News Izak Rankine, Gold coast holding Rankine to Ransom- #FreeIzak

What will be the trade with the Suns? (Crows posters only, NO opposition supporters)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone questioning if Izak is worth it watch what Shai Bolton is doing tonight, because there’s every chance that’s what we’re getting with Izak.
but, but, but…. murphy, Rowe and mchenry!!… tackling pressure!!…

we’ve had a young indigenous kid in the SANFL for two years now with lightening speed, x factor, goal sense and pretty bloody good skills who hits the scoreboard and assists in a hell of a lot of other goals… but we haven’t played him even as a rebuilding side.. because he doesn't look as though he is working very hard!.. unlike mchenry and Murphy!.. or something like that..

the whole mindset at the club revolves almost entirely around defensive pressure and making everything a tough contest.

actually kicking goals comes a bit further down the list of kpi’s

What we have is basically the Dawson scenario again.

Our 1st pick is more than his worth, our 2nd pick is less than his worth.

So we need to find the middle ground.

Either that's do some wheeling and dealing (Maybe turn 5 into a 10ish pick, PLUS a future 1st - See if Port want that??? - I'd happily death ride Port next year :p)

Or get creative with the trade.

Maybe
2022 1st round pick, 2022 2nd round pick, Matt Crouch
for
2022 1st round pick, 2022 3rd round pick, Izak Rankine

Yep. Agree

We split out 2023 future first round pick to ether the Western Bulldogs (pick 11) or Richmond (pick 12)

We trade our 2023 future first round pick to them for their first pick this year and future first next year. We should end up with a pick next year around 12-15

We offer that pick 11 or 12 to the Gold Coast and with 5 minutes to go they will accept that deal.

So you actually think the Bulldogs will trade Pick 11 and their first next year for a speculative 2023 pick that could be anywhere from 6-9 ???

No list manager is their right mind is doing that trade.

If you ask Kane McGoodwin he isn't even worth 1 first rounder........
I never said that!

You have me confused with someone else.

I have said he is worth a pick in the teens which is still a 1st rounder.

we’ve had a young indigenous kid in the SANFL for two years now with lightening speed, x factor, goal sense and pretty bloody good skills who hits the scoreboard and assists in a hell of a lot of other goals… but we haven’t played him even as a rebuilding side.. because he doesn't look as though he is working very hard!.. unlike mchenry and Murphy!.. or something like that..

the whole mindset at the club revolves almost entirely around defensive pressure and making everything a tough contest.

We prefer hard running hacks like keays who have no skills.

I never said that!

You have me confused with someone else.

I have said he is worth a pick in the teens which is still a 1st rounder.
Players rarely don't get to the team they want to.

The club getting the player usually pay slight unders for players out of contract.

Rankine is not worth a 1st rounder.

You're fantastic. Keep it up!

You're fantastic. Keep it up!
This was a reference to our pick #5... which he is not worth imo.

I have discussed splitting for 2x later 1st rounders, but hey guess you ignored those posts.

But whatever makes you feel better...

none of rowe murphy mchenry should be playing but neither should newchurch-work rate is really poor if last weeks match is anything to go by

we dont need any of them we will have rachele, rankine, peds, macadam all best 22 - all are fast and all (other than rankine) tackle and all are goal capable unlike who they played this year

Players rarely don't get to the team they want to.

The club getting the player usually pay slight unders for players out of contract.

Rankine is not worth a 1st rounder.

That’s your opinion but I think 99.99997% of football followers would disagree with you

Could be our best player come 2024

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

none of rowe murphy mchenry should be playing but neither should newchurch-work rate is really poor if last weeks match is anything to go by
I've now watched the last 5 x SANFL games .....Newchurch has been largely a spectator .....damn if I can see the hyping, demanding an AFL game .....and none of the other 3 you mentioned are being dropped for Newchurch

I've now watched the last 5 x SANFL games .....Newchurch has been largely a spectator .....damn if I can see the hyping, demanding an AFL game .....and none of the other 3 you mentioned are being dropped for Newchurch
couple of factors to take into accoumt there..

ever since he kicked a bag opposition sides have been tagging him

also in the last 5 or 6 games of the season they have been playing him out of position on a wing for some reason… maybe to help him shake the tag.. I dont know..

and in the last month an a half he’s been playing with soreness,, groin issues.. they rested him for the last game of the minor rounds against port and bought him back in for the final on the weekend but it was clear he’s still not right.. has none of his usual speed and drive in his legs.

guess they have no option but to play him through his soreness given he’s qualified to play in the finals.. the only other option is using a top up..

the travesty of it all is that we are a rebuilding club and when he was in some very good form mid season we didnt give him a run in the AFL side and chose Murphy who played pathetically in the next couple of games.

as a rebuilding club we had nothing whatsoever to lose from bringing him in and giving him a run in the AFL side.

Last edited:
I love your optimism, but I can't see any scenario where we don't use Pick 5.

I think we're kidding ourselves if we think the PSD will be a realistic option.

As for trading Pick 5 and getting Pick 7 back. the only way I can see us getting 7 back would be if we traded Pick 5 and our 2023 first rounder for Rankine and Pick 7, which may be an option if we're keen on Phillipou and think he'll still be there at that pick.

Honestly I think you're massively underrating Rankine's asking price. I have said before that he's worth between Pick 5-10 and the reality is that Pick 5 is really the only trade collateral that we have.
So why is he worth more than Dawson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why is he worth more than Dawson?
Dawson was worth way more than we gave for him. Too many on here don't watch other games so didn't know how good he was/is.

If you selected Dawson with pick 5 you'd go away happy.

Posters need to stop referencing past trades like Dawson and Cameron. Rankine trade will be done by the clubs as a stand alone trade, previous trades aren't brought up in discussions, nor are points like what's happened to us in the past with go homers.

Dawson was worth way more than we gave for him. Too many on here don't watch other games so didn't know how good he was/is.

Posters need to stop referencing past trades like Dawson and Cameron. Rankine trade will be done by the clubs as a stand alone trade, previous trades aren't brought up in discussions, nor are points like what's happened to us in the past with go homers.

Previous trades would absolutely be brought up in discussions between the two clubs.

i said neither should newchurch

none of rowe mchenry murphy's newchurch are afl standard

I love your optimism, but I can't see any scenario where we don't use Pick 5.

I think we're kidding ourselves if we think the PSD will be a realistic option.

As for trading Pick 5 and getting Pick 7 back. the only way I can see us getting 7 back would be if we traded Pick 5 and our 2023 first rounder for Rankine and Pick 7, which may be an option if we're keen on Phillipou and think he'll still be there at that pick.

Honestly I think you're massively underrating Rankine's asking price. I have said before that he's worth between Pick 5-10 and the reality is that Pick 5 is really the only trade collateral that we have.
What do you think Richmond will give for Taranto?

What will Geelong give for Hopper?

They're a similar age to Rankine and have achieved a LOT more.

Yep. Agree

We split out 2023 future first round pick to ether the Western Bulldogs (pick 11) or Richmond (pick 12)

We trade our 2023 future first round pick to them for their first pick this year and future first next year. We should end up with a pick next year around 12-15

We offer that pick 11 or 12 to the Gold Coast and with 5 minutes to go they will accept that deal.
Clubs won't agree to that.

Our pick next year could be in the teens. We don't think it will be but there's no guarantee. The opposition team hold all the risk in what you've proposed and they won't agree to it.

That’s your opinion but I think 99.99997% of football followers would disagree with you

Could be our best player come 2024

He was playing reserves last year.

Past trades are a decent indicator of how trades like this play out.

And in negotiations of any kind, objective comparators are routinely used to sense check the fairness of settlement offers.

Gold Coast (and vic media) will bring up the Cerra trade. Adelaide will bring up May, J Cameron, Lever, Dangerfield, C Cameron and Dawson trades, each of whom went for less than pick 6.

The upcoming Taranto and Jackson trades will probably have even more weight.

Is #5 talked about, because we have #5 ......what if we were in RICH's shoes and only had #12 ?

Would the negotiations with GC start with #12 plus ......i'd suggest this would be the case
if the crows had 12, and I was the Suns, I’d be expecting 12 and the crows 2023 1st..

and, if the roles were reversed and it was Rankine leaving the crows to the suns and the suns had pick 12.. every single crows supporter here would be screaming for pick 12 and the suns 2023 1st..

we dont need any of them we will have rachele, rankine, peds, macadam all best 22 - all are fast and all (other than rankine) tackle and all are goal capable unlike who they played this year

Rankine tackles, averaged half a tackle more than Rachele and half a tackle less than McAdam. Those 4 could make for a very special forward line

Still think Newchurch is a possible delist, not hard enough for Nicks

Could be right. I would hope both cat B boys get kept for another year at least. More chance to prove themselves, adds to the Sanfl team and not costing a list spot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back