Recommitted Harry Morrison [signs new deal to 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Sam loves him.

But so did Clarko. Solid dependable player. Runs all day, uses it well, not overly quick but always seems to find time and space. Has really improved his defensive work being a bit stronger through the hips and sticking tackles.

I think there is definitely space for both Amon and Morrison. We aren't exactly blessed with options on the outside.

I really don't know who this player is, but can't imagine the Hawks want to lose a 23 year old with 78 games unless he is really bad.

Morrison was the fourth last player selected in the 2016 draft. He averaged 19 disposals and 0.5 goals per game this year playing 21 games.

2016 national draft
Pick 73 - Nick Larkey 71 games
Pick 74 - Harry Morrison 78 games
Pick 75 - Ben Davies 11 games
Pick 76 - Mitchell Lewis 51 games
Pick 77 - Jake Waterman 73 games

Morrison was the fourth last player selected in the 2016 draft. He averaged 19 disposals and 0.5 goals per game this year playing 21 games.

2016 national draft

Seems reasonable

2016 national draft
That’s a bloody decent last 5 picks of a draft.

2016 national draft
Had a decent year.

2016 national draft

4 of the last 5 players in a draft being picked every time fit in a season. Surely that hasnt ever happened before. And so rare I'd be amazed if it happens again in the next 20 years.

Morrison had a solid year this year, which was by far his best year. Even with Amon coming in I cant imagine Sam gets rid of him. Would be a terrible message for the average players on the list.

4 of the last 5 players in a draft being picked every time fit in a season. Surely that hasnt ever happened before. And so rare I'd be amazed if it happens again in the next 20 years.

Morrison had a solid year this year, which was by far his best year. Even with Amon coming in I cant imagine Sam gets rid of him. Would be a terrible message for the average players on the list.

Morrison and Amon is a great wing pairing.

Completely different types of footballers despite playing the same position.

If one would consider him bottom six in the side, things are good at the hawks.

I have always rated him, would be stunned if he was shopped around.

solid.

Solid, dependable player. Good user of the footy with a good side step. Good tank as well.

His downside has been his lack of pace. Means he can get exposed defensively on the wing. He has previously been too slight as well and been pushed aside easily but is gradually putting on size and it’s becoming less of an issue.

Seems to be the sort of person coaches love. Can’t see him leaving tbh. Seems well liked in the playing group.

Can't see us willing to part with him while our outside options are so thin. Wouldn't command enough trade currency for us to consider.

From his perspective, he's entrenched in the best 22, at the club his god-father (Ken Judge - I think that's their relationship?) played for. Unless he's told his job security is gone (not challenged) I can't see the motivation for him to move without a significant carrot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Somebody on our board said a contract extension was due to be announced soon.

The running gag has always been that he's a 'neat' or 'vanilla' player. Went above that this season and shed his whipping boy status from a few posters as well. Reliable, hard working, well liked and from all reports has leadership qualities.

Should form a nice partnership with Karl Amon.

He will be retained for sure as depth in the wing position for us.

We are much more likely to let Tom Phillips go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back