Free Agency Conor McKenna - comes out of retirement to join Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder who the other clubs are?

Essendon would obviously be in
Brisbane, Collingwood, GWS, Hawthorne, Port, St. Kilda and the Dogs too I'd think

Was a gun before the homesickness hit him during COVID in 2020.

Would love him back at the Ron's but can't help but see him going to Geelong where he will thrive and push for AA selection.

If he goes elsewhere do we get any compensation seeming as though he left us with years still on his contract?

Would love him back at the Ron's but can't help but see him going to Geelong where he will thrive and push for AA selection.

If he goes elsewhere do we get any compensation seeming as though he left us with years still on his contract?

dont think it works that way but * me dead

is there a player on the market Geelong is not into?

He retired in 2020 to go back to Ireland.

I imagine we would have to apply to the AFL like Carlton did with Liam Jones but it is possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So like Jones would he essentially be a delisted FA? Would love him to get to the Cats. Need pace off half back.

I don't think so. He didn't leave the AFL system in the current year/cycle. He would be like any other player delisted over a season ago.

Buckley is right "buyer beware"

Connor can't pick and choose when to play footy if he's coming back he has to be committed 100% and see out his career none of this home sickness stuff
he stuck it out for a long time with us.
2020 was more a ton of bricks than a bit of straw that broke that back.

dont think it works that way but * me dead

is there a player on the market Geelong is not into?
It’s just lazy Journalists who link us to players.
An article above says he has a relationship with James Kelly who is now an assistant at Geelong and we already have 2 Irish listed players and failed in bringing another over after he signed.
Pretty sure there’s plenty of other Irish players in the comp and also James Kelly wasn’t his only coach he had a relationship with.

As a Geelong supporter it gets abit tiring being linked to all these players when the likely hood is we might get 2 max
Most likely just one in Hopper

It’s just lazy Journalists who link us to players.
An article above says he has a relationship with James Kelly who is now an assistant at Geelong and we already have 2 Irish listed players and failed in bringing another over after he signed.
Pretty sure there’s plenty of other Irish players in the comp and also James Kelly wasn’t his only coach he had a relationship with.

As a Geelong supporter it gets abit tiring being linked to all these players when the likely hood is we might get 2 max
Most likely just one in Hopper
Kelly was our backline coach for much of his time there. was also in the side during the top up year (was quality too) when McKenna was breaking out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a relationship, but wonder how much it'd be kept up with him overseas and ripping it up in Gaelic + Kelly I imagine quite focused on the crew he has at Geelong.

tbh, wouldn't mind Kelly back. We're gonna need a defence coach next year.

Kelly was our backline coach for much of his time there. was also in the side during the top up year (was quality too) when McKenna was breaking out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a relationship, but wonder how much it'd be kept up with him overseas and ripping it up in Gaelic + Kelly I imagine quite focused on the crew he has at Geelong.

tbh, wouldn't mind Kelly back. We're gonna need a defence coach next year.
What about Dustin Fletcher?

Doing great work with the likes of Zerk Thacter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back