Strategy 2023 SuperCoach Planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What about this bloke? :moustache:

Lachie Whitfield (GWS Giants). Estimated price: $468,000 DEF/MID

Could we? Whitfield is on the ‘never again’ list of many KFC SuperCoaches after burning the more than 80,000 who started him this year at what we thought was a bargain price of $502k. But there were some excuses. Whitfield was played all over the field – often in the same game – and missed matches with ankle and hip injuries, which he probably also carried while he was in the team.

His form improved under Mark McVeigh – averaging 94 after the Giants’ bye – but it will all come down to new coach Adam Kingsley and how he uses Whitfield in the pre-season. If he parks him at half-back and allows him to maximise his elite running and disposal, it will be hard to resist a 28-year-old priced at 86 who has averaged 90-plus in five of the past six seasons including 111 and 104 in 2019-20.
Bitch Slap Drag GIF

Didn't realise that Phillips only managed 3 games in the VFL this year, hopefully that helps him keep DPP, could be an okay cow.

Thought Van Rooyen looked damn good for Casey against us in the VFL this week. Played as a fwd but worth keeping an eye on for Rnd 1, esp. if he has def.

edit
Bigger units for def rooks go ok.
McCartin 21 games at 68, De Koning 20 games at 66. Noice.
Just saying....maybe Van Rooyen the 2023 equivalent and gets def/fwd.

Last edited:
Justin McInerney struggled for form this season. Potentially worth a punt at under $400k. Blakey is taking a lot of his chips though, so might not have the short-term ceiling that was expected at the start of this season.

Warner at a little over $500k and Blakey at a little over $450k are the most appealing Swans options for mine though. Neither are locks, but the prospect does arouse me. The prospect of Captain Chad especially warms the cockles of my Chol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin McInerney struggled for form this season. Potentially worth a punt at under $400k. Blakey is taking a lot of his chips though, so might not have the short-term ceiling that was expected at the start of this season.

Warner at a little over $500k and Blakey at a little over $450k are the most appealing Swans options for mine though. Neither are locks, but the prospect does arouse me. The prospect of Captain Chad especially warms the cockles of my Chol.
That's a good price for Warner mate.

Does Darcy Wilmott's gane tonight ruin his price for next year?

Only barring finals have on SC is positional status for next year.

Wilmot will be 124k year no matter what.

Thoughts on Jackson if he ends up at the Dockers? Would make sense if he spent more time in the ruck and Darcy spent more time forward IMO.
Would be a wait and see on both for me.

Rucks are gonna be shithouse next year. Really hoping Grundy doesn't go to Melbourne too.

Would be a wait and see on both for me.

Rucks are gonna be shithouse next year. Really hoping Grundy doesn't go to Melbourne too.
If Grundy ends up at Melbourne, Jackson would probably end up my 3rd preference behind Witts and Marshall. Both he and Roma should hopefully be DPP which is tempting - flexibility for if one of them flops (or if Roma's body plays up).

If Grundy ends up at Melbourne, Jackson would probably end up my 3rd preference behind Witts and Marshall. Both he and Roma should hopefully be DPP which is tempting - flexibility for if one of them flops (or if Roma's body plays up).
Marshall won't get DPP, Ryder going down killed that dream. I like him, but he's so inconsistent and doesn't mind an injury.

Witts will be priced at 110, don't see any value there, good chance he goes back to under 100.

I'll probably go for Gawndy if they are at different clubs. * knows if they are not.

Marshall won't get DPP, Ryder going down killed that dream. I like him, but he's so inconsistent and doesn't mind an injury.

Witts will be priced at 110, don't see any value there, good chance he goes back to under 100.

I'll probably go for Gawndy if they are at different clubs. * knows if they are not.
Yep, Witts was only a doomsday solid number one option if Grundy ends up at the Dees, but I doubt that happens. Not many other options I have much faith in. Maybe Ladhams if Hickey retires, only because we'd have nobody else - not because I trust him.

****ed up not having 2 ruck options that are set and forget.

At this stage I think I might go Grundy/Blicavs ruck combo or as I like to call them "Blundy":moustache:

Yep, Witts was only a doomsday solid number one option if Grundy ends up at the Dees, but I doubt that happens. Not many other options I have much faith in. Maybe Ladhams if Hickey retires, only because we'd have nobody else - not because I trust him.

*ed up not having 2 ruck options that are set and forget.
If it gets that bad I might go for Draper and hope he breaks out :(

Gawn with no Jackson or Grundy is a lock.

Sounds like Grundy going to either Melbourne or Geelong, so that might ruin that plan.

He will still score ok and for $500k after what happened this year with the rucks he is worth the risk wherever he goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back