Neutrals of bigfooty - Which team would you like to win the flag?

Which team would you like to see win the flag this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
I am actually surprised someone did not create this thread two weeks ago but since they didn't I decided to create it now as I am curious about what people think.

I suspect Brisbane will win the poll and if Sydney were not in the finals I would likely vote for them too as Brisbane seem to generally be a well liked team who have not won the flag in quite a while. At the same time I doubt too many people would be upset if Fremantle won the premiership either considering it would be their first.

So of the teams in the finals which would you like to win the flag?

Also please don't vote if you have a team currently in the finals.

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Best to worst:

1. Freo

2. Swans

3. Pies

4. Lions

5. Cats

6. Dees

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
I hope the best teams wins.
I think the winner from the Cats v Demons prelim final will go on to take it.

However Swans have the front running now with a prelim final with homeground advantage so they just about favourite.
If they can keep Hickey in the ruck and have Sam Reid help out a bit in ruck and be their main key forward they can cause the upset like happened on Friday night. Petracca now banged up means Demons are very vulnerable with best player at 70% to 80% for rest of finals series.
But I think Cats are most likely to win it from here with Jeremy Cameron likely to be the difference between also ran and the flag.
It is all or nothing for Cats with that trade and this older player group. If they can win this year's flag it will all be worth it.
If they can do it they would have won 16 wins in a row for the premiership which will equal my club in 1995 and Lions in early 2000's.
So all up I would be happy for them if they won but also be happy for Demon fans if they win as it would mean their supporters actually got to see their club win one at the home of footy in their own lifetime. They would be a good ending to season too.
I have a soft spot for Lions and like their style of play as it entertaining so if they cause an upset I would not be unhappy with that too.

Last edited:
Not Collingwood. McRae may be a nice guy, but it's Collingwood.

Not Geelong. It's a more enjoyable story seeing them get close to their Holy Grail but never quite getting their hands on it.

Not Sydney. Living in Canberra we get a lot of Sydney news on radio and TV and Sydney's current success is almost as insufferable as the one sided Raiders crap we have to live with when they are doing well in the NRL. If they win it, it will be insufferable.

Not Fremantle. We had to wait 50 years, so can they.:)

Not Brisbane. Because I could only vote for one.

kriles76

Club Legend
Jul 16, 2003
37° 44′ 00″ S, 144° 51′ 59″ E
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Keilor Bowls Club
If it’s a Sydney vs. Geelong GF, it’ll be like choosing if I prefer to get cancer or to have a heart attack.

I had hoped Collingwood would have won yesterday so at least one of them would have had to knock the other out in a PF.

In answer to the original question, anyone but Sydney or Geelong.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sydney - I like the way they play

Brisbane - I don't think they deserve it yet
Geelong - I just can't stand Hawkins
Fremantle - Honest side but don't seem to have the guns yet and not sure they deserve it
Melbourne - Never want to see anyone else win 2 in a row
a chasm the size of Jupiter
Hollywood - hope they severely underestimate Freo this week and are torn a new one

Swans
Family connection to South and genuinely like them as a team …
Exactly the same as me.

Elderly family members have strong links to South Melbourne and the Swans have my favorite non Carlton player in the league regarding Luke Parker. 👍

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
Exactly the same as me.

Elderly family members have strong links to South Melbourne and the Swans have my favorite non Carlton player in the league regarding Luke Parker. 👍

And how could anyone not like Parker 😎
139EEB89-7A4A-4E77-B4E8-DF48B62748C4.jpeg

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Swans. Used to live there 20 years ago and watch games at the SCG when Roosy took over. Bit of a soft spot for them. Would love to see Bud tear it up in the GF. Plus, how can you not like the way they play.

Wouldn't be upset if the Pies won, as unlikely as it would be, but what a story. 17th to flag in one year hasn't happened before. Gives me hope for a Clarko-led Roos next year!

Kobe Gryant

extremely overqualified chemistry teacher
Jul 31, 2021
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers
Not Collingwood. McRae may be a nice guy, but it's Collingwood.

Not Geelong. It's a more enjoyable story seeing them get close to their Holy Grail but never quite getting their hands on it.

Not Sydney. Living in Canberra we get a lot of Sydney news on radio and TV and Sydney's current success is almost as insufferable as the one sided Raiders crap we have to live with when they are doing well in the NRL. If they win it, it will be insufferable.

Not Fremantle. We had to wait 50 years, so can they.:)

Not Brisbane. Because I could only vote for one.

I'm in Sydney myself, it's insufferable because it's generally from people who have no idea about the game.

There's no real ex-player or pundit up here who knows footy, so It's ends up being the Karl Stefanoviks of the world who jump on the bandwagon up here. It's cringeworthy listening to them try to analyse and tip the game.

Back