Neutrals of bigfooty - Which team would you like to win the flag?

Which team would you like to see win the flag this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans.
Brisbane.
Fremantle.
Geelong.
Collingwood.
Melbourne.

The two teams I would've had as last preferences are eliminated at least.

foreverfreo freo GIF by Fremantle Dockers

From most preferred to least:

1. Geelong / Sydney (would like to see Danger win one or Buddy win one after the change to Sydney)
3. Freo
4. Brisbane
5. Melbourne
6. Collingwood

Not Collingwood. McRae may be a nice guy, but it's Collingwood.

Not Geelong. It's a more enjoyable story seeing them get close to their Holy Grail but never quite getting their hands on it.

Not Sydney. Living in Canberra we get a lot of Sydney news on radio and TV and Sydney's current success is almost as insufferable as the one sided Raiders crap we have to live with when they are doing well in the NRL. If they win it, it will be insufferable.

Not Fremantle. We had to wait 50 years, so can they.:)

Not Brisbane. Because I could only vote for one.
Their holy grail? Surely every team's holy grail.

Of course it's every teams Holy Grail, but I wasn't talking about every team. I was talking about Geelong. *in' nitpickers, *in' petty and *in' pathetic.

Geelong- would be a win for unfair advantages which is unAustralian.
Brisbane- would be ok as they would have earned it.
Fremantle- would be the best result and a popular result to see the purple monster unleashed.
Collingwood- would result in a bogan uprising and alcohol related crimes.
Sydney- they have too many free gifted players, again it would be unAustralian.
Melbourne- they don't have many supporters so they don't need another flag.

Not Collingwood. McRae may be a nice guy, but it's Collingwood.

Not Geelong. It's a more enjoyable story seeing them get close to their Holy Grail but never quite getting their hands on it.

Not Sydney. Living in Canberra we get a lot of Sydney news on radio and TV and Sydney's current success is almost as insufferable as the one sided Raiders crap we have to live with when they are doing well in the NRL. If they win it, it will be insufferable.

Not Fremantle. We had to wait 50 years, so can they.:)

Not Brisbane. Because I could only vote for one.
You could have just said Melbourne and been done with it 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before the finals I wanted Freo. Now I want Collingwood to win it. I think they played a great brand and as tough a game style physically as can be played. The standard of the Collingwood Geelong match was unprecedented imo. Just a great game and I feel it was being played Collingwood's way, Geelong just managed to be a bit more clutch in the end.

So I'm going Collingwood , then Freo and finally Sydney. Then it's the best of the worst options from bad to worse would be , Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane. I really just don't want that figjam Cameron (Brisbane's Cameron) getting a premiership.. and I'd rather not see clangerfield get 1 either.

1. Flagmantle
2. Sydney
3. Brisbane
4. Melbourne
5. Geelong

6. Collingwood

1. Collingwood - simply because I enjoy watching them and what they have done this year 🤮

2. Fremantle - Because it’s about damn time.

3. Sydney - similarly to Collingwood are exciting to watch but have been successful for a while so below Freo.

4.Brisbane - 🤷‍♂️ at least it’s not Geelong

5. Melbourne - Because f**k Geelong

6. Geelong - f**k off all ready.

nah lots of other teams holy grail would be making finals or even just winning a final

nah lots of other teams holy grail would be making finals or even just winning a final

🤣🤣🤣🤣 wowee what an ego from somebody who’s own club isn’t nearly as successful as the big clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

South connection still evident in crowds down here.
I always laugh when people say the south connection is a myth.

We constantly have at least 10k Vic members and Friday night there would have been at least 25k swans supporters at the ground.

I was only 2 when the swans moved to Sydney but I'm a 4th generation south supporter and now have 2 boys of my own that love the swans.

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣 wowee what an ego from somebody who’s own club isn’t nearly as successful as the big clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Win a final before talking egos champ

If I was neutral I would strangely have the swans as the most and least I’d like to win.

I’d like them to win because I have an immense amount of respect for how they play and that like us they’ve made a deliberate attempt to keep contending so it really endears them to me. On the other hand if they win they’ve succeeded in doing it and getting a reward at the end of it whereas we haven’t
It's similar to my sentiments for Swans in this season. I think we put that team away earlier in season, then some serious injuries and loss of form lead us to lose our way in season with low points the loss to Saints and Crows that just should not have happened. If they were to win it, would kick ourselves harder as piss a season down the drain but if side like your Cats win, I feel like, I'm an ok with it as they beat us in season comfortably and looked the best team so if you win it, I think, we were never a realistic chance anyway.
I'll sleep better over the summer if a team I expect to win it and have experience wins it like Cats or Demons. Hence why I want to see one of them win it.

Back