Neutrals of bigfooty - Which team would you like to win the flag?

Which team would you like to see win the flag this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I always laugh when people say the south connection is a myth.

We constantly have at least 10k Vic members and Friday night there would have been at least 25k swans supporters at the ground.

I was only 2 when we moved to Sydney but I'm a 4th generation south supporter and now have 2 boys of my own that love the swans.
Yeah, I replied to a post about a month back where some muppet was basically saying the club died. They relocated but did not die and same club as South Melbourne continued in Sydney base now. It was a post about Barassi in heading so did not notice it was actually a post in North club forum. So a few of their insular muppets sooked it up simply because I accidently posted my disagreement with the stupid statement in their forum without realising it was the North forum. Was weird response to a simple correction of reality. South connection is still a reality. The bloods club culture is no accident and well and truly alive in the spirit of club greats like Bob Skilton and Barry Round of their past. I love the culture of their club kept well and truly on into the present. Attend matches in Melbourne and it obvious.

2017 QF, 2019 PF and 2020 GF.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Ancient history now, Tigers haven't won a final for two seasons. I gotta say it's really weird having you follow me around to every thread on this forum but at the same time it's nice to know I've got a fan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane, for Mitch Robinson

My order:

1. Sydney - Just love watching them

2. Fremantle - Any team which is either suffering a flag drought and/or never won an AFL era flag is always higher on my preference list. Also want them to do it for Mundy.

3. Geelong - Technically as a Port man I'm supposed to have them at the bottom of my list, but... I'm more than happy to see Jezza, Stewart and SDK win premiership medals. This is gonna be their best chance at it without a doubt.

4. Brisbane - To see Brisbane win a flag ahead of Ports would make us look like even bigger underachievers, but also, they're due for one aren't they? Charlie Cameron deserves one. Would take an elite run of form from 6th though.

5. Melbourne - I have nothing personal against the Dees, they're a fantastic defensive outfit, but I simply get bored of watching teams become dynasties considering how many we've had in the last 15 years.

6. Collingwood - Yes Fly McRae is a good bloke, but I will never support any organization that openly jokes about their own horrible off field behaviour:

“I hear some of you girls are going overseas tomorrow,”
“I have a message for you from Jordan De Goey: ‘Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do’.” -
Jeff Browne

There no 100% neutral fans.

I would prefer to see Brisbane win, then Collingwood, Melbourne, Sydney, Geelong, Freo. Probably.

The thought of living in Perth with Freo as premiers is horrifying. Any of the other 5 teams winning is much of a muchness.
Youd be dodging Purple all summer! :)

Yeah, I replied to a post about a month back where some muppet was basically saying the club died. They relocated but did not die and same club as South Melbourne continued in Sydney base now. It was a post about Barassi in heading so did not notice it was actually a post in North club forum. So a few of their insular muppets sooked it up simply because I accidently posted my disagreement with the stupid statement in their forum without realising it was the North forum. Was weird response to a simple correction of reality. South connection is still a reality. The bloods club culture is no accident and well and truly alive in the spirit of club greats like Bob Skilton and Barry Round of their past. I love the culture of their club kept well and truly on into the present. Attend matches in Melbourne and it obvious.
What exactly is meant by "bloods club culture" though ?

They won zero finals in the 50 years from the 1945 "bloodbath" Grand Final defeat vs Carlton until their lucky escape vs 8th-placed Hawthorn in the 1996 Elimination Final. Easily the worst performed club in that half-century. They were nearly always down the bottom of the ladder. They contested just 4 final series in those 50 years and got bundled out without a yelp.

"Bloods club culture" seemed to gain traction as a marketing ploy or media label after the 2005/06 Grand Final appearances with dependable, good-character, veteran players like Brett Kirk, Jude Bolton, Leo Barry, Ryan O'Keefe, Jarrad McVeigh and Adam Goodes

But the resilience and mental toughness of those Sydney teams was unlike anything displayed by the easybeat Swans from 1950-1995

I suppose it was a way to recognise their long history in South Melbourne as a foundation VFL team, but it always seemed a bit weird to me. Their rosy present not quite aligning with an inglorious past... Like North banging on about their "Shinboner spirit". (The "Shinboners" didn't exactly set the VFL on fire, taking 50 years to win their first flag after being admitted in 1925)

Last edited:
Back