The Robodebt Royal Commission

Remove this Banner Ad

The only trouble with that is email records, meeting minutes and other correspondence can and will show otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
I presumed the same when dan Andrews was asked questions.....apparently not

Local footy club takes minutes for anyone scratching their ass in a meeting but not the state government on major decisions....

On CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Were innocent people truly getting caught up in this? The two people I know IRL that were asked to pay back money were two people who were claiming payments when they shouldn't have (one stopped doing their mutual obligations due to gaining an inheritance and for whatever reason still kept getting their payment, another had won some serious $$$ through sports betting and was asked months later to provide their betting statements which led to being asked for money back, apparently bet gains count as income?).

Were innocent people truly getting caught up in this? The two people I know IRL that were asked to pay back money were two people who were claiming payments when they shouldn't have (one stopped doing their mutual obligations due to gaining an inheritance and for whatever reason still kept getting their payment, another had won some serious $$$ through sports betting and was asked months later to provide their betting statements which led to being asked for money back, apparently bet gains count as income?).
Maybe try google.

and over a thousand people took their own lives because of a Government hatched plan to further propagate the myth that welfare fraud was rampant.

Over 370,000 people were charged by a Government as having committed welfare fraud and the ****s Morrison, Stuart Robert, Christian Porter and all the LNP didn't give a f**k about private debt collectors treating these people as criminals.

There has always been a department within Social Social Services that has investigated alleged fraudulent activity but what Morrison and his Supremacist mates did, was to portray another section of our community as "not worthy" and subject them to ridicule. Just like they have done with Muslims, black fellas, LGTBI people and others and the last attempt at demonising people was that dog Deves, directed from the Morrison's office, bringing transgender people into the spotlight not for any noble cause, but to create controversy and play to the bigotry and prejudices of people who don't know any better.

My niece and countless other students who had part time jobs but were paid on "off days", that is, not your normal Thursday to Thursday or Friday to Friday and not on a weekly basis but on a fortnightly basis, Wednesday to Wednesday and such like. They would work odd hours and being compliant, they gave this information to the Centrelink people so they could adjust their Student Allowance if they were students or their Social Security Benefit if they we unemployed/underemployed and because the computer didn't recognise the "anomaly", these people were hounded mercilessly and portrayed as welfare cheats.

The pig dogs held a Royal Commission into the Home Insulation Program when medieval Abbott and the LNP was elected because, tragically, 4 people lost their lives because the NSW and QLD Governments who are responsible for licensing and accrediting builders and renovators, just as the other States are, either were lax in regulatory measures or had none at all. This does not excuse the Federal Government form not taking this scenario into consideration and the "buck" rightly stops at the top.

The bleating and diversionary tacts from the right wing media and the baked on LNP tossers that it's "all a witch hunt" is disgusting.

Last edited:

Yes, innocent people were truly getting caught up in this, and yes people took their own lives due to the pressures that speculatively invoicing the poorest Australians exerts.

This was wrong.

this is a direct result of scomo-crook and his fellow dodgy mates stacking the board and facilitating creeps like this getting a job.

fortunately there is some genuine journalism there as the expose on stuart robert on 4 corners showed.

this is a direct result of scomo-crook and his fellow dodgy mates stacking the board and facilitating creeps like this getting a job.

fortunately there is some genuine journalism there as the expose on stuart robert on 4 corners showed.

If you’re not a witch, you have nothing worry about then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seriously question whether this will really get much traction in the media. It's too pro-Coalition.

I wonder if Renee Leon, the then-Secretary of the Department of Human Services (including Centrelink) will get a grilling. She resigned or was sacked not long after the Federal Court held that Robodebt was illegal. Although she was the most senior public servant in the department at the time, how much say did she get in the scheme?

“It’s a witch hunt…”
If you ain’t a witch, you have nothing to worry about!
Pretty simple guv!👍
Um no.
Witch hunting was you’d take the accused (generally a woman) and hold her down in water. If she drowns she was innocent if she doesn’t she’s a witch and she would be burned.
Either way you die

Um no.
Witch hunting was you’d take the accused (generally a woman) and hold her down in water. If she drowns she was innocent if she doesn’t she’s a witch and she would be burned.
Either way you die

What if she's made of wood?

Anyone with a Huey Freeman av is alright in my book.

I had to "pay back" around 3.5k for a period in which my total payments from Centrelink were $0. I told them I was going to appeal, and was told that makes no difference and that I had two weeks to pay. I had been working for a couple of years at that point, and they could see my bank balance - which I'm not sure was legal, because it was probably an outsourcer who made the call.

From memory the previous government acknowledged that close to 20% of "debts" raised were in error. Those who raised that 20% figure claimed they were the false ones, which might not include the over-stated ones.

I had to "pay back" around 3.5k for a period in which my total payments from Centrelink were $0. I told them I was going to appeal, and was told that makes no difference and that I had two weeks to pay. I had been working for a couple of years at that point, and they could see my bank balance - which I'm not sure was legal, because it was probably an outsourcer who made the call.

From memory the previous government acknowledged that close to 20% of "debts" raised were in error. Those who raised that 20% figure claimed they were the false ones, which might not include the over-stated ones.
It was a stupid ignorant comment I made, I am sorry you had to go through that.

Did you get your money back?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back