it
4. Harry Himmelberg - My dark horse, was good in the early rounds and very influential when pushed back.
5. Isaac Cumming- ripping year

I don't think anyone outside the top 4 can win it.
Interesting to see how others view it

1. Stephen Coniglio - consistently performed well throughout the year and only missed 1 game; would be a fitting reward
2. Sam Taylor - he should be either 2nd or 3rd, he just seemed to have a quiet start to the year that might not garner the votes to stay with the consistency of votes that Cogs likely recorded, but he should have received votes across most games given how he played
3. Josh Kelly - should garner votes across the whole year, but had a few quieter patches during the year that I expect will cost him votes; likely 2nd or 3rd depending on how the coaches see him "doing his job"
4. Tom Green - I expect he'll poll well the first 9 weeks (first 6 the board voters saw him as first or second, and he got a few MVGs, then nothing lower than 4th) but then he dropped off - whether he keeps a few votes trickling in during later games will determine how high he finishes
5. Isaac Cumming - looking at our board voting, he's the other player who stands out as being fairly consistent in getting some votes; with the coaches rewarding a player for "doing their job", I'd expect that consistency to get him into the top 5.

Himmelberg and Hogan are two who are likely to poll OK, but I just don't think they'll get votes as consistently as the 5 above.

Good luck to everyone, though.

1. Stephen Coniglio - consistently performed well throughout the year and only missed 1 game; would be a fitting reward
2. Sam Taylor - he should be either 2nd or 3rd, he just seemed to have a quiet start to the year that might not garner the votes to stay with the consistency of votes that Cogs likely recorded, but he should have received votes across most games given how he played
3. Josh Kelly - should garner votes across the whole year, but had a few quieter patches during the year that I expect will cost him votes; likely 2nd or 3rd depending on how the coaches see him "doing his job"
4. Tom Green - I expect he'll poll well the first 9 weeks (first 6 the board voters saw him as first or second, and he got a few MVGs, then nothing lower than 4th) but then he dropped off - whether he keeps a few votes trickling in during later games will determine how high he finishes
5. Isaac Cumming - looking at our board voting, he's the other player who stands out as being fairly consistent in getting some votes; with the coaches rewarding a player for "doing their job", I'd expect that consistency to get him into the top 5.

Himmelberg and Hogan are two who are likely to poll OK, but I just don't think they'll get votes as consistently as the 5 above.

Good luck to everyone, though.
Will be interesting to see where Tom Green finishes, I think he was too quiet in the middle, I would have him 6th on my list.

As I said in the OP, I expect Himmelberg to poll really well.

1 - Tie - Cogs and Taylor (I will go there. Taylor started a bit meh and Cogs had steady games)
3 - Josh Kelly
4 - Harry Himmelberg
5 - Isaac Cumming

Expect Taylor to win but could also see Perryman poll well given how much McVeigh has talked him up in just about every post match interview.
Perryman missed a few games at the beginning and chunk with the Ribs that will rule him out.

Expect Taylor to win but could also see Perryman poll well given how much McVeigh has talked him up in just about every post match interview.
Only problem is the games he missed. The voting format favours those you played more games, providing they performed their role relatively well. Of course, the fact that we were crap as a side may help his cause as the coaches won't give votes in bad losses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back