We made the finals… Changes VS Dockers

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
A little surprised they are running with Darcy forward. Tough role for a skinny kid to play, despite how awesome he looked in that quarter against Hawthorn, was expecting him to stay back and I would’ve brought Schache in. Think its worth the gamble though, the kid will be awesome.

Duryea out is unfortunate, defense looks dodgy enough as it is and he will be missed. I presume Williams will be the one that plays back, hopefully he and Keath can somehow find the form that has escaped them this season.

4Seasons

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2022
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Think they want to play Louge down back too and worked out Meek as a forward is useless
Interesting, and you could be right.

I think Logue will stay forward and play a similar role that Cordy played for us in 2016. They are a little average up forward currently.

I think the original plan was Darcy to play more forward, and Meek to take care of the ruck. But he’s been so average there as well, that Darcy has had to go into the ruck anyway to clean up the damage Meek was causing in there.

I really give us a chance this week. Always good to be playing finals.

Oliver G

Premium Platinum
May 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Rain is now likely a non-issue, latest BOM forecast has less than 1mm for the day and most likely early...

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 8.08.18 pm.png

Who's backing English up? Darcy? Dunkley?

My crazy bevo tip is it will be keath lolol

Haven’t worked it out yet? Daniel is the ace up his sleeve

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
How good is finals footy?!?

Can’t believe some didn’t want us to make it.

Looking forward to a few beers and watching us make our way through to the G against the Pies next weekend.
Baffles me that people would prefer us to have finished 9th than make the 8. Either we lose first week and it's cost us 1 spot in the draft order, or we win 1 final (or more) unexpectedly again which would be awesome.

Those within the club don't suddenly forget there are certain issues to address because we made the 8, they aren't morons.

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Looking at the emergency list, suggests we’ve got a few sore talls who are playing. Also looks as though Doc could be removed from the emergencies tomorrow and replaced with someone else.

West must have something going on.

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking at the emergency list, suggests we’ve got a few sore talls who are playing. Also looks as though Doc could be removed from the emergencies tomorrow and replaced with someone else.

West must have something going on.
Doesn't fill me a lot of hope with West bring out of contract.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thinking of ed Richards.

Googled it and poor bloke had only played in 2 finals. Both losing elims.

Give it to em Ed.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
The only change I’d make is to bring in an extra runner for one of Cordy or Keath (probably Cordy).

Freo only have Lobb, Logue & Amiss (skinny second gamer) and I doubt there would be any stages of the game where they actually play 3 tall forwards as one would typically be on the bench or playing ruck. I just hope we don’t have a situation where I see Cordy chasing around Schultz or Walters because there’s no matchup.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Feel for Bruce but he played some of the worst football I’ve seen the last few weeks. Darcy, Naughton and JUH all look miles ahead for now. Hope he gets super fit again for round one.

Good to see Tony back but if he’s up to it I’m a bit surprised they didn’t give him a game late. Was med sub once but that’s it.

Noticed Duryea’s an emergency so maybe there’s a chance of a last minute call up if the baby comes early?

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The only change I’d make is to bring in an extra runner for one of Cordy or Keath (probably Cordy).

Freo only have Lobb, Logue & Amiss (skinny second gamer) and I doubt there would be any stages of the game where they actually play 3 tall forwards as one would typically be on the bench or playing ruck. I just hope we don’t have a situation where I see Cordy chasing around Schultz or Walters because there’s no matchup.
Switkowski (sp) concerns me.

Last edited:

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Over the past three finals series the side has played an opponent late in the year and then again in the finals on 4 occasions and the results have flipped dramatically in all of them

2019: Bulldogs by 61 in round 22, Giants by 58 in the elimination final

2021: Essendon by 13 in round 21, Bulldogs by 49 in the elimination final.
Port by 2 in round 23, Bulldogs by 71 in the prelim.
Bulldogs by 20 in round 19, Melbourne by 74 in the grand final

2022: Freo by 17 in round 22.....

I think there's something to one side being comfortable with what worked and the other knowing they've got to bring something else to the table.

Four out of five times last finals series the results flipped the other being Melbourne's win after the siren, it doesn't appear to be random. Brisbane lost to Richmond late in the season and again the result flipped, I'd be getting a little nervous if I was Freo.

Back