Does Geelong's 'lifestyle' factor give them an unfair advantage for free agency signings?

Remove this Banner Ad

They got hold of the rules committee, don’t reckon any other factor even comes close, success brings FAs, not Geelong + environs!
Here we go! Richmond conspiracy theory No.36

Good stuff. All very objective from Cats supporters, not defensive / predictable forum behaviour at all. Well done.

The fact is that GEEL have geographical advantages over other Victorian clubs.
GEEL will always be the most attractive Victorian-based club and doubly so for those from the region for obvious reasons (none of those being Chris Scott).

Financial levers would be the best and easiest equalization measure for the AFL Commission.
Think of it like a 'reverse-COLA', which would be quite measurable if the AFL Commission had the want to justify such a position.
If they justified it with SYD, they could justify it for GEEL.

Good luck with the 'Champion Team'.

Why does this card get played EVERY SINGLE TIME SOMEONE DISAGREES!!!

Youve made a claim hat has no basis and has a tonne of proof to the contrary: that other clubs have their own drawcards and attractions and that there is no way to try and measure it so get over it and let it go.

But no, that common sense retort is not good enough.

When did Shocking come onboard the rules committee?

I have no idea.

Do you get this tinfoil about the cacophony of other AFL rules officials and committee members who have or have had ties to AFL clubs?

What I personally like the most is that this person with, apparently, limitless influence with the afl decides to wield this power NOT by awarding his pet team an ongoing binding agreement to host week one finals on their home ground as well as the standard 11 home games a season.

No, what he thought would be much better would be to make the guy standing in front of the guy who marked the ball, stand still for a few extra microseconds.

What genius.

The rules committee guy made major changes to the game, then took head job at Geelong, the burden of proving there was no conflict of interest lies with Shocking and Geelong.

How the f*** do you figure that?

You’re the one making the accusation. It’s like a bitch that accuses their husband of having an affair. If he’s not, all he can do is tell the truth, there is no proving anything. The burden of proof is on her.

I actually had you pegged as one of the smarter Richmond posters.

Disappointing.

I have no idea.

Do you get this tinfoil about the cacophony of other AFL rules officials and committee members who have or have had ties to AFL clubs?

What I personally like the most is that this person with, apparently, limitless influence with the afl decides to wield this power NOT by awarding his pet team an ongoing binding agreement to host week one finals on their home ground as well as the standard 11 home games a season.

No, what he thought would be much better would be to make the guy standing in front of the guy who marked the ball, stand still for a few extra microseconds.

What genius.
Like I said the COI was massive, Shocking was reported in the mainstream media to be changed the rules based on watching Richmond videos.

It’s not anyone but Geelongs and Shockings burden to disprove.

Anyway the point is, success brings players in, not the delights of the city of Geelong, (which, imo, are not ‘all that’!)

How the f*** do you figure that?

You’re the one making the accusation. It’s like a bitch that accuses their husband of having an affair. If he’s not, all he can do is tell the truth, there is no proving anything. The burden of proof is on her.

I actually had you pegged as one of the smarter Richmond posters.

Disappointing.
It’s because that’s the thing about COI, the appearance of COI is the issue, even if you swear in your own mind you are being level headed and unbiased!

It’s because that’s the thing about COI, the appearance of COI is the issue, even if you swear in your own mind you are being level headed and unbiased!

As I said there is conflict of interest across every single level of the industry. Every coach bar Fagan and a handful of others in the last 5 years as far as I’m aware has played for a club. Most of them for clubs different to one they coach.
Umpires all have teams they would support.
AFL officials all have ties to teams, as players, management, rules committee members, MRP officials or anything else. And many club officials at all teams would have ties directly back to the AFL.

Perhaps the funniest part is the notion that an organisation worth as many billions of dollars that the AFL is, would just go to Steve Hocking - AKA Benito Mussolini - ‘here do whatever the f*** you want.’

That’s what they have committees, boards, and dozens and dozens of logistics and analyst staffers for

Geographical advantages... like Tom Hawkins taking ~ $500k p.a. less than market value every year to live on a farm.
That's pretty extreme. Makes my point well though. Thanks, Tom.

Captain of AA team takes less to live on farm.

My sincere apologies for not being forthcoming with proof such as transcripts of private conversations and certified copies of the players' contracts.
I hope you appreciate that these are hard to come by.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back