Traded Billy Frampton [Traded to Collingwood for F3]

SteeleSaints

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Billy Frampton is apparently OOC at the Crows, what would we cost in a trade?

The media have reported that Collingwood have shown interest, I would hope a club like the Saints are keen also?

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
Has shown more as a defender than he did as a forward. Great user of the ball (especially for a tall), good decision maker, solid intercept marker. Accumulates well. But he gets absolutely burnt on the lead and struggles to lock someone down. Has improved defensively but still a way to go.

SteeleSaints

Club Legend
Mar 26, 2022
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints recruiting manager Chris Toce has been all over the SANFL previously, so hopefully he has seen enough of Frampton to make the call.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Apparently it's a done deal to Collingwood.
Don't know why the Maggies want him??

Typical looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type player. Will frustrate Supporters wherever he goes.
No, what will frustrate them is that he will play a game or two in a row that are super, and you think he has turned the corner, for him to then turn into Mr Average again. Rinse and repeat.
I have no doubt if he got consistency in his game he would be more than a capable player.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
No, what will frustrate them is that he will play a game or two in a row that are super, and you think he has turned the corner, for him to then turn into Mr Average again. Rinse and repeat.
I have no doubt if he got consistency in his game he would be more than a capable player.
He doesn't have the mentality to be quality afl consistent player.
People get sucked in by his athleticism and height combo, and he's pretty clean too.
But it's not enough.

Weird decision by collingwood

Billy Frampton (Adelaide) and Bobby Hill (GWS)

“Collingwood are bringing in Dan McStay, but Billy Frampton I’m told is basically over the line at Collingwood.

“He will come in from Adelaide, Bobby Hill as well, barring any late hiccups.

“A Jordan Roughead replacement, if you like, is Billy Frampton.

“Imagine Bobby Hill and Jack Ginnivan in the same forward line as well, Dan McStay and what that might do for Brody Mihocek.

“You can see what Collingwood is trying to do to better balance that list.”

48 would do the trick. A future 4th back if Collingwood really want to argue about a pick being included.

Lippa was pick 43 and he played afl games last year and was offered a 3 year deal from the dogs and younger.

Given Frampton prob more likely was to be delisted, a future 3rd or 4th.
Frampton played AFL games this year too.

Likelihood of delisting or had already got an offer from Collingwood?

48 thanks.

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Has shown more as a defender than he did as a forward. Great user of the ball (especially for a tall), good decision maker, solid intercept marker. Accumulates well. But he gets absolutely burnt on the lead and struggles to lock someone down. Has improved defensively but still a way to go.
Is this the same bloke that was on our list for 5 years because I don't remember any of those things.

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors
Is this the same bloke that was on our list for 5 years because I don't remember any of those things.

Perhaps it's the change to defence that has helped but yeah, shockingly that's true. Even his critics on the Crows board (of which there are plenty) would admit that his ball use and intercepting has been good. And he is getting it a fair bit. Whether he could consistently translate that to AFL level is an unknown. As I said, his one-on-one defending still needs a lot of work too.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently it's a done deal to Collingwood.
Don't know why the Maggies want him??

Typical looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane type player. Will frustrate Supporters wherever he goes.
To be fair your club is pretty average... He's a free hit and the coaches around the Pies have shown their ability to find the best out of players already.

This is around the mark imo.

Pies have 3 picks in the 40's, so 1 of them.
Lmao, we got a far better player in Lipinski for that kind of trade currency last year. Why would we shell out that for a bloke who’s played 24 games in 8 years? Dreaming.

Back