Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Elimination Final - Lions v Tigers Thurs Sept 1st 7:20pm EST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 76 36.4%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 9 4.3%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 64 30.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are using player reactions as a point of reference perhaps we should look at Harris Andrews reaction ;)

FbnmoPuUUAET7dF

Imagine this; every team in every game must receive the same number of free kicks, say 20 each. One team goes out head hunting, plays dirty all night, yet still gets 20 free kicks. Fair? Or biased against the "cleaner" team? Tats the scenario people screaming against unequal free kick counts are looking for.
Correct me if I am wrong but I believe we are now on the same page. In your scenario of the dirty team I would still say that it was fair but the free kick count would be lopsided against them. Free kick counts never have to be even and people asking for it to be even are just plain wrong.

On a side note I think this issue is going to get worse with more umps on the field because now you will have 4 different interpretations of acts.

They also review every goal. So even if the umpire hadn't referred it, the field umpire would've been told to not bounce the ball and the game would've been stopped for the review.
Right, so basically I’ve just nutted that out in 5 minutes yet all these footy programs and SEN talk back would have been chirping on non stop all day analysing nothing?

Right, so basically I’ve just nutted that out in 5 minutes yet all these footy programs and SEN talk back would have been chirping on non stop all day analysing nothing?

I mean it's easier than those talk shows coming up with original content to talk about, or you know...actually analysis of a good game of football :eek:.

Nope. For some godforsaken reason Hardwick refuses to tag opposition guns. Every man and his dog could see Neale was carving us up and crickets from our coaches.
Games like last night make it look horrendously stupid but that same tactic/attitude has also bought you 3 flags.

At the end of the day this was the correct result. Tigers had one of the easiest fixtures this year including no double ups vs any finalist and still only scraped into the 8. Pity people are trying to remove the shine from Brisbane's win because they don't understand how the camera angles and triangluation works.
Fact is that's not why Richmond lost. They gave Neale absolute freedom for 3Q, and he was the difference. They allowed Daniher, while surrounded closely by 5 Richmond players to kick the winning goal; and they played an unfit and ill-prepared Dusty. He wasn't disgraced but when it counted in the dying minutes where was he - on the bench.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was on the mark and didn't even turn around to look at it.
I love how lynch is looking back at who he can blame for missing a sitter. Toxic culture

Not only was there not conclusive evidence to support overturning the goal, it most probably was a goal based on still images. Take a look at these images taken from a screenshot of the ARC.

This is the front on view showing the ball inside the post. It’s irrefutable it is inside the post.

View attachment 1496840

This is a second image from the left side at the exact same point in time. This image is important because it shows the ball over the post. We know the ball is not over the post based on the front on view. As a result the ball must be on or behind the goal line at this point in time. It would otherwise be impossible for the ball to appear over the post from this angle.

View attachment 1496842

The ARC should be a trained professional who understands angles but they have clearly made a significant rushed error. This decision must be overturned for the integrity of the game.
Booo frigin hoooooo🥲

Was clutch last night wasn't he? Shame a few of his team mates couldn't step up when he did.
I thought Richmond's goal kickers had a fantastic night, sharp shooting consistently. It was just Lynch in those last couple of minutes, seemed to get the yips or something and just looked unsteady. Cracking game though.
From this angle it looks like a goal:

Really? Because I'm looking at this thinking it does nothing but confirm it was a post, the ball literally is in line with the post, with no daylight until it's above the height of the post. Anyway, that's why the ARC use multiple angles.

Yep. Turned around to see opponent and blocked his run. Yet the bloke going for the ball is the bad guy. Good pick up.
That ought to nullify any talk about the Lynch point/goal. If Daniher had been injured the MRO may have been interested in this incident

Back