Scandal The 2016 finals series was rigged

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be time to drive the Cortina into the sunset, Bad Boy.

Oh, and watch out for the sink holes over near Larg's Bay. Don't want to drop that rusty front end!

i think the 70 year age gap between us is showing as i have no idea what you're rambling on about

the funny thing is i wanted the Dogs to win too, but I can just see things for what they are, pity Dogs fans cannot

The Royal Commission into 2016 will be called any day now.

It has to. Australia’s international reputation as a relatively corruption free country depends on it.
The worst umpiring in a GF I have seen cost the Swans a flag that day, but I put it down to umpire incompetence rather than corruption.

Brings back horrible memories of the 1993 Prelim....

Despite Adelaide being 7 goals up at half time, the free kick count was Essendon 16; Adelaide 13.

At the end of the game (and with Essendon dominating the 2nd half), the frees ended up Essendon 32; Adelaide 15.

Yes - we only got 2 free kicks in the 2nd half.

My therapy is on-going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When even the AFL is forced to publicly admit that the umpiring was awful ….. none of the above ain’t it.
Could you please quote where the AFL said it was awful?

You lost, like you did a few weeks ago, like you did in 2014, like you did in 2006. Move on.

Could you please quote where the AFL said it was awful?

You lost, like you did a few weeks ago, like you did in 2014, like you did in 2006. Move on.
You'll find that most Swans fans accept the losses in 06, 14 & 22 without a second thought. There's a reason why Swans fans don't accept the loss in 16, the free kick count was lopsided, and bulldogs were the beneficiaries in each wrong call or non-call. The AFL went as far as to publicly acknowledge the umpiring was sub-standard, which doesn't happen unless it was a complete mess.

I also know someone who was an umpire at the time, and he openly stated that the AFL acknowledged the Swans got the raw end of the umpiring in the 16 GF, there was an internal investigation/ review into the umpiring on the day etc. To me, that's a fair indication that the dogs got lucky, whether it was rigged, incompetence, or an umpire was paid to ensure the dogs won, we'll probably never know, but Swans were robbed in that match.

Whoever paid a free against Hanners after Wood took out his legs should have never umpired another match.

You'll find that most Swans fans accept the losses in 06, 14 & 22 without a second thought. There's a reason why Swans fans don't accept the loss in 16, the free kick count was lopsided, and bulldogs were the beneficiaries in each wrong call or non-call. The AFL went as far as to publicly acknowledge the umpiring was sub-standard, which doesn't happen unless it was a complete mess.

I also know someone who was an umpire at the time, and he openly stated that the AFL acknowledged the Swans got the raw end of the umpiring in the 16 GF, there was an internal investigation/ review into the umpiring on the day etc. To me, that's a fair indication that the dogs got lucky, whether it was rigged, incompetence, or an umpire was paid to ensure the dogs won, we'll probably never know, but Swans were robbed in that match.

Whoever paid a free against Hanners after Wood took out his legs should have never umpired another match.
Sounds like you just weren’t good enough bruh.

E8992AFF-2C54-48E7-AEDD-7A561BE98BFF.gif

Nah brah, sounds like you had an extra 3 on the field brah.
If memory serves me one of those three umpired this years grand final. I’m sure the AFL found conclusive evidence of Sydney choking once again.

To be honest , my gripe about this GF is not the umpiring or against the Dogs as they were the better side on the day - but the scheduling of finals games by the AFL that year.

The Dogs played the first final on a Thursday night against the Eagles and got a days break on Hawthorn (who finished top4) for the semi final the next week. So essentially they had regular 7/8 day breaks over the final series.

I don’t mind Thursday night finals but they really should be between 1v4 or 2v3, so the top 4 teams get a longer break than the 6v7/5v8 teams - but hey , I’m sure the AFL isn’t stupid enough to do this again.

Oh wait they did. The loser of Dees v Swans plays Richmond the following week with a days less break 🙄
Almost like 2012 where Sydney got their prelim finalist off a 6 day break instead of 7 because the AFL wouldn't play the final at the scg...

Sounds like you just weren’t good enough bruh.
Has any team ever won a game with 3 free kicks to 3qtr time? I dunno for sure but I can probably guess.

AFL wanted a dogs win. AFL heads with articles getting written about "a dogs or tigers win would be good for the game" during the preseason. A game style built around deliberately throwing the ball. Puff pieces in the AFL media about the bulldogs "handball club" to massage the view that they're just really really quick handballs (mmm nah they're throws). Gil crying and hugging Gordon on the ground after the game saying its the best day of his life lol

Evil swans had to be punished for "stealing" buddy from GWS, trade ban wasn't enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back