2022/23 Melbourne Victory Thread - R.I.P OSM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have any more practice games? This can't come soon enough. "footy" isn't doing anything for me at all anymore.
we do have the NPL games and Afghans women games if you are desperare

Some of the comments on this post, it's the first time in 17 years I feel like walking away from the club. Never thought I'd say something like that. The sheer number of morons with half a brain cell between them that this club has is troubling. Maybe I'll just support the players. The vile morons aren't my people.

Some of the comments on this post, it's the first time in 17 years I feel like walking away from the club. Never thought I'd say something like that. The sheer number of morons with half a brain cell between them that this club has is troubling. Maybe I'll just support the players. The vile morons aren't my people.

After what happen last season with Carvello I’m actually proud of the club to get behind this. A few dickheads should not harm the enjoyment of anyone attending a Victory match.

I don’t have Instagram so can’t read the comments but I’m not surprised of the vile trash that is posted. Very disappointing.

Friendly played tonight, Melbourne Victory vs Northcote City. 7-0 win. Nani 2 goals and an assist in a half.

A mate and I went along to this the other night - 7 years I’ve been living around Northcote/Thornbury waiting for the Victory to play Northcote City. Didn’t think it’d ever happen, cos we seem to play our friendlies against the same teams.

Can’t say we were paying heaps of attention, I hadn’t seen him since last year before my road trip - I was a bit stunned to see Nani though.

If we’re half decent this season, this Nani/D’Agostino partnership is going to get the casuals back.

After what happen last season with Carvello I’m actually proud of the club to get behind this. A few dickheads should not harm the enjoyment of anyone attending a Victory match.

I don’t have Instagram so can’t read the comments but I’m not surprised of the vile trash that is posted. Very disappointing.

Great stuff. The few dickheads still stuck in the 1980s won't be welcome at matches with attitudes like that. Everyone else can enjoy it.

Big win up in Queensland! We take on Brisbane Roar in our next Friendly

301798821_145946158124741_952065152905573610_n.jpg

Rumours picking up that Terry Antonis is on his way back.

Yes, I have been hearing that today. Would be a quality pickup even with the recycled player vibes.

I can see the headlines 2 years away. August 2024 - Welcome back to Melbourne Victory Marco Rojas

First choice XI assuming Antonis joins

---------------------Izzo---------------

Geria-------Timetheou-----Miranda------Cadete

----Antonis---------Brilliante--------Marchan

---Folami----------Daggers--------Nani

Second Choice XI not bad:

------------------------Acton---------------------

--Nigro-------Broxham-----Spiranovic-------Bello

----Brimmer--------Barnett--------Ikonomidis

----Velupillay------Juric-------Kirdar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First choice XI assuming Antonis joins

---------------------Izzo---------------

Geria-------Timetheou-----Miranda------Cadete

----Antonis---------Brilliante--------Marchan

---Folami----------Daggers--------Nani

Second Choice XI not bad:

------------------------Acton---------------------

--Nigro-------Broxham-----Spiranovic-------Bello

----Brimmer--------Barnett--------Ikonomidis

----Velupillay------Juric-------Kirdar

Brimmer will be first choice mate Antois will be a supersub if he joins

Antonis is a much better player than Brimmer. Can't see him being anything but a first xi player when fit.

Brimmer will be starting XI unless he drops in form. Antonis can play defensive mid in rotation with Marchan.

I'll be difficult to fit everyone in. Their will be injures and suspensions so he'll get his opportunities. Don't forget Broxy is still around hiding in the wings to take someones spot as he always does.

Brimmer will be starting XI unless he drops in form. Antonis can play defensive mid in rotation with Marchan.

I'll be difficult to fit everyone in. Their will be injures and suspensions so he'll get his opportunities. Don't forget Broxy is still around hiding in the wings to take someones spot as he always does.

DJ to rotate through keeper and striker positions this season 😆

Antonis will probably be good insurance in case we lose Brimmer to Europe in the mid season trade window.
apparently he doesn't want to move his dad is really sick

Oh ok, well that's sad if true. I wonder what will happen if a great opportunity arises though. He's got the talent and it would be great for the national team.
if I remember correctly he has what Neale Daniher has, he's apparently rejected offers overseas

Antonis is only 28. Crazy.

Not really reflective of Antonis' situation but I often wonder who advises a lot of these players in Australia. No issue with going elsewhere (overseas) to test yourself but the amount who trade one club for another for (assumedly) a minor pay rise only to not perform is mind boggling.

Antonis is a much better player than Brimmer. Can't see him being anything but a first xi player when fit.
Didn't Brimmer just win Johnny Warren medal for best player in the league.

He isn't getting dropped from starting XI any time soon.

Rai Marchan and Brillante are class A-league holding midfielders. I really don't see Antonis starting if he re-joins MVFC. But would be a good option off the bench and to rotate in if their are injuries.

Has anyone been watching MVFC friendlys? Is Popa considering a formation change? Against Man United They played 3 at the back with wingbacks and two up top. But I think that was purely due to available personnal at the time of the game.

I'm also not sure that Nani will play as a traditional winger. He's old and probably doesn't have the legs to run up and down the wings. Could he work next to Brimmer as duel number 10s. The best role Nani could actually be suited for is a Robbie Kruse super sub role off the bench to run at tired defenses. But it would be quite crazy to bring in a high profile marquee and only play him off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back